ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payslips confirmation letter - Letter Date?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Saga

Payslips confirmation letter - Letter Date?

Post by Saga » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:34 am

Hello,

Does the payment confirmation letter need to be within one month of the PEO appointment date?

I know it has to be this for the payslip but what about the letter ?

Many Thanks

bhp

Re: Payslips confirmation letter - Letter Date?

Post by bhp » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:36 am

The letter must also be within a month because these are time sensitive documents.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:40 am

Am I missing something here. What is the payslip confirmation letter for?

Wouldn't you would need to provide corresponding bank statements to show pay credited to the account.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

ddb

Post by ddb » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:03 pm

WR1 wrote:Am I missing something here. What is the payslip confirmation letter for?
- The payslip confirmation letter is required where the payslips are not on company letter headed paper/official payslips or if the applicant generally receives their payslips electronically which would have to be printed out by the applicant.
WR1 wrote:Wouldn't you would need to provide corresponding bank statements to show pay credited to the account.
- Yes you would need to (as standard).
--------

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:44 pm

ddb wrote:The payslip confirmation letter is required where the payslips are not on company letter headed paper/official payslips or if the applicant generally receives their payslips electronically which would have to be printed out by the applicant.
ahhh...I see.

I guess that's one option of confirmation other than having to ask HR to print them onto company headed paper.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Saga

Post by Saga » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:48 am

OK thanks guys.

What about a letter with all the monthly gross salaries in it ? On company headed paper and signed.

Will that suffice ?

Just that my letter is dated 19th March and my PEO appointment is 22nd ! !

Ivan Vodka
Newly Registered

Post by Ivan Vodka » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:44 pm

[quote="bhp"]The letter must also be within a month because these are time sensitive documents.[/quote]

Your advise is clearly wrong.

Saga

Post by Saga » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:18 pm

Ivan Vodka wrote:
bhp wrote:The letter must also be within a month because these are time sensitive documents.
Your advise is clearly wrong.
Why is it wrong? Please elaborate.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:56 am

Wouldn't the date of the letter be after the payslips by default.

I mean you have payslips for, say 3 months for end of January, end of February and end of March. The letter would confirm these are genuine electronic payslips. The letter of confirmation would then be dated sometime this month in April, otherwise how is the confirmation letter dated on 19 March confirming the payslip for end of March which would not have arrived at that time?

Saga

Post by Saga » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:06 pm

WR1 wrote:Wouldn't the date of the letter be after the payslips by default.

I mean you have payslips for, say 3 months for end of January, end of February and end of March. The letter would confirm these are genuine electronic payslips. The letter of confirmation would then be dated sometime this month in April, otherwise how is the confirmation letter dated on 19 March confirming the payslip for end of March which would not have arrived at that time?
Letter is date 19th March.
PEO appointment date is 22nd April.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:38 pm

Saga wrote:

Think you missed my point. What is the date of your last payslip. This would be the one for the end of March. Your confirmation letter predates this last payslip so how would it confirm your March's payslip?

Saga

Post by Saga » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:45 pm

WR1 wrote:
Saga wrote:

Think you missed my point. What is the date of your last payslip. This would be the one for the end of March. Your confirmation letter predates this last payslip so how would it confirm your March's payslip?
Sorry I should have been clear. I have the original payslip for March so yes the letter does not contain that.

Saga

Post by Saga » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:57 pm

I have another related query:-

We are allowed to claim earnings on any consecutive 12 months from last 15 months.

If we do not claim the immediate last 12 months, the last payslip will not be within 1 month of the application date which is not fulfilling the section 11 'documents ' requirement in SET(O) guidance.

How is this apparent contradiction resolved?

ddb

Post by ddb » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:53 pm

Saga wrote:I have another related query:-

We are allowed to claim earnings on any consecutive 12 months from last 15 months.

If we do not claim the immediate last 12 months, the last payslip will not be within 1 month of the application date which is not fulfilling the section 11 'documents ' requirement in SET(O) guidance.

How is this apparent contradiction resolved?
- This is not a contradiction. That statement under Section 11 of the Set (O) Guidance Notes is specifically for Tier 2 migrants; the most recent payslip serves as evidence that the Tier 2 applicant is being paid at the appropriate salary level.

If you refer to Section 12 of the Set (O) Form under 'Your Finances', the most recent payslip (within a month of the application date) serves as evidence that the applicant has the ability to maintain & accommodate themselves without recourse to public funds. This is not in any way strictly linked to the earnings period a Tier 1 migrant has chosen within the 15 months immediately prior to the application date.

Hope this helps.
--------

Saga

Post by Saga » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:55 pm

Thanks ddb for your reply. Really helpful.