ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

destiny2014

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by destiny2014 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:30 am

Dont worry,Dave! I dont think they have lost your
documents . You‘re in March Club like asazi. He/She just got the ilr.Probably,you‘ll receive yours soon.However,from our research,forum friends with similar applying dates dont necessarily receive ilr in those similar days.

If contacting them can make you feel better,you just have a try.But I‘m sure they‘ll say dont ring them until you‘ve waited for more that 6 months without getting the outcome.

Best wishes for us all! Hopefully more and more friends join so we can get better clues!

DaveSE19
Newly Registered

Post by DaveSE19 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:03 am

destiny2014 wrote:Dont worry,Dave! I dont think they have lost your
documents . You‘re in March Club like asazi. He/She just got the ilr.Probably,you‘ll receive yours soon.However,from our research,forum friends with similar applying dates dont necessarily receive ilr in those similar days.

If contacting them can make you feel better,you just have a try.But I‘m sure they‘ll say dont ring them until you‘ve waited for more that 6 months without getting the outcome.

Best wishes for us all! Hopefully more and more friends join so we can get better clues!

Thanks my friend. I will keep you updated here if there is any change in my status.

Cheers

destiny2014

Post by destiny2014 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:12 pm

You‘re welcome,Dave! That sounds quite nice.God bless us all! We‘ll get there sooner or later.

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:23 pm

Hi Guys

I would like to share my wife's timeline which is as follows;

Application Sent: 10 July 2014
Application Received by UKBA: 11 July 2014
Biometric Letter Received: N/a
Enrolled Biometrics: N/a
Approval Letter Received: N/a
BRP Card Received: N/a

Now the agony of waiting begins

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:41 pm

destiny2014 wrote:It has been quiet so long here. Guys please make your contributions and share your information no matter good or bad. I feel quite lonely here.
Hi destiny2014

I know two people who sent their applications around November 2013, 1 received ILR about a moth ago and the other is still waiting.
Two others applied towards the end of January 2014 and both received mid to end of May 2014. You cannot tell with the UKBA

DaveSE19
Newly Registered

Post by DaveSE19 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:48 pm

Hwima wrote:
destiny2014 wrote:It has been quiet so long here. Guys please make your contributions and share your information no matter good or bad. I feel quite lonely here.
Hi destiny2014

I know two people who sent their applications around November 2013, 1 received ILR about a moth ago and the other is still waiting.
Two others applied towards the end of January 2014 and both received mid to end of May 2014. You cannot tell with the UKBA
What UKBA is doing is inhuman. They have absolutely no respect for people's lifetime being wasted for a stupid application form.

I need to undergo an open heart surgery which prevents me to travel for at least 6 months. I need to travel now and see my parents before this surgery. And right now after 4 months and 2 weeks I haven't heard anything back from them yet.

Best of luck for everyone,

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:09 pm

DaveSE19 wrote:Hi everyone,

I have applied for IRL SET (Protection) Route and after 17 weeks I haven't got my ILR.

My details are:

Application 8 March 2014
Reply with biometric letter 19 March 2014
Biometrics done and sent same day 20 March 2014

Now it's 9th June (over 4 months) and I'm starting to get worried that they might have lost my documents.

What do you suggest? Is 4 months normal? Or should I contact them?

Thanks,

Dave
Hi DaveSE19

I understand these are very frustrating times but with the UKBA patience is what you will need a tonne load of. I had an application under the 10 year long residency rule which took 11 months before I got a response. When they eventually declined my application I had written their boss to complain and the MP was also chasing at the same time. In fact it was expedited, imagine.

Now, don't take the delay as indicative that something is not quite right as they made a rightful decision at the time and I didn't even challenge them. The majority of applicants who waited longer were almost all granted ILR. Instead, consider that these cases are moved around at times due to sickness, staff leaving, annual leave etc and this may sometimes result in the file constantly being moved to the bottom of the pile (that is my opinion).

I wish you all well and will constantly keep an eye on the thread and update accordingly.

Happy waiting guys

Asazi
Newly Registered

Post by Asazi » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:01 pm

As stated in an earlier post, my approval letter arrrived on the 7th, dated 3 July. I am supposed to receive the BRP within 7-10 days but it is not here. They have no phone number, just an email. I email everyday with no response. DX must be fed up of my calls by now. I know it's better than nothing but everyone seemed to get both on the same day or next day so I think this shows that there are serious delays at the home office. Unfortunately, the letter is not enough to process most things or even a travel document. The only plus is knowing my status :x

Good luck to all.

destiny2014

Post by destiny2014 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:41 pm

DaveS[quote][/quote]E19 wrote:
Hwima wrote:
Hi destiny2014

What UKBA is doing is inhuman. They have absolutely no respect for people's lifetime being wasted for a stupid application form.

I need to undergo an open heart surgery which prevents me to travel for at least 6 months. I need to travel now and see my parents before this surgery. And right now after 4 months and 2 weeks I haven't heard anything back from them yet.

Hwima,welcome you in! Dave,sorry to hear that you need
a surgery. Happy to see that this thread is getting lively again.Hwima‘s information is very valuable.That‘s why [quoteI called on more friends to join as we all can benefit from each other‘s information.But anyway, like Hwima I‘m quite optimistic. I do think everyone will get his ilr in the end.ABest wishes for us all!

destiny2014

Post by destiny2014 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:42 pm

DaveS[quote][/quote]E19 wrote:
Hwima wrote:
Hi destiny2014

Hwima,welcome you in! Dave,sorry to hear that you need
a surgery. Happy to see that this thread is getting lively again.Hwima‘s information is very valuable.That‘s why [quoteI called on more friends to join as we all can benefit from each other‘s information.But anyway, like Hwima I‘m quite optimistic. I do think everyone will get his ilr in the end.ABest wishes for us all!

sacomma
Newly Registered

Post by sacomma » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:16 pm

Hie guys,

Just wanted to share my timeline as this forum kept me company during my waiting time.

