ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Solicitor Lost all my 3 passports and a degree/ BRP Received

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yungbuk

Solicitor Lost all my 3 passports and a degree/ BRP Received

Post by yungbuk » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:12 pm

Hello Everyone,

My BRP was received by my solicitor not sure when as the date on it says issued on 18/11/16 but I got a call from him on 02/12/16. Also HO had posted my documents by special delivery which were received on the 21st of November by my solicitor. However, he has been unable to find my documents in his office and has asked me for a few more days before he can give me a definitive answer.

I would like to know what are my options in case my documents are lost. If so, will it have any effect on my naturalization application and what steps can I take now to mitigate such adverse events that could affect my citizenship application.

I would be grateful if senior/experienced/all members can guide me in the right direction.

Regards

YB

Obie
Ireland

Re: Solicitor Lost all my 3 passports and a degree/ BRP Rece

Post by Obie » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:44 am

Loss of documents cannot affect naturalisation . You can provide proof by other means of your residence and avalence from UK.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors