ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Speeding offense - ILR - Help please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kumars1111
Newly Registered

Speeding offense - ILR - Help please

Post by Kumars1111 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:56 am

Hi Members,

I have recently recieved a Notice for Intended Prosecution for overspeeding (driving in a 30 MPH road at 38 MPH). Its the first time but is happening during the time when my ILR is due for application early next year (about 6 months away).
Please could your urgently suggest me how to go about the same.
It is my first time speeding ofense and even though I would request to not put points on my license and instead go for a Speed Awareness class, please could some one who has been in a similar situation or who knows about the same suggest me how can I safguard my ILR application - whether this speeding offense will need to be mentioned while applying for ILR or something else that I would need to do.

Any help in this matter would be highly appreciated.

Thanks !

Sudy

canon123
Member of Standing

Re: Speeding offense - ILR - Help please

Post by canon123 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:07 am

It depends on the outcome

1. If speed awareness ---- no problem, do not mention it

2. If COFP without a visit to court ---- You do not need to declare that as it is a FPN. Can see in the application form clearly that FPN need not be declared

3. Court issued FPN ---- Even this is not going to impact your application as long as you pay the fine

Others can correct me if wrong

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:16 am

Where you offered the option of a Speed Awareness Course? It's not always an option, even for a first offence....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Kumars1111
Newly Registered

Post by Kumars1111 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:48 pm

I at the moment have just replied back to the NIP requesting them a Speed Awareness Course n a cover letter but I know that at the end of the day its at their discretion.
Not sure how long will it take for them to come back.
Just hoping that whatever be the outcome doesnt affect the case around me ILR.
Would keep this thread updated with how it goes.

Thanks !
Sudy

Kumars1111
Newly Registered

Post by Kumars1111 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:50 pm

Ok. So the update is that I have been offered an option of going for Speed Awareness Course which I have accepted without a thought.
Hoping that this could have been the best outcome given my situation.
Please if someone has experienced anything similar or have heard of similar cases let me know that at the stage of writing my ILR application will this need to be disclosed ?
Looking forward to the views.

khlid77

Post by khlid77 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:23 am

Kumars1111 wrote:Ok. So the update is that I have been offered an option of going for Speed Awareness Course which I have accepted without a thought.
Hoping that this could have been the best outcome given my situation.
Please if someone has experienced anything similar or have heard of similar cases let me know that at the stage of writing my ILR application will this need to be disclosed ?
Looking forward to the views.
Hi Kumars1111
Can you please updates us
Did your application for ilr was successful?
thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 10, 2017 1:17 pm

This post is from 2014. The user has not visited since 2016. No need to bump this up again :!:
Speeding is not an criminal offence if you did not get a court conviction and has no effect on ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice