ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO application deferred due to absences

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shiftingsands
Newly Registered

ILR decision deferred

Post by Shiftingsands » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:56 pm

I went to Liverpool PEO on Sept 19th, for my (and 3 dependants) ILR application. In the past 5 years (WP + TIER1) I have been out of the country for 158 days with 97 days in one single instance (2008). I provided all supporting documents justifying the gap. After Biometrics, the case worker mentioned that although he was satisfied with the application, he was not authorised to approve our application and hence will have his manager approve it the next day and ring us to advice the decision and also post the documents/passports etc first class recorded delivery.

We haven't heard from him since and are still awaiting our dox.

I wonder if this new guideline has any impact on our application. It doesnot mention the previous requirement of max 90 days gap in a single instance. Does it mean that we are now clear or does it mean that we are in further trouble.

Would appreciate any comments. Anxious times.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Here's an example of a successful approval of settlement application by a migrant in very similar circumstances as yours - after the so called "changed policy" was introduced.

Approval / refusal of such applications is always dependent on the documentary evidences submitted to prove continuous residence in the UK - as has been the case, prior to or after 19-Jul-12.

You have applied for settlement as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, so read through the Tier 1 settlement policy guidance for more information about continuous residence and absences. That policy is still applicable and the so called "changed policy" doesn't override it.

Wait patiently.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Shiftingsands
Newly Registered

Post by Shiftingsands » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:28 pm

thanks sushdmehta.

Shiftingsands
Newly Registered

Post by Shiftingsands » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Dear Sushdmehta,
is the 90 days/three month absence clause still applicable, under the revised guidelines?
Thanks in advance
S.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:44 pm

Yes.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:03 pm

Shiftingsands wrote:Dear Sushdmehta,
is the 90 days/three month absence clause still applicable, under the revised guidelines?
Thanks in advance
S.
what you mean its applicable in revised one ?

it was and it is applicable on previous and revised guidance as well

Shiftingsands
Newly Registered

ILR decision still awaited

Post by Shiftingsands » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:29 pm

MY PEO appointment was on Sept 19. It is almost 3 weeks and I am still waiting for the result. I sent them a polite reminder via recorded delivery on Oct 2nd. No reply to that either.
I am very anxious as I need to travel to Germany on a business trip later this month. I need a fortnight to apply for and obtain the Schengen visa as well. Any advice shall be highly appreciated.

ramay

Post by ramay » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:07 am

see this , not only you are waiting!!
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 447#717447

Shiftingsands
Newly Registered

ILR received

Post by Shiftingsands » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:37 pm

ramay wrote:see this , not only you are waiting!!
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 447#717447
Hi All, Happy to state that I received the ILR last week. The PEO called to apologies for the delay on Oct 9th and I received the passports and the BRP soon after.

I wish all of you all the very best.

Cheers
S.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Re: ILR received

Post by pkumar » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:44 am

what documents you provided for 97 day absence?