Application Sent 17 March 2014
Received 19 March 2014
Biometric Letter received 27 March 2014 ( Letter dated 22 March 2013)
Biometric done 28 March 2014
ILR Letter received 19 July 2014
BRC still waiting

destiny2014

Post by destiny2014 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:06 pm

Congrats,sacomma! Thank you for your timeline.You waited for four months.Good luck for your next step!

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:52 pm

sacomma wrote:Hie guys,

Just wanted to share my timeline as this forum kept me company during my waiting time.

Received 19 March 2014
BRC still waiting
Congrats Sacomma. Wish you all the best

DaveSE19
Newly Registered

Post by DaveSE19 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:14 pm

Received 19 March 2014
BRC still waiting
Congratulations Sacomma. I've sent it 9 days before you (8th March) and still haven't got it. Hopefully it will be soon :)

destiny2014

Post by destiny2014 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:46 pm

DaveSE19 wrote:

Received 19 March 2014
BRC still waiting
Congratulations Sacomma. I've sent it 9 days before you (8th March) and still haven't got it. Hopefully it will be soon :)

Poor Dave,dont worry! It‘ll be your turn soon.Anyway,be optimistic

Asazi
Newly Registered

Post by Asazi » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:07 pm

Hello all. Quick update. My BRP arrived today. I know people are waiting for their approval letters but I felt that it may be helpful for you not to worry if the BRP card has not arrived at the same time.

Application 4 March
Reply with biometric letter 15 March
Biometrics done and sent same day 15 March
ILR approval letter 7 July
Approval date on letter 3 July
BRP issue date 17 July
BRP delivery 22 July

I trully hope this is not the norm because waiting for the BRP was not nice especially when at times I thought perhaps the letter had been issued by mistake :shock:

Good luck all. Your day is coming too. All will be well :D

destiny2014

Post by destiny2014 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:53 pm

Congrats,Asazi! Eventually,your brp turns up.It seems that
recently 4 months or so is the common waiting time.Good
luck,everyone!

waitingpatiently
Newly Registered

Post by waitingpatiently » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:53 am

Hi everyone

I am club July 2014. HO received my application 30 June 2014. To date, 3 weeks plus 3days not acknowldgement or biometric request. I am happy to wait as long as it takes only problem is that my employer has suspended me temporarily and only require acknowldgemnet or biometric letters for me resume employment while I wait for ILR. Has anyone else had this problem?

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:56 pm

waitingpatiently wrote:Hi everyone

I am club July 2014. HO received my application 30 June 2014. To date, 3 weeks plus 3days not acknowldgement or biometric request. I am happy to wait as long as it takes only problem is that my employer has suspended me temporarily and only require acknowldgemnet or biometric letters for me resume employment while I wait for ILR. Has anyone else had this problem?
Hi waitingpatiently

Harsh! I think your employer is not treating you fairly. Please see this thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 12035.html . My employer used the UKBA Employee checking service last year. The certificate the UKBA issues is valid for a year and the employers can apply for another one if your application hasn't been completed if that one expires. If I were you I would speak to your HR immediately and advise them to check on the UKBA website for what they need to do. It's not a complicated system I'm told and they may genuinely not know about it.

Regards

waitingpatiently
Newly Registered

Post by waitingpatiently » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:23 pm

Hi Hwima

Thank you for a prompt reply. Well i called around at the home office and to my dismay my application does not appear at all on their system. The worst thing is that I did not keep my post office slip with the tracking number as proof of postage no idea what came over me. So now i obviously cannot get a positive employer check. Now my problem just got bigger because it will appear as if my application was an in time one. At this stage I am not sure what to do. I have been told that someone will physically look for it i will find out early next week if they found it. My application was made June 28 and its still not on the system!!!!!

Waiting to hear any advice or feedback thankyou in advance

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:10 am

waitingpatiently wrote:Hi Hwima

Thank you for a prompt reply. Well i called around at the home office and to my dismay my application does not appear at all on their system. The worst thing is that I did not keep my post office slip with the tracking number as proof of postage no idea what came over me. So now i obviously cannot get a positive employer check. Now my problem just got bigger because it will appear as if my application was an in time one. At this stage I am not sure what to do. I have been told that someone will physically look for it i will find out early next week if they found it. My application was made June 28 and its still not on the system!!!!!

Waiting to hear any advice or feedback thankyou in advance
Hi waitingpatiently

I'm not sure what else you could do at this point in time but wait. Just like you we haven't received the acknowledgement letter but we know the package was delivered the following day. Should we get something before you as there was a 2 week gap in posting the 2 applications, I suggest you ask the post office to help by checking their transaction records for that day. I'm sure they can look into it but because the task will be cumbersome they may not be forthcoming.

Once the UKBA have opened the packages and fed into their system it won't be long before we get the acknowledgement notices. :)

Good luck

destiny2014

Post by destiny2014 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:12 pm

Oh dear,waitingpatiently! You were so careless and
didnt take your application seriously.How could you not keep the receipt well? How are things going now? God bless you!

destiny2014

Post by destiny2014 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:16 pm

Waitingpatiently
Oh,I see! But why didnt you check online the next day.

aminy
Newly Registered

Post by aminy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:54 am

Hi all;
Anyone recieved ilr who applied in april?
Thanks

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:06 pm

Hi people! Quick update:

Application Sent: 10 July 2014
Application Received by UKBA: 11 July 2014
Biometric Letter Dated: 31 July 2014
Biometric Letter Received: 04 August 2014
Enrolled Biometrics: 05 August 2014