ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anais34
Newly Registered

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by anais34 » Fri May 22, 2015 3:13 pm

anais34 wrote:
trace.willington wrote:I thought I will get approval letter first.

But Biometric card turned up today. I am over the moon !!!!!
It only took about 2 months and 2 weeks for me.
Hope everyone in this blog get it soon.

Application Sent: 6/march/ 2015- Set (P) Route
Application Received by UKBA: 7,march, 2015
Biometric Letter Received: 16, march, 2015 ( dated 12, march)
Enrolled Biometrics: 17, march, 2015
Approval Letter Received: waiting
BRP Card Received: 22 May

Hi trace Willington

Like u man and congratulations so the waiting time is over for you

I wish same Like to all how waiting and me ...

piri
Newly Registered

Post by piri » Fri May 22, 2015 8:18 pm

trace.willington wrote:I thought I will get approval letter first.

But Biometric card turned up today. I am over the moon !!!!!
It only took about 2 months and 2 weeks for me.
Hope everyone in this blog get it soon.

Application Sent: 6/march/ 2015- Set (P) Route
Application Received by UKBA: 7,march, 2015
Biometric Letter Received: 16, march, 2015 ( dated 12, march)
Enrolled Biometrics: 17, march, 2015
Approval Letter Received: waiting
BRP Card Received: 22 May

hi trace congrats, u got urs quick like me aswell well done, it seems like they speeding up on the process now

hope everyone still waiting get theirs soon aswel

Melak

Post by Melak » Sun May 24, 2015 11:30 am

Wow congratulations Trace!!!Enjoy the freedom

Melak

Post by Melak » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:12 am

This waiting is become very stressful for me!!! Is anyone apply in January not yet got ilr? Feeling very stressed. I wait for mail everyday now and then nothing. I have no idea how to stop thinking about it!!!

anais34
Newly Registered

Post by anais34 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:39 am

Melak wrote:This waiting is become very stressful for me!!! Is anyone apply in January not yet got ilr? Feeling very stressed. I wait for mail everyday now and then nothing. I have no idea how to stop thinking about it!!!
Hi Melak

Plz don't lose hope ! I know is very stressing to wait but u can't do much at the moment .when ur 6 month finish ? Me too no new yet ! Fingers crossed

Mahm256

Post by Mahm256 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:59 am

Hi all. The waiting game is finally over for me (for now at least) :D I received my letter of approval in the post today with my expired travel document. Here is my timeline.
Application sent: 21/03/15
Arrived at HO Liverpool: 24/03/15
Confirmation email received: 07/04/15
BRP letter recieved: 09/04/15 dated 02/04/15
Biometrics enrolled: 11/04/15
Approval letter: 06/06/15 dated 05/06/15
BRP card: waiting...

Does anyone know how I can get my national passport back? HO took it on asylum screening :?

Makul2009
Newly Registered

Post by Makul2009 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:17 am

Hi Mai201555

Congratulations dear, sorry I was busy sorting out my son's BRP card as his date of birth was wrong.
So now it's sorted.

Anyway now, I have a few questions. If any one can help me answer:-
1. When I applied for asylum initially, I handed over my National Passport to them and when my asylum was granted. HO sent my National Passport back. However, I applied for Travel Document so I had to send my National Passport back to them. I received my Travel Document.
But now, I want my national passport back. When I called HO, they said you may be able to get it. Maybe Yes maybe No. They said send a letter to HO requesting it back with reasons. So I thought forget it, as I am not planning to travel to my home country till I get my British Passport.
So now, my question is Has anyone who got their ILR granted had the same issue or were they able to get it?

2. I am also planning on doing the Naturalisation, hence I have to do the life in the UK. But does anyone know, if we have to wait an year to do the naturalisation or we can straight away go ahead and do it whenever.

3. As I checked on UK gov website, only life in the UK is required for those who were granted 5 years refugee. Does anyone know if I also have to do the english test before the naturalisation.

4. if there is anyone who can advice me, step by step on what needs doing, please do so. Your help is really appreciated. I would like to know from someone who has received ILR and done all this recently as the rules have changed quite recently.

5. Also, my son was born here in the UK after I was granted refugee. So does he have to do the naturalisation or can he just register as a british citizen?

All this is really confusing and i don't want to waste any money on lawyers. Any advice would do.

Thanks all and good luck to those who are waiting... believe me guys... you will surely get it!
And to those who got it congratulations... and good luck with all that needs doing after ILR... PHEW...

Melak

Post by Melak » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:14 am

Congs Mahm256! Enjoy the rest of your life and never look back on this stress waiting for ILR.

Anais34 thanks very much for your supportive message. I am praying I don't have very long to wait now. It will be 5 months on June 21st.

Makul2009, you have to wait a year to qualify for naturalisation I have read but you can do life in U.K test anytime after getting ILR. Your son will naturalise with you if they have ilr but any baby you have after getting ilr can register British citizen.
I think depending on your academic level e.g if you have a Bristish degree you don't need English test if you don't then you have to do it. If I got ILR I would wait until after naturalisation to reclaim national passport. It's safer I think.

Much love to you all.

Let's hope for more good news.

Melak

shaki
Newly Registered

Post by shaki » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:13 pm

hello all
I AM NEW TO THID FORUME
THIS IS MY TIMELINE
APPLICATION DATE:15/06/15
EMAIL RECEIVED BY UKBA CONFIRM APPLICATION:18/06/15
BIOMETRIC LETTER RECEIVED(ACTUAL DATE 17/06/15): 20/06/15
BIOMETRIC DONE ON 20/06/15
LETS SEE WHATS HAPPEN NEXT

Melak

Post by Melak » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:49 am

Hello Shaki,
Welcome to the forum. I hope your application is answered as quickly as some e.g Trace above. Today is 5 months since they receive mine and I am still no decision. I very nervous but hope I get good answer in atleast 4 weeks time.

