ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse went outside the country for 102 days

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

asmiali

Spouse went outside the country for 102 days

Post by asmiali » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:56 pm

My wife went to visit family and was gone for 102 days consecutively. She has come back in March. I am applying for ILR in January 2015. Does this leave affect her eligibility for ILR?

Amber
Mood:

Re: Spouse went outside the country for 102 days

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:16 pm

PBS deps should have absences which are limited and for good reason during their qualifying period.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

asmiali

Post by asmiali » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:50 pm

Do they really check for this though as the SET(O) form doesn't really ask for spouse details.

Am I missing something?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:23 pm

The applicant and the Relevant Points Based System Migrant must have been living together in the UK for the specified period (319E) so it is important. For SET(M) they only ask about absences that exceed 6 months. I'm not sure what is asked in SET(O), you would need to read it.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.