ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Hwima » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:18 pm

Scar_Face wrote:Thanx - Back in that feeling of always looking out for the post !
The best approach is not thinking of it at all. I've physically felt sick in the past. It can be draining mentally as well. Easier said ey! Why do I check the thread every other day and I'm not even the applicant???? 8)

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi people! It's gone quiet again. I guess nothing significant has happened since destiny2014 but soon we will have 2-3 responses basing on the timelines so hold on tight.

Aida
Newly Registered

Post by Aida » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:11 pm

Hi,

My name is Aida. I am really happy to have found this forum. I have applied for ILR via Set P on the 19th of August and received acknowledgement and BRP on the 28th. After that I have not heard anything at all. I have called the Home Office and they said they were processing applications from June :( .

destiny2014

Post by destiny2014 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:35 pm

Hwima wrote:Hi people! It's gone quiet again. I guess nothing significant has happened since destiny2014 but soon we will have 2-3 responses basing on the timelines so hold on tight.
Hi,I‘m still with you all. How time flies! Hwima,soon it‘ll be your wife‘s turn. No news from dgal. Dgal must be very anxious now. Good luck to all the forum friends!

destiny2014

Post by destiny2014 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:48 pm

Aida wrote:Hi,

My name is Aida. I am really happy to have found this forum. I have applied for ILR via Set P on the 19th of August and received acknowledgement and BRP on the 28th. After that I have not heard anything at all. I have called the Home Office and they said they were processing applications from June :( .
That‘s right! So you can see current waiting time is 4 months or so.

Lion2014
Newly Registered

Post by Lion2014 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been checking this post for more then a year now and finally decided to share my timeline.

Application Sent: 25 October 2013- Set (P) Route
Application Received by UKBA: 16 October 2013
Biometric Letter Received: 20 Dec 2013
Enrolled Biometrics: 21 Dec 2013
Approval Letter Received: God knows
BRP Card Received: God knows

The anniversary of my application would be in 8 days only :( since enrolling for Biometrics and after chasing up my application many times directly with UKBA and through my local MP I've been given a time frame by UKBA for end of August and again end of September for a decision but yet to receive a decision.

Sorry guys didn't meant to scare you, but just to put you in picture that some people waiting time is a year or even more. I didn't see anyone yet who have waited same as me.

What should I do? Probably nothing I can do!

Aida
Newly Registered

Post by Aida » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:44 am

Hi Lion,

I am so sorry to hear that. Do you have any criminal convictions? Is yours a straight forward application? Did they give you an explanation on why it is taking so long?

Aida

Aida
Newly Registered

Post by Aida » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:53 am

destiny2014 wrote:

Hi Destiny,

As you have been in this situation you might be able to help me. My employer has given me 4 more weeks to provide the visa. If I fail doing so they might terminate my contract.

What can I do to avoid this from happening?

Many Thanks
Aida

destiny2014

Post by destiny2014 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:26 pm

Hi,Aida! As far as I know, as long as your case is still
pending your status stays. But for some details,you may ask Hwima.Hwima might know what to do.Sorry about that
as my situation is different from yours!

destiny2014

Post by destiny2014 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:37 pm

Lion2014,sorry to hear your story! I know someone
has waited for 2 years and they are still waiting.Dont know what‘s wrong with their case and yours. :-(

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:07 am

destiny2014 wrote:
Hwima wrote:Hi people! It's gone quiet again. I guess nothing significant has happened since destiny2014 but soon we will have 2-3 responses basing on the timelines so hold on tight.
Hi,I‘m still with you all. How time flies! Hwima,soon it‘ll be your wife‘s turn. No news from dgal. Dgal must be very anxious now. Good luck to all the forum friends!
Thanks for hanging about as most people just disappear once they are sorted. The bells haven't started ringing yet as we have mid November as the time they will return with a decision. We welcome your support always.

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:16 am

Welcome Aida. I hope all our experiences are shedding some light on how the HO is managing cases. Going by everyone's stories I think you get yours just before Xmas but the HO works in strange ways and it could happen sooner.

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:27 am

Lion2014 wrote:Hi everyone,

I've been checking this post for more then a year now and finally decided to share my timeline.

Application Sent: 25 October 2013- Set (P) Route
Application Received by UKBA: 16 October 2013
Biometric Letter Received: 20 Dec 2013
Enrolled Biometrics: 21 Dec 2013
Approval Letter Received: God knows
BRP Card Received: God knows

The anniversary of my application would be in 8 days only :( since enrolling for Biometrics and after chasing up my application many times directly with UKBA and through my local MP I've been given a time frame by UKBA for end of August and again end of September for a decision but yet to receive a decision.

Sorry guys didn't meant to scare you, but just to put you in picture that some people waiting time is a year or even more. I didn't see anyone yet who have waited same as me.

What should I do? Probably nothing I can do!
Hi lion2014. Indeed your treatment by the HO is diabolical. I waited almost a year in 2012-13 and the thought of that happening again is depressing. Once the application is in their system there is little we can do but I wonder if your MP has really done all they can to speed things up. Anyhow you are not alone as a friend of ours has been waiting 11 months.

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:48 am

Aida wrote:
destiny2014 wrote:

Hi Destiny,

As you have been in this situation you might be able to help me. My employer has given me 4 more weeks to provide the visa. If I fail doing so they might terminate my contract.

What can I do to avoid this from happening?

Many Thanks
Aida
Hi Aida. A lot of HR people aren't knowledgeable with the workings of the HO. You have to take the initiative to print the information or give them the link to the HO website and they will find what they need to do.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ht-to-work
You have your rights and it remains as such because you are not in breach of any immigration or working regulations. If they do anything silly you will have to challenge them. The service is available and your responsibility was to apply for your extension, now theirs is to check with the HO and follow guidelines. Until a decision is made no matter how long it takes you have your rights and employers cannot make their own rules on that.

Aida
Newly Registered

Post by Aida » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi Hwima,

Thank yo so much for your prompt reply. I will indeed try to educate my HR department. It is very sad that the HO works at this pace. The ILR is fundamental for education and work, two aspects of life that determine and influence the integration of an individual . It is so hard to be suspended like this and not knowing the outcome at all.

I must say that the waiting is depressing me, and it gets harder day after day.

Aida

Scar_Face
Newly Registered

Post by Scar_Face » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:11 pm

Hi Guys Analysis Time :-

Majority of cases are taking appox. 4 months, 1or 2 chaps got theirs in 2 months (from history of this log).
Afew folks waiting more than a year. Guys to help each other lets :-

1) Tell The Truth of Immigration history
2) Home Country Orrigin - Being protected From
3) Is it single/multiple application
4) Previous Illegal Immigration History
5) Criminal History - If any
6) Marriage & Ties to the U.K. now - social/economic

Do you think this will help ? So that e can find out what is the hold up or why some cases are speeded up?

Masi75
Newly Registered

Post by Masi75 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:56 am

From Zimbabwe dependent 1 my son, no criminal record, I am a registered nurse
Application sent 26/06/14
Biometrics letter received 5/07/14 and enrolled same day
And up to now still waiting :| :| :|

Scar_Face
Newly Registered

Post by Scar_Face » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:05 pm

Masi75 wrote:From Zimbabwe dependent 1 my son, no criminal record, I am a registered nurse
Application sent 26/06/14
Biometrics letter received 5/07/14 and enrolled same day
And up to now still waiting :| :| :|
Hi Masi the average we dealing with is 4 months & apparently someone previously in this forum (check for yourself) said they phoned home office & they were told that they are dealing with June 2014 cases (which applies to you, but you were nearer July), therefore l think you should be receiving yours between 26/10/2014 - 26/11/2014, according to Time scales so far. Keep praying in faith, it is done.

Blessedd
Newly Registered

Post by Blessedd » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:04 pm

HI MASI
MINE IS
ZIMBABWEAN SINGLE APPLICANT
26/06/14 BIOMATRICS
STILL WAITING TOO HANG IN THERE IM SURE ANYTIME NOW.WILL POST AS SOON AS I GET MY OUTCOME GUYS!!

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:11 pm

Hi all
I urge you not to despair. These are hard times and government cuts being rolled out across the public sector are impacting on services. Fortunately for us we are still waiting but I'd like to think there are some not so lucky, who are now without jobs in these government departments. The remaining ones working on our cases may be burdened with massive workloads and perhaps not copying with pressure. The general election in a few months isn't helping either, with the government desperate to keep the lid on immigration boiling pot. It is a struggle but we will rip the fruit at some point no matter how long.

dgal
Newly Registered

Post by dgal » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:29 pm

I feel defeated!!!!!!

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:25 am

dgal wrote:I feel defeated!!!!!!
Hi dgal. Is there a reason why you're feeling that way other than the waiting taking its toll? Hope you'll get the knock that will make you feel much better in the coming days/weeks. It's getting closer

Scar_Face
Newly Registered

Post by Scar_Face » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:41 pm

Hwima wrote:Hi all
I urge you not to despair. These are hard times and government cuts being rolled out across the public sector are impacting on services. Fortunately for us we are still waiting but I'd like to think there are some not so lucky, who are now without jobs in these government departments. The remaining ones working on our cases may be burdened with massive workloads and perhaps not copying with pressure. The general election in a few months isn't helping either, with the government desperate to keep the lid on immigration boiling pot. It is a struggle but we will rip the fruit at some point no matter how long.
GOOD NEWS - Moving the Chains !!! received & enrolled my Biometrics today
Application Sent: 15 Sept 2014 - Set (P) Route
Application Received by UKBA: 17 Sept 2014
Biometric Letter Received: 23 Oct 2014
Enrolled Biometrics: 24 Oct 2014
Approval Letter Received: ---
BRP Card Received: ---

Masi75
Newly Registered

Post by Masi75 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:45 pm

Hallo people
Blessedd your ilr is coming next week a friend of mine got hers today she submitted on the 16th of June with 3 dependants
So my eyes are on you because I know mine will be next :D :D keep us posted

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:53 am

Scar_Face wrote:
Hwima wrote:Hi all
GOOD NEWS - Moving the Chains !!! received & enrolled my Biometrics today
Application Sent: 15 Sept 2014 - Set (P) Route
Application Received by UKBA: 17 Sept 2014
Biometric Letter Received: 23 Oct 2014
Enrolled Biometrics: 24 Oct 2014
Approval Letter Received: ---
BRP Card Received: ---
Good news indeed. Moving up the order. Hope things will speed up for you from now on.