ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Old Biometric Card was kept?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

EEApartner

Old Biometric Card was kept?

Post by EEApartner » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:06 pm

Hi all
I have just successfully been granted ILR today by premium same day service.
However, when I checked all my document at home, I found my old biometric card had been gone.
I just wonder if anyone knows that UK Border Agency will keep the old biometric card once they decide to issue you a new ILR card?
I want to make sure that it is not a case they forget to return the card to me.

Also, will I need the old biometric card when I apply to become UK citizen? I am going to register to be UK British Citizen with the 5 year residence route (BNO holder).
I do not know if they need to check my previous biometric card or if I just need to supply my UK passport.
However it doesn't say what visa I held on my passport without the biometric card.

Please can someone kindly advise.

Thanks all

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Old Biometric Card was kept?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:12 pm

yes they keep it as it is no longer valid once ILR is issued and no you wont need it for BC application, only ILR BRP needed
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

EEApartner

Post by EEApartner » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:17 pm

CR001 wrote:yes they keep it as it is no longer valid once ILR is issued and no you wont need it for BC application, only ILR BRP needed
Thanks great to know. So when I apply my BC under BNO registration, I only need to submit Passport in this case?
Last edited by EEApartner on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EEApartner

Post by EEApartner » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:18 pm

CR001 wrote:yes they keep it as it is no longer valid once ILR is issued and no you wont need it for BC application, only ILR BRP needed
Thanks great to know. So when I apply my BC under BNO registration, I only need to submit Passport in this case?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:26 pm

i am not very familiar with BNO applications,can help with AN application though

why are you applying bno and on what basis?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

EEApartner

Post by EEApartner » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:07 am

Sorry I meant I will use BOTA as I'm BNO Brit National Overseas.
I think in this route I only have to submit my passport to show I satisfied the 5 years resident requirement.
As they took away my Biometric card, there's no visa on my passport tho they can see from the stamps when I travelled.
So I hope it's still ok without the old biometric card when I apply my BC a year later.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:56 am

I am not familiar with these citizenship applications, hopefully a moderator can help you further.
Char (CR001 not Casa)