ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Penalty notice for disorder

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

HOPE22
Newly Registered

Penalty notice for disorder

Post by HOPE22 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:49 am

Hi All

I am going to apply ILR in 2 weeks time.I was issued a PND fine (Penalty notice for disorder) in 2011.I paid the fine straight away.
I have dome SAR in Police national computer.It came back clear.

do I need to mention this in SET O form even if it is not on my record ?

any help will be greatly appreciated.

HOPE22
Newly Registered

Re: Penalty notice for disorder

Post by HOPE22 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:57 pm

any one Please

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:58 pm

Yes. Declare it.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

HOPE22
Newly Registered

Post by HOPE22 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:06 pm

Casa wrote:Yes. Declare it.
Where to declare it as SET O form does not specifically ask about pcn/fpn/pnd ? Also it is NOT a conviction or admission of guilt...do I still need to declare it ? will it make any difference to the application ?

many thanks for your reply

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:44 pm

What does it ask for?
This is official gov.uk information:
A PND does not form part of an individual’s criminal record but in relation to a recordable offence an entry may be made on the Police National Computer (PNC) which may be disclosed as part of an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.

What was type of disorder was the PND issued for?

Edit: I've now read the SET(O) form and if states:
Give details of each penalty you have received, starting with the most recent one. If you or any dependants who are applying with you have received more than two such penalties, please photocopy this page and enclose it with this form.

The PND isn't sufficiently serious to warrant a refusal, but failing to declare it may be.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

HOPE22
Newly Registered

Post by HOPE22 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:41 pm

Casa many thanks for your reply.

It was for shoplifting(Unintentionally).

I have checked the PNC(Police national Computer).And there is no record on it.

The question you mention does not ask to declare the PCN/FPN/PND .So which section I should mention it.Also bear in mind that the PNC check is clear.

thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:45 pm

You mention it in the section where you are asked to declare penalties....which is the section I have posted. Give details of each penalty you have received, starting with the most recent one
I've given my opinion, it's entirely your choice and your risk whether you take it or not.
(Casa, not CR001)

Libby_2018
Newly Registered

Post by Libby_2018 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:54 pm

Hiya,

How did you get on? Were you successful?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:34 am

Libby_2018 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:54 pm
Hiya,

How did you get on? Were you successful?
OP has not visited since 2016. Do Not bump old threads :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice