ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on ILR for Dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Yuko
Newly Registered

Query on ILR for Dependant

Post by Yuko » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:42 pm

Hi, I was wondering if I could get some guidance here; I was on workpemit from 2007-2012, I only recently changed to ILR (obtained this in December 2012).

My husband obtained his LTR as a dependant on my workpermit in 2012.

The condition of my work permit (non point based) allows us to apply together if we wish (it doesnt really have to be after 2 years), but he could not apply same time as me then, as he needed his passport. The question is this, now that I have my ILR and he is now ready to apply for his ILR, what form is he to use? As the SET (M) form states you must have been together for at least 2 years and the SET (O) form is for the main applicant on the workpermit.

Can someone help with this please?

shriakhilesh

Re: Query on ILR for Dependant

Post by shriakhilesh » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:35 am

Hello Gurus,

Regarding my wife's eligibity as ILR dependent.

I came to UK in Oct 2009 under tier 2 ICT visa and switched to Tier 2 General Visa through a new UK employer in Feb 2014. I complete 5 years in UK in Oct 2014 and all this time I have been working in UK (with annual leaves not more than 40 days in a year and total 90 days in all 5 years)

My current Tier 2 general Visa is valid till 2017. My wife entered UK in March 2014 as Tier 2 general dependent and her Visa is valid till 2017. What is the eligibility for her to apply for ILR dependent. What is the minimum UK stay period to be eligible for ILR dependent? Can she apply for ILR dependent with my ILR application. Also if she does not satisfy minimum UK stay period eligibilty can she remain in here present Tier 2 General dependent Visa even if I get ILR? Won't her Tier 2 general dependent visa get void as soon as I get ILR ? If the minimum UK stay eligibilty for her is 5 years, can she get extension for another 2 years on her current tier 2 general dependent Visa even when I have ILR.