ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of absence from the UK?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mandysa
Newly Registered

Proof of absence from the UK?

Post by mandysa » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:54 pm

Hi,

I am currently on a general tier 2 visa and eligible to apply for settlement (ILR) seeing as I have been on this type of visa for more than 5 years. I pretty much have all I need: I passed my Life in the UK test and have a certificate serving as proof of language.
The only problem at the moment if my uncertainty of proofing absence from the UK over these 5 years.
I started making a list of my trips a couple of years ago and so listing these are not an issue. The problem is that I do not have proof of all of these. Has anyone ever applied and been granted ILR without proof of travel for all their trips? I have been away quite a lot over the years and although I have flight itineraries for most of these there are some that I seem to not have saved. Will this be a problem??
I am so close to applying and would be so disappointed is this proved to be an obstacle.
Many thanks for any replies in advance.

Skc84

Re: Proof of absence from the UK?

Post by Skc84 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:25 pm

You just need a letter from employer confirming your annual paid leaves / business trips when you were away. (time outside uk)

You don't have attach actual itinerary or ticket print out etc.

When are you applying?

mandysa
Newly Registered

Post by mandysa » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:05 pm

Hi,
Well I an apply anytime I want really. I have my current Tier 2 visa until Jan 2017. But I would like to apply ASAP so I do not need to be sponsored by my company anymore.

On the SET(O) form it clearly states proof is neede - flight bookings is mentioned as an option of proof.
My comany can write a letter but this won't prove the dates I left and entered the UK and none of them were for business; only for personal travel.

I just don't want to lose out on £1,400 if my application is wrong. I am pauing more to do a same-day application so everything has to be correct on the day.

Thanks,

Skc84

Post by Skc84 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:32 pm

If you see people who have submitted their applications and received ILR have mostly submitted employer letter.

If you want you can attach copy of your flight tickets too anf write a cover letter if your leaves are less than 180 a year, incase you dont want to get letter from employer.

But employer letter for leaves is more than sufficient.

Thanks

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:21 pm

Although it could delay your application, I think your SAR will be able to show your exit / entry dates, right?

mandysa
Newly Registered

Post by mandysa » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:51 pm

Thanks all for replying.

Well, I have stamps in my passport (2 over the last 6 years) and have made a separate list detailing all my trips away, corresponding them with stamps of entry and exit for each city as well as the page on which the stamp is.

Maybe I am being paranoid about this all but I just want to be sure to do it right.
I will get an employer letter as well and hear what you are saying. I just didn't think this would serve as evidence of when and where I went? all that letter can state is that I took not more than 180 days of leave over the 5 year period (It can't be more than 180 for all 5 years right?)

Another matter, but perhaps I should raise this separately, do you know anything about the 'proof' of language?
I thought my biometric permit would be enough - the fact I have a permit means I have already proven English. If not, I till have an IELTS certificate from 2009. But I saw on another post on this forum today that these are only valid for 2 years?

nisan
Newly Registered

Post by nisan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:44 pm

Hi,
I am on my tier 1 (general) visa and will be applying for my ILR very soon. I had been to the US for about 2 weeks for a conference with my employer, Could you please let me know if I need to produce a letter for this absence as I am not sure if this rule applies for Tier1 (general) visas.

Thanks
Nisan

nisan
Newly Registered

Post by nisan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:03 am

Hi,
Could someone advice me on the above question please?

Thanks