ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium appointment - Fees taken during booking

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

npyc
Newly Registered

Premium appointment - Fees taken during booking

Post by npyc » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:06 pm

Just a quick clarification.
I am applying for ILR (based Tier 1 - General - Main applicant only) and during PEO booking I was asked to pay 1,400 GBP.
I am hoping this is new way where you pay fees during booking?
On the day of appointment booking confirmation should suffice?
Please let me know if this is not the process.
Thanks!!!

Malik44

Re: Premium appointment - Fees taken during booking

Post by Malik44 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:23 pm

System is change now you have to pay full fees online at the time of booking your appointment in advance.
when you pay online an automatic payment sheet in PDF format immidiately will be available after payment
Print that sheet along with email confirmation with booking reference from UKBA and take it with you on the day appointment with other documents.

nitinkhera
Newly Registered

Post by nitinkhera » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:43 pm

Hi,

Kindly help. Will appreciate a quick advise.
I am on tier 1 (general) and applying for my ILR this 6th oct along with 1 dependent (wife)
I am been advised that the i selected a wrong category from the online appointment portal.
I am not sure if this is the case as i am getting mixed opinions and worried since i only have 5 days left for my appointment.
To cut the whole story short: under the Set (O) appointment i had selected ‘other main applicant’ instead of ‘Tier 1’. The total fees that i paid for me and dependent is £2984.00.
Please advise if its still ok for me to walk in for the appointment or do i have to cancel and rebook the appointment again in the correct category i.e. ‘tier 1’.
Thanks in Advance

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:46 am

Kindly call the UKBA helpline 0870 606 7766 and explain the situation.

They can advise you the best or may be change your appointment category, if they are willing to do so.

Simplyhuman

Post by Simplyhuman » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:47 pm

I can understand the confusion posed by the wording of the question when booking the ILR appointment online.

The question reads:

Which category of leave are you applying for ?

Whereas it should read: (I think)

Which category of leave are you applying under ?

Thinking about the above, I selected TIER 2. I was thinking about 'other main applicant' too but then thought the form SET (O) is not meant to apply FOR Tier2, it's meant for ILR, hence thought the question could be worded better may be.

Thanks