ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing Times: Change of Name on BRP for UK settled (ILR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gurupandit
Newly Registered

Processing Times: Change of Name on BRP for UK settled (ILR)

Post by gurupandit » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:23 am

I have applied for change in name on my BRP (ILR), as i recently changed my name on my passport.
I have had to send my passport and BRP card to the Home Office as part of the application along with other documents such as marriage certificate.

Its been a month since I received the email from home office with a case reference number (and that they have received my application). Now I am in need of my passport (and BRP) to apply for Naturalisation, and was wondering if there is a way to expedite the delivery of the Passport / BRP.

I am unable to comprehend as to why the processing times states 6 months for a change in name on the BRP, as I am already granted indefinite leave to remain, and just changing name to my married name.

Is anyone here who has had successful application of change in name on BRP card?

Thanks
Prasi

sma_tier1

Re: Processing Times: Change of Name on BRP for UK settled (

Post by sma_tier1 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:45 am

Hope you might have gone through the Section 16 in the "NTL guidance notes" in the below link.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11-16.pdf

It says we can get back the original documents(passport) within 20 days if we email them.

Thanks,
sma

gurupandit
Newly Registered

Re: Processing Times: Change of Name on BRP for UK settled (

Post by gurupandit » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:46 pm

Thank you, it took 2 attempts for me to get my passports back.
the return of the passport was with a condition to send it back to Home Office within 28 days of te letter.