ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Limited company director do I need to pay tax?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

india143
Newly Registered

Post by india143 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi Everyone,
Can someone please advise on my below query; I was sole trader in first 2 yrs. of HSMP and then currently on Tier-1 as director of limited company. I will be applying for ILR in Nov 2013; I haven’t paid taxes for all the 5 yrs. I have always filed/declared returns of my taxes, also spoken to HMRC to set-up a direct debit to pay all my taxes.

When I will apply for ILR I will still owe tax can someone please confirm what are my chances of getting ILR. Also if anyone had any similar situation please let me know.

Many thanks

OldHack
- thin ice -

Post by OldHack » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:20 pm

india143 wrote:Hi Everyone,
Can someone please advise on my below query; I was sole trader in first 2 yrs. of HSMP and then currently on Tier-1 as director of limited company. I will be applying for ILR in Nov 2013; I haven’t paid taxes for all the 5 yrs. I have always filed/declared returns of my taxes, also spoken to HMRC to set-up a direct debit to pay all my taxes.

When I will apply for ILR I will still owe tax can someone please confirm what are my chances of getting ILR. Also if anyone had any similar situation please let me know.

Many thanks
You stupid, stupid, stupid man. Do you think we do not pay tax here? Did you assume it would be free.

You have more chance of Annapurna and Gannesh getting all karma sutra with Durga than getting ILR

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:28 pm

OldHack wrote:

Many thanks
You stupid, stupid, stupid man. Do you think we do not pay tax here? Did you assume it would be free.

You have more chance of Annapurna and Gannesh getting all karma sutra with Durga than getting ILR

@Oldhack. No offensive language in these posts. Moderators please look into it.

I agree the OP is ignorant in not paying taxes. OP you have to be paying taxes for all the income you generate here regardless of whether you are applying for ILR or not. Better sort this out soon.

OldHack
- thin ice -

Post by OldHack » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:33 pm

Well, for the love of Gannesh. Indian people have been coming over here taking jobs from UK folk for a while and it grates. To see this one not even bothering to pay tax, then apply for ILR is sickening.

T1ilr

Post by T1ilr » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:50 pm

Another indophobic. Needs medical attention urgently.

T1ilr

Post by T1ilr » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:51 pm

But India143, not paying tax is totally outrageous. We tax payers look like a joke now. IMO, you should be denied ILR.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:57 pm

OldHack wrote:

Many thanks

I know you're new on the forum, but please post with respect.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:58 pm

OldHack wrote:Well, for the love of Gannesh. Indian people have been coming over here taking jobs from UK folk for a while and it grates. To see this one not even bothering to pay tax, then apply for ILR is sickening.
One more post like this and your forum membership will be closed.

Bob Shawadiwadi
BANNED

Post by Bob Shawadiwadi » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:16 pm

Many thanks
Make gift of money to offical in lieu of taxes owed, much cheapness and ILR come plenty quickly

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:19 pm

*I'm very close to locking this thread.

india143 call the HMRC and ask for advice on settling any outstanding tax.

NorthernLadUK
BANNED

Post by NorthernLadUK » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:28 pm

I don't know much about tax, but I'm down on my luck at the moment and am about to undergo some major surgery, so could do with a break. I would be more than willing to enter into an arrangement that could lead to a civil partnership if that might ease the other gent's predicament.

Bob Shawadiwadi
BANNED

Post by Bob Shawadiwadi » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:34 pm

NorthernLadUK wrote:I don't know much about tax, but I'm down on my luck at the moment and am about to undergo some major surgery, so could do with a break. I would be more than willing to enter into an arrangement that could lead to a civil partnership if that might ease the other gent's predicament.
Is this a viable approach? I have many daughters that could be used if so

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:39 pm

Casa wrote:*I'm very close to locking this thread.

india143 call the HMRC and ask for advice on settling any outstanding tax.

Please lock this thread moderator. This is getting no where.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:49 pm

india143: Ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking it. I can't believe that you were not aware of paying the taxes. I paid more than £100k just in taxes during my 5 years on HSMP/Tier-1.

