ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M) success at Croydon - Without FLR-M

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gunda1975
Newly Registered

SET (M) success at Croydon - Without FLR-M

Post by gunda1975 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:32 pm

Deal Friends,

I have something to share with you all regarding the success of (Spouse Application without FLR-M). I hope you will fill find helpful if your case is similar to mine. Please read below the facts.

I have received my ILR on the basis of 10 years long residency this April, 2013. I was on student visa and then changed to Tier-1 General in March, 2009. I got my last extension of Tier-1 General last year May, 2012 until May, 2014.

My wife is my dependant since September, 2003 as a student dependant and then PBS dependant from March, 2009 to date. She did stay as my dependant around 9 years and 9 months.

I was advised that I should first make FLR-M for her and then SET-M as I was given ILR on the basis of 10 years long residency.

Today, the 11th July at 1:40pm I have my PEO appointment at Croydon. Me and My wife went around 1:pm and done our security check. We then handed out our SET-O application in the ground floor and the man checked the appointment in his system and asked us to make the payment in third floor. We did make the payment and then later we are directed to see another person to register our form. He checked the form and was little bit confused that we did ticked (Other Category) and he don’t know where to enter in his system. He said he will check inside with some personnel’s. He took some 5 minutes and apologised to keep us wait. He entered in his system and asked us what documents you have to support the application form. We have given
1. Covering Letter
2. Marriage Certificate
3. 6 Months Payslips (both)
4. 6 Months Bank Statements (both)
5. Passports (both) with BRP CARDS
6. Life in the UK Certificate
7. UKNARIC Certificate (along with degree certificate issued in India)
8. 2 Years Cohabitation Certificates

The man got everything in a envelope and directed to hand this to Biometric personel. Done our Biometric and the lady asked us to wait in the café. This all process took nearly 30 minutes. We waited around 2 hours and our number displayed to collection point. Approved…

Hope this info will be useful to some friends who are in need.

Thank you all, for all the support I earned in this form.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:42 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:59 pm

Well it seems that it's a toss of a coin what the caseworker will accept. Remember at peo appointments the caseworker is aiming to make a same day decision so sometimes they may make mistakes.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

loveworld

Post by loveworld » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:46 pm

CONGRATULATION
=========================

My Advise is only personal view it cannot be taken as substitute of solicitor or any professional .

mhossan1
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success at Croydon - Without FLR-M and SET-M

Post by mhossan1 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:34 am

gunda1975 wrote:Deal Friends,

I have something to share with you all regarding the success of (Spouse Application without FLR-M). I hope you will fill find helpful if your case is similar to mine. Please read below the facts.

I have received my ILR on the basis of 10 years long residency this April, 2013. I was on student visa and then changed to Tier-1 General in March, 2009. I got my last extension of Tier-1 General last year May, 2012 until May, 2014.

My wife is my dependant since September, 2003 as a student dependant and then PBS dependant from March, 2009 to date. She did stay as my dependant around 9 years and 9 months.

I was advised that I should first make FLR-M for her and then SET-M as I was given ILR on the basis of 10 years long residency.

Today, the 11th July at 1:40pm I have my PEO appointment at Croydon. Me and My wife went around 1:pm and done our security check. We then handed out our SET-O application in the ground floor and the man checked the appointment in his system and asked us to make the payment in third floor. We did make the payment and then later we are directed to see another person to register our form. He checked the form and was little bit confused that we did ticked (Other Category) and he don’t know where to enter in his system. He said he will check inside with some personnel’s. He took some 5 minutes and apologised to keep us wait. He entered in his system and asked us what documents you have to support the application form. We have given
1. Covering Letter
2. Marriage Certificate

The man got everything in a envelope and directed to hand this to Biometric personel. Done our Biometric and the lady asked us to wait in the café. This all process took nearly 30 minutes. We waited around 2 hours and our number displayed to collection point. Approved…

hi what you had to include in the cover letter for set o application? i m in the same boat. many thanks

nadeem toheed

Re: ILR Success at Croydon - Without FLR-M and SET-M

Post by nadeem toheed » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:37 am

gunda1975 wrote:Deal Friends,

1. Covering Letter
2. Marriage Certificate

Hello to all senior members,
First apologies if it looks repeats as i meet one solicitor yesterday and he make me confuse, Hers is my short story,
I got ILR on ten years in this July and my wife came in UK march 2006 as on student dependent and now she got PSW dependent visa until 31st July 2014,
I got an appointment with Croydon HO at 2nd Sept for her FLR(M) documents
Can i "try" to apply on set(M) form as i will keep both the two forms on the appointment date ?
If yes , what should i mention in my covering letter like reference of 287 (a) (i) (d) , is that okay or
Any more suggestion please
Thanks in Advance

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:14 pm

You can try it but you should have both forms completed and supporting documents ready. You could just say that your spouse has had 2+ years as a PBS dep thus can they apply 287(a)(i)(d) and allow an application for set(m) without flr(m), expect to complete flr(m) and if not, bonus.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

nadeem toheed

Post by nadeem toheed » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:02 pm

D4109125 wrote:You can try it but you should have both forms completed and supporting documents ready. You could just say that your spouse has had 2+ years as a PBS dep thus can they apply 287(a)(i)(d) and allow an application for set(m) without flr(m), expect to complete flr(m) and if not, bonus.
Great gelp, Thanks