ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help, complex case

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

basitali

Please help, complex case

Post by basitali » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:28 pm

I have a complex case. I came to Uk on September 2005 on HSMP visa. Then I got my first visa extension in August 2007 for 2 years. As I was working for UK firm, and due to the nature of my job I spent most of time abroad, although I paid tax for those two years in UK. Then I got my second extension under tier - 1 general category in August 2009 for four years. I still worked for the same job in UK and spent most of to time out side UK, reason purely job nature. My last visa as Tier - 1 participant expired in July 2013, I didn't apply for extension and stayed abroad in Pakistan and worked for my business. Now I want to return to UK can you please advise me. Can I apply Indefinite leave to remain, given that I have HSMP and Tier -1 visa for eight years. I paid tax during this entire 8 years period. Kindly advise I want to come back. What are my options?

harshitguptaiitr
India

Re: Please help, complex case

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:31 pm

Were you out of UK for 3 continuous years? i.e. from Jul 2013 to Jul 2016?
Please DO NOT send me a Private Message for immigration advice.

My responses are not a substitute for professional legal advice. My response does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is it a solicitation to offer legal advice.

vinny

Re: Please help, complex case

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:10 pm

There may have been a chance had you applied for ILR before you left.

Unfortunately, I think you have to start from scratch.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.