Lets stay strong together.

shaki
Newly Registered

Post by shaki » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:27 pm

Hi Malik
I'M new to this forum and don't know anything about your application,would you pls tell me more about your timeline?

anais34
Newly Registered

Post by anais34 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:30 pm

Hi
Still no news I'm going to heat 4 month now anyone still waiting .....
Malek any news in ur side I hope got ur ILR.

anais34
Newly Registered

Post by anais34 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:31 pm

Hi
Still no news I'm going to heat 4 month now anyone still waiting .....
Malek any news in ur side I hope got ur ILR.

Arash
Newly Registered

Post by Arash » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm here in the UK as humantrian protection and I recently send my application to home office to apply for indefinite leave and in my previouse visa said I'm not allowed to go back to my country but can go back to my country with indefinite leave to remind .
please answer...thanks

Arash
Newly Registered

Post by Arash » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:45 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm here in the UK as humantrian protection and I recently send my application to home office to apply for indefinite leave and in my previouse visa said I'm not allowed to go back to my country but can go back to my country with indefinite leave to remind .
please answer...thanks

Arash
Newly Registered

Post by Arash » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:46 pm

Hi everyone,

please answer...thanks

baloobear
Newly Registered

Post by baloobear » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:58 pm

trace.willington wrote:
rkrai26 wrote:Regarding travelling after complete of ILR .i cant apply my country passport so if o had a travel document can i travel to any europe country with that ILR travel dociments??
Before my through my certificate of travel documents there was certain restriction on countries like france etc..
Just curious after i received my ILR i want to go on holiday like spain ?
If anybody know pls it will be very kind??
Regards
I haven't got ILR yet , but i have used my Travel Document to go to Paris ( by Bus). Also been to Spain, Amsterdam without visa. Some of my friends been to Italy without visa as well, but I am not sure about Italy.
Hello Trace, I just wanted to check what travel Document you have, and when to Spain, and Amsterdam without visa did you go by bus or plane ? thanks

Melak

Post by Melak » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:13 pm

Hi Guys,

I still haven't got ilr!! I have tried calling UKVI to ask if there is something wrong but they say I should wait until 6 month. When I called last the woman say I call back on 20th July. The stress continues

trace.willington
Newly Registered

Post by trace.willington » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:11 pm

baloobear wrote:
trace.willington wrote:
rkrai26 wrote:Regarding travelling after complete of ILR .i cant apply my country passport so if o had a travel document can i travel to any europe country with that ILR travel dociments??
Before my through my certificate of travel documents there was certain restriction on countries like france etc..
Just curious after i received my ILR i want to go on holiday like spain ?
If anybody know pls it will be very kind??
Regards
I haven't got ILR yet , but i have used my Travel Document to go to Paris ( by Bus). Also been to Spain, Amsterdam without visa. Some of my friends been to Italy without visa as well, but I am not sure about Italy.
Hello Trace, I just wanted to check what travel Document you have, and when to Spain, and Amsterdam without visa did you go by bus or plane ? thanks
HI
The one I had was blue with two gold strip in the top corner. Went to Spain and Amsterdam few times by plane. Only used Bus to go to Paris. I have applied a new one as my old one expired, been waiting for 5 weeks now.

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:04 am

Melak wrote:Hi Guys,

I still haven't got ilr!! I have tried calling UKVI to ask if there is something wrong but they say I should wait until 6 month. When I called last the woman say I call back on 20th July. The stress continues
Such a long but don't despair. It is well worth the wait once everything comes through you will soon forget what a agonising wait it was. Best wishes

Melak

Post by Melak » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:54 am

SIX MONTHS and nothing yet!!! I feels so depressed and don't know what to do! Why take all this time? I pray I am not refused ILR. Good luck to you all who waiting. Maybe it wont be long like me.

anais34
Newly Registered

Post by anais34 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:53 am

Melak wrote:SIX MONTHS and nothing yet!!! I feels so depressed and don't know what to do! Why take all this time? I pray I am not refused ILR. Good luck to you all who waiting. Maybe it wont be long like me.

Hi Melak

You should call them today and every day until u know what ur application Still not done and I hope u hear good news from them or u receive ur approval .. I'm still waiting as well I'm in 4 month now .....

anais34
Newly Registered

Post by anais34 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:07 pm

Hi Melak

Any news did u call HO let me know !! Good luck

Melak

Post by Melak » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:53 pm

Hi Anais34
I been calling evryday since monday and they say I just have to wait. It is still in progress. Yesterday (Wednesday) I called and spoke with a manager. She say she sending urgent email to casework team. I hope I hear back good news soon. I plan to call again on Friday maybe.
By the way do u get that email from ukvi saying they will complete case in 6 months? I have been getting it every month. Its all lies.

Hope u don t get frustrated as me Anais34.

anais34
Newly Registered

Post by anais34 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:28 pm

[quote="Melak"]Hi Anais34
I been calling evryday since monday and they say I just have to wait. It is still in progress. Yesterday (Wednesday) I called and spoke with a manager. She say she sending urgent email to casework team. I hope I hear back good news soon. I plan to call again on Friday maybe.
By the way do u get that email from ukvi saying they will complete case in 6 months? I have been getting it every month. Its all lies.

Hope u don t get frustrated as me Anais34.[/qu

Hi Melak

Very frustrating as to wait 6 month after that still need to wait and when u call no one tell u anything .....I feel like it will happened to me like u wait 6 month with no result
I hope ur approval come soon . Praying