ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO success story - Cardiff office, Oct 2014

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fwd079
Diamond Member

PEO success story - Cardiff office, Oct 2014

Post by fwd079 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:22 pm

Hi all,

Brilliant help by all members so thank you all. I went to Cardiff PEO last week (October 2014) and would like to share my experience for others as well as outlining documents submitted.

Application was SET(O) Tier-1 Dependant to ILR for my wife, my daughter and I got ILR last year and wife was eligible since March 2014 since she landed in March 2012 so only Two years' residence was required for eligibility (I was late due to personal reasons).

Early morning appointment, went there half hour before appointment, security checks are done on entrance which I didn't know :lol: but luckily had enough time.

Staff was friendly and we were dealt with nicely.

Documents submitted:

1. Form SET (O) (version 07/2014).
2. Her previous BRP as dependant and passport.
3. My ILR BRP and passport
4. Two Passport Sized photos of my wife with her name on back.
5. Two Cover letters, one from wife requesting her ILR and from myself requesting same.
6. Marriage Certificate translated in English.
7. Her bank statements since Feb 2013.
8. Her Payslips since April 2014 (when she started working), included my own Payslips of last four months and this year’s P60.
9. Council Letters for past two and half years showing she as cohabitant.
10. Tenancy agreement for past two years of same address in joint name.
11. “To whom it may concern” letter from employer, stating my salary.
12. There was a section in SET (O) for date and place of last BRP taken, which I provided with supporting document as letter and stamp on that date.
13. Photocopies of all of above except Passport Photos.

There is a Post Office like ticketing-callout system upon entry, where we state our purpose and get a ticket number to be called later.

I submitted application at 9 am and got ticket, the receiver checked signatures of wife and recorded her mobile number, she then took form with all photocopies and put a sticky on saying photocopies. She told us to wait for Biometric information and told us the whole process could take up to two and half hours. We then sat in waiting area, our ticket was called out 10 minutes later for another room number. Biometric scans were taken there, the BRP machine wasn't accepting wife's fingerprints and after three tries the lady officer overrode defaults and accepted wife's prints, telling its acceptable.

At almost exactly 10 am our ticket was called again to another desk, and we were informed the application was successful. He then handed our documents back but kept all photocopies. Also told us about approval letter and told the BRP will reach us within seven working days. Phew! :D

One thing surprised me that how little time it took, I've frequently read here it takes two, two and half hours. To make sense why ours was so quick ( rather than just being lucky :lol: or a "simpler application" ) so there were few things that I think helped me.

First things first, I did not treat PEO appointment anything different than postal application. Which means, I prepared everything as if its going to post and I will not be able to make amends. PEO gives us one-day-decision facility, doesn't mean we be lenient. I actually saw during my short stay that other tickets were called more than once as they needed more documents, some token numbers were before me, still waiting.
I might be over cautious but here goes:

1. Read the forum here thoroughly specially FAQ’s, great help!
2. Cover letters with clear BRP numbers.
3. Original SET (O) was neatly filled in and held by a big paper-clip
4. Supporting documents categorised by clips and then held by another clip.
5. Take photocopies of everything.
6. Photocopies were not mixed up with originals rather they were in exact same order as original supporting documents but separate. All underneath originals (She was visibly happy to receive everything organised).

I don't mean to be condescending in any writings above. Best of luck all, now I can plan for my citizenship in a bit relaxed manner. :)

Regards.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

ouflak1

Re: PEO success story - Cardiff office, Oct 2014

Post by ouflak1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:02 am

fwd079 wrote: I don't mean to be condescending in any writings above.
Not at all. My wife prepared our application with identical fastidiousness to yours (including a covering enclosure list of everything submitted) as we considered this a major change of circumstances that had to be approached professionally. I saw applicants in Cardiff shuffling through worn folders, obviously reading the guidelines for the first time right there in the office and wondering if they had brought this particular document or that. There literally was a couple who had a bag full of papers, not stacked or organized or anything, just a clutter of papers in a big woven bag, that they were searching in trying to find stuff as apparently 'that's where they kept everything' so it must be in there somewhere. And it seemed like a third of the case workers at the counter were sorting through a ruffled mix of papers the applicant had brought with them to help try and locate the appropriate document that they were asking for. Shocking really. I kind of felt sorry for the case workers (this would definitely increase my stress level). I'm certain it's a big relief for them to get the neat clean properly organized application. These people are human. There's no way that doesn't make a big difference.
fwd079 wrote: Best of luck all, now I can plan for my citizenship in a bit relaxed manner. :)
Yep and congratulations. We waited several years for citizenship. But do keep in mind that the cost is only going up and up....

fwd079
Diamond Member

Re: PEO success story - Cardiff office, Oct 2014

Post by fwd079 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:40 am

ouflak1 wrote:These people are human. There's no way that doesn't make a big difference.
Exactly!
fwd079 wrote: Best of luck all, now I can plan for my citizenship in a bit relaxed manner. :)
Yep and congratulations. We waited several years for citizenship. But do keep in mind that the cost is only going up and up....
Thanks for the wish. Yes totally agreed so I am doing it ASAP. By relaxed I meant not wondering about wife's status. Thanks for advise nevertheless. :)
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.