ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Advice to apply for wife and disable daughter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

khalid2k2
Newly Registered

Need Advice to apply for wife and disable daughter

Post by khalid2k2 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:31 pm

I have just recieved my ILR and I am 65 Years Old and I do not take any benefits from gov and work . My Wife (62) is back in Pakistan with my disable daughter (30) and i want to bring them here because my wife cannot take care of my daughter by her self and I want my wife with me here.
How can i bring them here and what do i need to bring them here ?

secret.simon

Re: Need Advice to apply for wife and disable daughter

Post by secret.simon » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:43 pm

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

khalid2k2
Newly Registered

Post by khalid2k2 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:50 pm

Is that apply to me ? My Wife is sick and has health problems and she has to take care of her self and our daughter and in my country there is no facility where my daughter can get better treatment and i have nobody else to take care of them selves ...

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:55 pm

I doubt that Adult Dependent Relative visa applies to you. If it does, you have practically no chance of getting it. It is one of the hardest visas to get with fewer than 100 visas issued in the last four years.

For that visa, you must prove that the care that the person needs is unaffordable in the home country and that you can afford to pay for that care in the UK. Given that care in Pakistan is cheaper than care in the UK, one of the two requirements must fail.

You are better off getting your wife here as spouse and daughter as dependent.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:56 pm

khalid2k2 wrote:Is that apply to me ?
It may apply to your daughter as her age is 30, but not to your wife.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:39 pm

On what basis was ILR acquired?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

khalid2k2
Newly Registered

Post by khalid2k2 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:56 pm

Obie wrote:On what basis was ILR acquired?
I was dependent of my sons wife as was him but we both nown have ILR , also i am at an age that i am eligible for pension so do i still have to fullfill the income requirement ?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:47 pm

Age is irrelevant in this case. What would count is if you were in receipt of specific benefits. And even if you were, you still would need to prove that you can provide for your wife adequately without recourse to public funds.

Section 3.6 of the The Immigration Directorate Instruction, Family Migration: Financial Requirement document states the following;
Where the applicant’s partner is in receipt of any of the following benefits or allowances in the UK, the applicant will be able to meet the financial requirement at that application stage by providing evidence of “adequate maintenance”rather than meeting an income threshold:
  • Carer’s Allowance.
    Disability Living Allowance.
    Severe Disablement Allowance.
    Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.
    Attendance Allowance.
    Personal Independence Payment.
    Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.
    Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme.