ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) FORM PLEASE HELP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vishal123

SET(O) FORM PLEASE HELP

Post by vishal123 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:08 pm

Dear all senior members I am so frustrated please help.

for my ILR I was looking at form section 6, I am on tier 1 general.it says to provide evidence of my absence from uk.

I have been absent from UK in 2009 for 30 days that time I was on PSW visa, then I went again for 30 days in 2011 and again 30 days in 2012 that time I was under Tier 1 general. on form it says to provide evidence from employer eg letter. unfortunately I have lost it.

what should I do. I just don't understand can they see the stamp on my passport.

please advise me what to do.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET(O) FORM PLEASE HELP

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:18 pm

Time on PSW is irrelevant as it does not count for ILR based on 5 years residence.

Do you still work for the employer? Can you get another letter?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:23 pm

Don't worry, letters are not required.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vishal123

Post by vishal123 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:53 am

Dear char I left that employer but I am back with them now.I will call HR tomorrow to find about it.but my question is I am on tier 1 general & I went for holiday back home.how will company know where I am going?
But as you said I will try to get letter.can you please let me know what should be written in letter.
Please help

vishal123

Post by vishal123 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:59 am

Dear char&Amber I am bit confused I got two different suggestions from both of you.can both of you please let me know what to do.so should I fill section 6 where it says about absence from UK but in following subsection it says how will you prove. Please reply.many thanks to both of you.

kanswam

Post by kanswam » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:28 am

Vishal123
Based on my experience, if your cumulative total is less than what is allowed. Then simply state that and don't try to explain. Everyone knows that there are situations where you have to travel.

I simply all my entries and exits with a simple "Personal" or "Work related". I didn't present any evidence to support either version. I wouldn't worry about getting letter from employers. I think it is only needed for Tier 2 applicants, if I am not wrong.

As a Tier1 General migrant, you are your own man in control of your destiny. So to say.

Hope that helps

kanswam

Post by kanswam » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:30 am

Vishal
here is copy and paste of my letter to support my absences -

Dear Sir/Madam
In the 5 years starting from October 2010 until October 2015, I have been out of the UK for a cumulative total of xxx days. Most of these trips were of a personal nature interspersed with short trips relating to work.
Even with the above travels outside the UK, my family and livelihood has been in the United Kingdom since we relocated here in October 2010.

Kindly let me know if you require further clarifications.
Regards

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:24 am

People have statutory holiday entitlement. If absences are brief don't be concerned about letters.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.