ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New qualification, Tier1 general route to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sash11
Newly Registered

New qualification, Tier1 general route to ILR

Post by sash11 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:37 pm

Hi all,

please comment

"I have used a prefessional qualification(IEng) awarded by Engineering Coucil UK for my extension application. PBS calculator awarded 30 points for it.
Later, I achieved higher professional qualification(CEng) awarded by Engineering Council UK and now i want to use it for my ILR application. PBS calculator was awarding 35 points for it when PBS was active.
Now PBS has been deactivated.
UK NARIC only compares foreign qualifications with UK qualifications and new UK NARIC visas and nationality service doesnt have option for Tier 1 general applicants, so cant confirm if you can claim points for a new qualification.
How tier1 general applicants can claim points for a new qualification ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: New qualification, Tier1 general route to ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:53 pm

You are not applying for Tier 1 G. Have you tried selecting 'settlement' or 'ILR'?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sash11
Newly Registered

Post by sash11 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:13 pm

Thanks CR001.

I selected "settlement" and created account but it says DO NOT add professional qualifications :(

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:47 pm

CEngg. is a "professional registration", not a qualification per se - that you qualify for on the basis of a previous qualification (e.g. - bachelor, master, doctorate in engineering) and experience in the chosen field to a required level, and the registration is subject to a peer review and not some "examintation".

Likewise for IEngg.

Correct me if I am wrong in what I have stated above.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sash11
Newly Registered

Post by sash11 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:39 pm

Thanks geriatrix.
There is a previous qualification and professional review route as well as an examination route giving you professional qualification or professional registeration if you like.

I would request focus on the fact that this was on PBS calculator along with hunderds of other professional qualiftiocations or professional registerations. Now PBS calculator has vanished altogether and UK NARIC is filling in just for foreign academic qualifications i.e. B.Sc./M.Sc.etc.

How about academic, professional or vocational qualifications from UK institutions which were previously recognised on the PBS calculator ?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:04 am

As on date, the new NARIC V&NS does not let you add UK qualifications.

So,

If one has an academic qualifications (bachelor / master / doctorate) from UK then you no longer require any additional evidence.

With regards to professional / vocational qualifications obtained from UK institutions, you will need a letter, either from NARIC or the professional body that awarded you the qualification / registration, certifying that the qualification / registration you obtained meets, or exceeds, the recognised standard of a UK bachelor’s, master’s or PhD, as verified by NARIC.

So, check with NARIC and Engineering Council. Also note that a letter from professional body will only be accepted if NARIC refuses to or cannot assess the professional / vocational qualification.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:14 am

both IEng and CEng are professional qualification. they should not be used in settlement application.
I personally think u should get an approved English exam.

There can be people who do not have degrees, and can still qualify for CEng.. hence it is not equivalent to bachelors degree or above.
PS: i am Ceng.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:36 am

iworker, it is not clear whether OP has posted the query in context of "English language proficiency" requirement or whether the OP wishes to use a new qualification for more points for "qualification" under the Tier 1 G PBS .... or both?

Anyways, English language requirement for settlement cannot be met on the basis of a vocational / professional qualification. Clearly noted in the immigration rules (Appendix KoLL).

sash11
Newly Registered

Post by sash11 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:15 pm

Thanks geriatrix.
Engineering Council apparently doesn't have a system to confirm academic equivalency of professional qualifications / registrations. I have written to UK NARIC and waiting for a reply.

And yes I do NOT intend to use this qualification for "English Language Proficiency" but for more points in the qualification section of settlement form.

I am just wondering what are my options if UK NARIC doesn't respond ? :(

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:03 am

In that case you may not be able to use the new qualification, IMHO.