ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) form and main applicant passport and BRP copies

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fasaal

SET(M) form and main applicant passport and BRP copies

Post by fasaal » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:05 pm

hiya.

can any one plz help me.

I applied for my wife ILR SET(M) form on 5th April 2014 by post and i sent my passport (all pages copies) and BRP copy only coz its mentioned on the SET(M) application form page-29

Your partner’s current passport or travel document showing that he/she is present and settled in the UK. If you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of your partner’s current passport or travel document. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blank pages.

coz i applied for her by post so i just sent my passport and BRP copies only now my friends are saying that I need to send original passport and original BRP to HO. I got her Ack letter too if i need to send originals can i send them with ref of ack letter or wait for BiO letter ?

plz any one reply ASAP. Thanks.

fasaal

Re: SET(M) form and main applicant passport and BRP copies

Post by fasaal » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:41 pm

any one plz help me in this matter

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:05 pm

Full copy of your passport and your BRP are fine for postal applications. Don't stress, if HO needs the originals, they will write to you if necessary.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:20 pm

hi
faasal there is no need to send original Passport so dont worry copies will be fine
faasal can you plz let me know that whats Visa and duration HO given to your wife as i believe that you have submitted your wife flr M application with your ILR application and was approved.
i just want to know as i have applied same like you on same date and i have got my ILR two weeks back but i am still waiting for my wife flr M application.
if you just let me know so i could understand
thanks

fasaal

Post by fasaal » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm

thank u very much both of u.

miangee she got 2 years spouse visa coz she joined me in 2010.

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:06 pm

Hi fasaal,

I got ILR and I want to apply for my wife with set(m).
if you don't mind, could you help me on SET(M) application filling for below questions.

Section 2A:
Has your partner previously been sponsored as a partner of a settled person?
Yes or No
Your partner’s Home Office reference (if they have one)
What shall I tick here? I've sponsored first time for my wife before she come to uk.

Section 3:Do I need fill this section?
Section 6: Questions 13, 14, 15, 16
Do I need to fill these questions in this section

Section 9:
9.12. Please state what ties you have with;
Do wife need to fill this question?

Section 11B:Do I need to fill this section?
Thanks in advance.

fasaal wrote:hiya.

can any one plz help me.

I applied for my wife ILR SET(M) form on 5th April 2014 by post and i sent my passport (all pages copies) and BRP copy only coz its mentioned on the SET(M) application form page-29

Your partner’s current passport or travel document showing that he/she is present and settled in the UK. If you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of your partner’s current passport or travel document. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blank pages.

coz i applied for her by post so i just sent my passport and BRP copies only now my friends are saying that I need to send original passport and original BRP to HO. I got her Ack letter too if i need to send originals can i send them with ref of ack letter or wait for BiO letter ?

Surya

fasaal

Post by fasaal » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:06 am

suryavaddi wrote:Hi fasaal,

if you don't mind, could you help me on SET(M) application filling for below questions.

Section 2A:
Yes or No

What shall I tick here? I've sponsored first time for my wife before she come to uk.

u need to tick no here

give ur ILR letter HO Ref no

if u hve any children give details in section 3. if u don't hv any children then tick no to 3.1 , 3.2 and 3.3 and move to next section

i think she must be more then 16 yrs old if she is then tick 16 years old and more and move to question no 17

Section 9:

friends and families

no need to fill this section coz its only for unmarried and same-sex partner.

can any one plz help me.

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:33 am

Hi fasaal,

Thank you very much for your reply and help for my queries.
yes I got baby boy which he was born in uk then applied to naturalization and received British citizen certificate as well yesterday.

I think this section if any children applying for ILR including main applicant then need to fill otherwise no need but if we mention in question 3.9 that he is British citizen with details then its reasonable (I assume, if I'm not right, please advise).

fasaal wrote:
suryavaddi wrote:Hi fasaal,

Section 2A:
Yes or No

u need to tick no here

give ur ILR letter HO Ref no

if u hve any children give details in section 3. if u don't hv any children then tick no to 3.1 , 3.2 and 3.3 and move to next section

i think she must be more then 16 yrs old if she is then tick 16 years old and more and move to question no 17

Section 9:

friends and families

no need to fill this section coz its only for unmarried and same-sex partner.

can any one plz help me.

Surya

fasaal

Post by fasaal » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:41 am

[quote="suryavaddi"]Hi fasaal,

Thank you very much for your reply and help for my queries.
yes I got baby boy which he was born in uk then applied to naturalization and received British citizen certificate as well yesterday.

I think this section if any children applying for ILR including main applicant then need to fill otherwise no need but if we mention in question 3.9 that he is British citizen with details then its reasonable (I assume, if I'm not right, please advise).

hiya.

sorry i hv no idea abt it coz i hv no children. some one else may help u in this matter.