ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Evidence from Accountant.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

crimson76

Proof of Evidence from Accountant.

Post by crimson76 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:18 am

I will be applying for Settlement after completing five years on Tier 1 (General). On Page 37 of SET O, it says, ' Accountants providing evidence must be appropriately regulated, and evidence of the regulation must be provided.'
Does that mean I will have to provide the copies of accountant's qualification certificates or copies of his membership with ICAEW with my application? He has given me his letter that show his qualification and membership number with the ICAEW against his name. Is it ok to just provide letter with his qualifications and membership number or I will need his certificates as well?
Thanks

geriatrix

Re: Proof of Evidence from Accountant.

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:27 am

Were you self-employed when you applied for you most recent Tier 1 (General) extension?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:47 pm

Yes - I am self employed as a director of company.

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:53 pm

And I was self employed at the time of my most recent extension .

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:39 am

Hi Sushedmehta, please advise.

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:23 pm

Gurus, Moderators, Do I need to provide proof of the qualifications and membership of accountant with application or accountant letter with his membership number with recognised accountancy body will suffice ? :roll:

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:49 pm

How about learning to be patient?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:43 pm

The documentary evidences you need to claim points for attributes (e.g. - previous earnings) are the same for settlement as they were for Tier 1 (General) extension.
You can verify this by reading and comparing the Tier 1 (General) policy guidance and the Tier 1 settlement policy guidance.

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:18 pm

Tier 1 policy guidance only says that accountant must be qualified and should be a member of accountancy body and it has a list of accountancy bodies recognised by home office. At the time of my extension I provided similar letter from accountant with his name address and his membership number with ICAEW, and my application was approved without any issues. However , this time SETO form says that u must provide the evidence that accountant qualification is recognised by home office. I was just wondering if similar letter that I used at the time of extension will suffice this time?

elpis
Newly Registered

Post by elpis » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:35 am

I am in the similar situation. However, I don't think my accountant will be willing to provide me copies of his certificates etc. Is it mandatory for self employed to provide the proof of accountant's qualifications with SET O? It is confusing.

Riffatshahid
Newly Registered

Post by Riffatshahid » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:40 pm

Is this true that applicants need to provide the proof of accountants qualifications and membership with recognised accountancy bodies? What applicants need to submit with their applications to prove that? I thought a simple letter from accountant with his registration number with recognised accountancy body will be enough . Please correct me if I am wrong.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:47 pm

crimson76 wrote:this time SETO form says that u must provide the evidence that accountant qualification is recognised by home office.
Where in SET(O)? Please quote ...

cochin007

Post by cochin007 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:03 pm

what i think is that the accountant will have a number to verify them and also his qualification and address so that any one can verify that. Is his registration number there in the letter?

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:05 pm

Last two lines of first paragraph on Page 37 of set o form, 'Accountants providing evidence must be appropriately regulated, and evidence of the regulation must be provided'.

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:08 pm

cochin007 wrote:what i think is that the accountant will have a number to verify them and also his qualification and address so that any one can verify that. Is his registration number there in the letter?
Yes he has given me letter with his ICAEW registration number. Will that be enough?

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:27 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
crimson76 wrote:this time SETO form says that u must provide the evidence that accountant qualification is recognised by home office.
Where in SET(O)? Please quote ...
Last two lines of first paragraph on Page 37 of set o form say, 'Accountants providing evidence must be appropriately regulated, and evidence of the regulation must be provided'.
Please advise.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:45 pm

1. Does the letter-headed paper of the accountant display his registration number (with the accounting body or bodies that he/she is a member of)?
2. Does he / she have a stamp that mentions such a registration number?

Either of the two should be sufficient, as it was for TIer 1 (General) extension.

Which body / bodies is your accountant a member of? Do you know?

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:41 pm

sushdmehta wrote:1. Does the letter-headed paper of the accountant display his registration number (with the accounting body or bodies that he/she is a member of)?
2. Does he / she have a stamp that mentions such a registration number?

Either of the two should be sufficient, as it was for TIer 1 (General) extension.

Which body / bodies is your accountant a member of? Do you know?
His letter - head has his qualification and registration number with institute of chartered accountants England and Wales.
Thanks for your help.

HarryJones

Post by HarryJones » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:27 pm

that should suffice