NorthernLadUK
BANNED

Post by NorthernLadUK » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:50 pm

Bob Shawadiwadi wrote:
NorthernLadUK wrote:I don't know much about tax, but I'm down on my luck at the moment and am about to undergo some major surgery, so could do with a break. I would be more than willing to enter into an arrangement that could lead to a civil partnership if that might ease the other gent's predicament.
But I have a UK passport so can solve the other poster's visa problems if he can be generous with my own difficulties.

Bob Shawadiwadi
BANNED

Post by Bob Shawadiwadi » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:57 pm

NorthernLadUK wrote:
Bob Shawadiwadi wrote:
But I have a UK passport so can solve the other poster's visa problems if he can be generous with my own difficulties.
Are you sure you are cut out for this?

NorthernLadUK
BANNED

Post by NorthernLadUK » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:00 pm

Bob Shawadiwadi wrote:
NorthernLadUK wrote:
Bob Shawadiwadi wrote:
You seem like a nice gent. Are you looking for a visa and rights of entry?

Bob Shawadiwadi
BANNED

Post by Bob Shawadiwadi » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:03 pm

NorthernLadUK wrote:
Bob Shawadiwadi wrote:
NorthernLadUK wrote:
Bob Shawadiwadi wrote:
Yes lets start with the visa and then negotiate right of entry when we know each other more, my interests are films about gladiators, bleeding radiators, eating chutney with a spoon and my favorite flower is the tulip.

NorthernLadUK
BANNED

Post by NorthernLadUK » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:09 pm

Bob Shawadiwadi wrote:
NorthernLadUK wrote:
Bob Shawadiwadi wrote:
NorthernLadUK wrote:
Yes lets start with the visa and then negotiate right of entry when we know each other more, my interests are films about gladiators, bleeding radiators, eating chutney with a spoon and my favorite flower is the tulip.
When you have licked the chutney spoon, do you put it back in?

Bob Shawadiwadi
BANNED

Post by Bob Shawadiwadi » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:11 pm

NorthernLadUK wrote:
Bob Shawadiwadi wrote:
NorthernLadUK wrote:
Bob Shawadiwadi wrote:
Only when having a Pot Noodle

NorthernLadUK
BANNED

Post by NorthernLadUK » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:14 pm

Bob Shawadiwadi wrote:
NorthernLadUK wrote:
Bob Shawadiwadi wrote:
NorthernLadUK wrote:
Are you a new entrant? If so, I can see if I can grease some palms to make your first entry as painless as possible?

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:23 pm

Many thanks
Please share with me also how you got away for 5 years without paying taxes. Because even after paying full taxes many of us are now being treated like dogs by HO and Conservatives, at least if they don't give you ILR you will have the satisfaction of giving them the middle finger in return.

Bob Shawadiwadi
BANNED

Post by Bob Shawadiwadi » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:48 pm

NorthernLadUK wrote:
Bob Shawadiwadi wrote:
NorthernLadUK wrote:
Bob Shawadiwadi wrote:
Are you a new entrant? If so, I can see if I can grease some palms to make your first entry as painless as possible?
If you think I will use hands you are doing it wrong

NorthernLadUK
BANNED

Post by NorthernLadUK » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:13 pm

Bob Shawadiwadi wrote:
NorthernLadUK wrote:
Bob Shawadiwadi wrote:
NorthernLadUK wrote:
I am trying to get a mental picture of our life together. It sounds like you may be the kind of gent who would spray tulips all over our house. First I must divorce my wife, but she has been good to me. Could we keep her on as a domestic maid?

Bob Shawadiwadi
BANNED

Post by Bob Shawadiwadi » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:22 pm

NorthernLadUK wrote:
Bob Shawadiwadi wrote:
NorthernLadUK wrote:
Bob Shawadiwadi wrote:
I am trying to get a mental picture of our life together. It sounds like you may be the kind of gent who would spray tulips all over our house. First I must divorce my wife, but she has been good to me. Could we keep her on as a domestic maid?[/quote]

I am sorry, I have heard bad stories of people engaging in amorous activities with their cleaner, I cannot take the risk so for that reason I am out