ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (O) ILR application with Ancestry visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chelsea_arv
Newly Registered

SET (O) ILR application with Ancestry visa

Post by chelsea_arv » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:43 pm

Has anybody applied by post for ILR with an Ancestry Visa and if so how long did it take to get an answer? Is it a quicker process as all we need to prove is ancestry, therefore there is not as much paperwork to look through and confirm?

Any advice would help.

Chelsea

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET (O) ILR application with Ancestry visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:45 pm

It can take up to 6 months, sometimes longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

NickTheKiwi

Post by NickTheKiwi » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:29 pm

Hi Chelsea,

My partner and I both recently applied for ILR under ancestry category after spending 5 years here in the UK. It seems that it is dependent on how busy things are in general, rather than what category of SET (O) you've applied under. Our applications were received 3 weeks ago today but we are yet to receive acknowledgement, for example. So although our applications may be very straight forward and well presented, they are still processed when others ahead are finished. That's just my observation so far. A friend of mine applied last year under same category and it took around 10 weeks. I think that would be very optimistic at present, reading other threads on this forum.

Nick

chelsea_arv
Newly Registered

Post by chelsea_arv » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:39 am

NickTheKiwi wrote:Hi Chelsea,

My partner and I both recently applied for ILR under ancestry category after spending 5 years here in the UK. It seems that it is dependent on how busy things are in general, rather than what category of SET (O) you've applied under. Our applications were received 3 weeks ago today but we are yet to receive acknowledgement, for example. So although our applications may be very straight forward and well presented, they are still processed when others ahead are finished. That's just my observation so far. A friend of mine applied last year under same category and it took around 10 weeks. I think that would be very optimistic at present, reading other threads on this forum.

Nick

Thanks Nick,

I have also been reading threads and was worried but couldnt find ancestry threads so thought maybe we were a minority of easy going applicants :D

good luck and hope you get your acknowledgment letter etc. soon...we haven't received ours yet either!

chelsea_arv
Newly Registered

Post by chelsea_arv » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:43 am

CR001 wrote:It can take up to 6 months, sometimes longer.

I think I'll go mad if it does!!!!! :D :D :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:11 pm

I did all my extension and ILR applications in person for a same day decision. The extra fee was worth it and I planned for it. To be without your passport and documents for so many months would have been horrible for me.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

NickTheKiwi

Post by NickTheKiwi » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:27 pm

I'm beginning to wish we had also gone for the extra premium. Not because we need the passports and documents, etc (saving for big holiday as a reward while we wait) but because we still haven't received any acknowledgement at all. My partner is being chased at work for it but my work hasn't asked a thing. Special delivery was signed for 21st June. If they only allow you to apply within 28 days of visa expiry then I think they should be a bit more on to it with sending you a confirmation letter so you can show your employer you aren't here illegally!

chelsea_arv
Newly Registered

Post by chelsea_arv » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:50 am

NickTheKiwi wrote:I'm beginning to wish we had also gone for the extra premium. Not because we need the passports and documents, etc (saving for big holiday as a reward while we wait) but because we still haven't received any acknowledgement at all. My partner is being chased at work for it but my work hasn't asked a thing. Special delivery was signed for 21st June. If they only allow you to apply within 28 days of visa expiry then I think they should be a bit more on to it with sending you a confirmation letter so you can show your employer you aren't here illegally!

We have just received our email and Biometrics Enrolment letter, over a month after applying. We might just give it until end of September then go with the Upgrade to have the process sped up. We want to go home in Dec so we cant wait 6 months!!!!

Good luck!!!!!

chelsea_arv
Newly Registered

Post by chelsea_arv » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:58 am

NickTheKiwi wrote:I'm beginning to wish we had also gone for the extra premium. Not because we need the passports and documents, etc (saving for big holiday as a reward while we wait) but because we still haven't received any acknowledgement at all. My partner is being chased at work for it but my work hasn't asked a thing. Special delivery was signed for 21st June. If they only allow you to apply within 28 days of visa expiry then I think they should be a bit more on to it with sending you a confirmation letter so you can show your employer you aren't here illegally!

Any news????