ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Place and Date of Issue on BRP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

5fifty5
Newly Registered

Place and Date of Issue on BRP

Post by 5fifty5 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:28 pm

Hi,
I got my ILR on 1st of April at PEO. My wife didn't receive the BRP card same time as me and she received it with a "Date and Place of Issue" 2 weeks after mine.

Does this mean she will have to wait for HER 12 months to complete and can't apply at the same time as me becuase Her date and place of issue is 2 weeks after mine?

If this is the case, I want to report it as an error since I don't want to apply separately for naturalisation Next year since it will be increased fees as well as separate application charges.

Pl advise.

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Place and Date of Issue on BRP

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:12 pm

There is no joint application fee anymore, it changed on 6th April this year. All applicants pay a single applicant fee.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... l_2014.pdf

How long has your wife been resident in the UK??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

5fifty5
Newly Registered

Post by 5fifty5 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:10 am

Thanks for replying.

She got ILR with me. The only thing is that I can apply after 1st of April 2015. But I believe she can't because Her date is 16th of April. Is this assumption correct?

The validity of the card is 1st of April 2024 though, Not 16th, which is the issue date of the card. My issue and expiry is 1st of April

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:09 am

You can also submit the letter you received when you applied for ILR.

How long has your wife been resident in the UK (since when)??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

5fifty5
Newly Registered

Post by 5fifty5 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:36 pm

Apologies for not replying earlier to that. She has been in UK since Oct 2009.

So I can use the letter which we got from PEO?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:43 pm

You will be asked for the BRP as that is what confirms your status. You can take letter as it is dated the same as yours when you were granted ILR but it is the BRP that is proof of 'free from immigration' as it states 'settlement' and will need that too in addition to the letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)