ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Part Time Job .. What to Check

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AUHS
Member of Standing

Part Time Job .. What to Check

Post by AUHS » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:29 pm

I am due to ILR early next year . I am working as an Engineer ( Full time Employed)
I was short of two thousand £ to get the required amount to claim earning points.

So I have started a part time Job ( Also Employed ). To reach the appropriate level .I started my job in February and I receiving my pay slips regularly and getting my salary in my Bank account.
I have also received a PAYE coding notice from HMRC to confirm that Basic rate tax will apply on my part time job which I Understand .
I just want to make sure that my part time employer is paying my taxes to HMRC accordingly as I don't want to take any risk in my ILR application .

I have received PAYE coding notice from HMRC about my part time job . It confirms that my Employer have registered me to HMRC and paying my tax ...

Is it enough to satisfied or do I need to check some thing else as well to make sure all is in order.

Please share your reviews . Will appreciate it,

argus7
Wales

Re: Part Time Job .. What to Check

Post by argus7 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:36 pm

Two things to be noted.

if the part time employer has registered you as a BR tax paye, make sure that 20 % tax is cut and NI as well. The NI will be very very less.

Also did you submit a P46 with option C ticked?

It will be interesting to see employment history from HMRC with two jobs.
check your PAYE P800 when it comes in June / July period and see if the allowances are added for both PAYE incomes.

Thanks,

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:33 pm

HMRC send 2 PAYE coding noticed for my both jobs .

Full time job .. My tax code is normal and all of my allownce is there as I requested over the phone.

For my part time job the Tax code is BR 20%. And I can see that they are axing it on BR correctly .

Any more input please .

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:14 am

It should be fine.

jayacpr
Member of Standing
India

Post by jayacpr » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:16 am

I have same situation , i informed my part time job that its my second job , but they still not changed my code to BR . :(
will be there any prob

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:46 pm

You mean HMRC? HMRC pay or may not send a PAYE coding notice, just ring them and explain to them. Chase your part time employer as well, so you are registered by them for tax and NI

jayacpr
Member of Standing
India

Post by jayacpr » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:59 pm

i work as part time in xxxx company , which is a big chain , i being paid as normal with 1000l as tax code instead BR , i am chasing upp , but want ti know will it be a prob ?

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:50 pm

IS your partime employer using 1000L and main employer also 1000L and what about personal allowance? Call HMRC and explain to them in a covering letter, other wise you will be paying too much/ too less tax otherwise you may have to do SA SA102 return

jayacpr
Member of Standing
India

Post by jayacpr » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:11 am

yes both are using 1000l ..
Thank you for you replys argus7

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:32 am

from 6th april onwards it should be 1060L and BR for your second income. Does your employment history show both employer names?

jayacpr
Member of Standing
India

Post by jayacpr » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:51 pm

how to get my employment history
thank you