ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some Legacy cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vinny

Some Legacy cases

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:16 pm

Delipalta & Ors, R (on the application of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2014] EWHC 4218 (Admin) (12 December 2014)
Azizi, R (on the application of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2014] EWHC 4021 (Admin) (14 November 2014)
Legacy cases “laid to rest” by Court of Appeal > SH (Iran) & Anor v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2014] EWCA Civ 1469 (12 November 2014)
Moussaoui v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2014] EWHC 3596 (Admin) (03 November 2014)
Lavang, R (On the Application Of) v The Secretary of State for the Home Department [2014] EWHC 3473 (Admin) (23 October 2014)
Kabashi, R (on the Application of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2014] EWHC 3424 (Admin) (21 October 2014)
UZ (Pakistan) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2014] EWCA Civ 1319 (15 October 2014)
Xu, R (on the application of) v The Secretary of State for the Home Department (IJR) [2014] UKUT 375 (IAC) (7 August 2014)
Gunduz, R (On the Application Of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2014] EWHC 2688 (Admin) (31 July 2014)
Tesfay, R (On the Application Of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2014] EWHC 2109 (Admin) (10 July 2014)
Nzangane v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2014] EWHC 555 (Admin) (05 March 2014)
Kadyamarunga v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2014] EWHC 301 (Admin) (14 February 2014)
Hamzeh & Ors v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2013] EWHC 4113 (Admin) (20 December 2013)
Geraldo & Ors, R (on the application of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2013] EWHC 2763 (Admin) (06 September 2013)
Okonkwo (legacy/Hakemi; health claim) Nigeria [2013] UKUT 401 (IAC) (30 July 2013)
Che, R (on the application of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2013] EWHC 2220 (Admin) (26 July 2013)
DM, Re Judicial Review [2013] ScotCS CSOH_114 (09 July 2013)
AZ (Asylum- legacy cases) Afghanistan [2013] UKUT 270 (IAC) (10 June 2013)
Legacy Case Wins > Mohammed, R (on the application of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2012] EWHC 3091 (Admin) (02 November 2012)
New Legacy Judgment > Hakemi & Ors v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2012] EWHC 1967 (Admin) (19 July 2012)
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Some Legacy cases

Post by Obie » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:05 am

Hi Vinny, perhaps this should be put on Sticky, if it is to be of relevance to other members.

The way the caselaws are going these days, i am also wondering whether or not legacy caselaws are not becoming increasingly irrelevant.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

larry86
Newly Registered

Post by larry86 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:16 pm

Hi Vinny,

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!???

I was sent a letter by the ukba capita on 14th october 2014 (case management team) that they are in the process of reviewing my case and will be grateful if i could complete the attached form to provide them with an update to my current circumstances as the information will assist in assessing my case. i was given 14days to complete and return d form. Which i did and sent to dem... They also replied to my email i sent and said: Dear Mr Onibiyo, Capita deal with historical cases, and are currently collecting up to date information about personal circumstances, which we then attach to the Home Office files, to help them make a decision on your case. We do not deal with fresh applications.

My question is:
1) is my case been considered and transferred under the legacy case from the above? also from the above last 3 paragraphs does it mean my case is been regarded as that of an historical case???

NOTE: I came in as a student in 14th october 2007 to study law(1year foundation and 3 years LLB law undergraduate) at london metropolitan University and in 2011 my extension under tier 4 was refused due to failing to meet the maintenance requirement(cos i submitted a scanned copy of my sponsor bank statement and it was one month old) which they are still using against me and i just got only one semester more to complete my degree.

My attendance in class is satisfactory

I appealed and the refusal was upheld by judge on the same issue not taking into account new evidence.

I Seek legal advice and was wrongly advised and put in discretionary leave application. dat was also refused in july 2012.

i was detained for some couple of hours same year and was released. started to report without failure till present.

i was also detained in june 2014 despite i had JR pending decision which was refused. applied for oral hearing that too was refused but was given right to appeal.

i have spent a total of 7years and 1month plus in the UK (British friends British relatives and member of a religious associations) with no criminal record but with disability.

no partner or child but i have cousins and uncles in the UK who are all well established British citizens who had written to the UKBA on my behalf as well despite my new solicitor representation

Finally i will appreciate if my question( My question is:
1) is my case been considered and transferred under the legacy case?) is been answered taking into account my immigration history i stated.

Hope to hear from you as soon as possible. Kindly please also copy response/reply to lanre.onibiyo@gmail.com
Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Olanrewaju Onibiyo.

larry86
Newly Registered

Post by larry86 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi Vinny,
I was sent a letter by the ukba capita on 14th october 2014 (case management team) that they are in the process of reviewing my case and will be grateful if i could complete the attached form to provide them with an update to my current circumstances as the information will assist in assessing my case. i was given 14days to complete and return d form. Which i did and sent to dem... They also replied to my email i sent and said: Dear Mr Onibiyo, Capita deal with historical cases, and are currently collecting up to date information about personal circumstances, which we then attach to the Home Office files, to help them make a decision on your case. We do not deal with fresh applications.

My question is:
1) is my case been considered and transferred under the legacy case from the above? also from the above last 3 paragraphs does it mean my case is been regarded as that of an historical case???

NOTE: I came in as a student in 14th october 2007 to study law(1year foundation and 3 years LLB law undergraduate) at london metropolitan University and in 2011 my extension under tier 4 was refused due to failing to meet the maintenance requirement(cos i submitted a scanned copy of my sponsor bank statement and it was one month old) which they are still using against me and i just got only one semester more to complete my degree.

My attendance in class is satisfactory

I appealed and the refusal was upheld by judge on the same issue not taking into account new evidence.

I Seek legal advice and was wrongly advised and put in discretionary leave application. dat was also refused in july 2012.

i was detained for some couple of hours same year and was released. started to report without failure till present.

i was also detained in june 2014 despite i had JR pending decision which was refused. applied for oral hearing that too was refused but was given right to appeal.

i have spent a total of 7years and 1month plus in the UK (British friends British relatives and member of a religious associations) with no criminal record but with disability.

no partner or child but i have cousins and uncles in the UK who are all well established British citizens who had written to the UKBA on my behalf as well despite my new solicitor representation

Finally i will appreciate if my question( My question is:
1) is my case been considered and transferred under the legacy case?) is been answered taking into account my immigration history i stated.

Hope to hear from you as soon as possible. Kindly please also copy response/reply to lanre.onibiyo@gmail.com
Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Olanrewaju Onibiyo.