ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success-ILR (10 years) dependent Direct SET M without FLR M

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

msvayani

Success-ILR (10 years) dependent Direct SET M without FLR M

Post by msvayani » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:10 am

Hi all,

First a of all I would like to thank all the seniors for their wonderful support and information sharing, I just would like to share my experience just an hour ago about my wife application at Sheffield PEO for ILR. It is very beneficial specially for those people who have got ILR under 10 years rule and their spouses are willing to apply for indefinite.

arrive at PEO at 0735

Application taken at 0800

biometric done at 0850

decision at 0900

Its was very quick and I am really impressed with Sheffield PEO. It is my second experience with them.

Brief Summary:
I got ILR in 3rd week of Feb 2014 under 10 years rule.

Wife joined me in Oct 2009 as dependent of PBS (post study work) then T1 Dependent. Visa valid till 2016.

Document submitted:
Set M application
Photographs
4 months bank statements + payslips + employer letter for myself
4 months bank statements + payslips + Accountant letter that she works at my own limited company.
Marriage certificate
Life in the UK test
Trinity College B1 (Grade 5) listening and speaking certificate
Cohabitation documents (some in joint names but rest on sole name) covering last 2 years

I did prepare FLR (M) and tried to explain after giving all my document to lady at counter but she said that if there is any problem then case worker will let us know.

So in a nutshell try luck by giving SET (M) if spouse is her before 9th July 2012 on PBS route dependent and her/his visa is still valid. This is first hand experience just an hour ago.

If any one need any information please send me private message.

Regards
MSV

Amber
Mood:

Re: Success-ILR (10 years) dependent Direct SET M without FL

Post by Amber » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:31 am

Congratulations
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:31 pm

msvayani wrote:Hi all,

First a of all I would like to thank all the seniors for their wonderful support and information sharing, I just would like to share my experience just an hour ago about my wife application at Sheffield PEO for ILR. It is very beneficial specially for those people who have got ILR under 10 years rule and their spouses are willing to apply for indefinite.

arrive at PEO at 0735

Application taken at 0800

biometric done at 0850

decision at 0900

Its was very quick and I am really impressed with Sheffield PEO. It is my second experience with them.

Brief Summary:
I got ILR in 3rd week of Feb 2014 under 10 years rule.

Wife joined me in Oct 2009 as dependent of PBS (post study work) then T1 Dependent. Visa valid till 2016.

Document submitted:
Set M application
Photographs
4 months bank statements + payslips + employer letter for myself
4 months bank statements + payslips + Accountant letter that she works at my own limited company.
Marriage certificate
Life in the UK test
Trinity College B1 (Grade 5) listening and speaking certificate
Cohabitation documents (some in joint names but rest on sole name) covering last 2 years

I did prepare FLR (M) and tried to explain after giving all my document to lady at counter but she said that if there is any problem then case worker will let us know.

So in a nutshell try luck by giving SET (M) if spouse is her before 9th July 2012 on PBS route dependent and her/his visa is still valid. This is first hand experience just an hour ago.

If any one need any information please send me private message.

Regards
MSV

Hi MSV,

Congrats....! I'm also on your boat but bit confusing with advised of seniors and others to apply my wife as they said go to first FLR(M) then SET(M).
I've received ILR based on 10 years in first week of Feb 2014 and would like apply for my wife. Presently she is on Tier1 PBS Dependant and she was joined with me 16 Nov 2011 then visa got until Sept 2015. She has completed 2 years and 3 months till now.

Can I apply ILR for her this month or Shall I wait another 3 more months (because of I have read some clauses that if any dependant before 9 July 12 completed 30 months then could apply for ILR but I don't know exactly whether or not correct this).

Could you please advise me whether can I apply now or not.
Surya

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:06 pm

Technically you must use FLR(M) then SET(M). Though, some caseworkers, rarely, allow SET(M) without FLR(M) using their discretion.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

msvayani

Post by msvayani » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:10 pm

Sorry i am not sure about 30 months rule and to be honest i didnt know myself. But i have gone today personally and it proved successful. I think personally if dependent has got enough leave after main applicant received his ilr than its worth apply on set m at peo. This was also confirmed by an other senior member back in 2013.

Regards
MSV

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:46 pm

msvayani wrote:Sorry i am not sure about 30 months rule and to be honest i didnt know myself. But i have gone today personally and it proved successful. I think personally if dependent has got enough leave after main applicant received his ilr than its worth apply on set m at peo. This was also confirmed by an other senior member back in 2013.

Regards
MSV
Hi MSV,

When did she get Tier1 first and second dependent extension?
I'll try in your way. Could you please let me know which sections should I fill in form SET(M)?
When did you pay full payments?
Surya

msvayani

Post by msvayani » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:57 pm

Please click or copy paste link. It has got full information

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 11220.html

Payment was made online at the time of booking appointment

Which section in SET (M)????? You need to fill all the sections of SET (M). It's not like SET O which is used by PBS Migrant under different routes hence they only complete relevant sections.

Regards
MSV

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:22 am

msvayani wrote:Please click or copy paste link. It has got full information

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 11220.html

Payment was made online at the time of booking appointment

Which section in SET (M)????? You need to fill all the sections of SET (M). It's not like SET O which is used by PBS Migrant under different routes hence they only complete relevant sections.

Regards
MSV

Hi MSV,

I got some doubts to fill the SET(M) form....Please advise.

Section 2B

What shall I write these three questions? Do I need to write wife has joined with me in UK date or met in India date onwards?
2.1 When did you first meet your partner?
2.2 Where did first meet?
2.3 When did your relationship begin?

2.10 How often do you see (meet) your partner?
Answer: We are living together but how to explain to this question.

2.11 When did you see your partner?
Answer: It means when my wife is joined with me in UK

2.12 Are you and your partner related outside of your relationship?
Answer: Yes or No – I don’t understand this question

2.17 What type of ceremony was your wedding/civil partnership?
Answer: What shall I write to this question?

Section 3: I didn’t fill this section due to not applying to any children under this category.

Section 8:
8.5 Does a relative or friend of you or your partner or both of you, regularly give you money?
Answer: Yes or No, If yes then how much do I need to mention.
Surya

msvayani

Post by msvayani » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:37 am

2.1 I put my date as few days before my engagement.
2.2 as above
2.3 Date of actual marriage

2.10 we live together
2.11. Question is "When did you last see you partner"
Answer is we live together.

2.12 is your partner is related to u as a your cousin or uncle etc. if not then put no

2.13 I wrote traditional Asian weeding ceremony

Section 8. I put NO

Section 3. I did fill just for information and explain in blank area that I have applied for registration on MN1 and application is with home office

MSV

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:15 pm

msvayani wrote:2.1 I put my date as few days before my engagement.
2.2 as above
2.3 Date of actual marriage

2.10 we live together
2.11. Question is "When did you last see you partner"
Answer is we live together.

2.12 is your partner is related to u as a your cousin or uncle etc. if not then put no

2.13 I wrote traditional Asian weeding ceremony

Section 8. I put NO

Section 3. I did fill just for information and explain in blank area that I have applied for registration on MN1 and application is with home office

MSV
Thanks MSV,

Section 3: Its good for me to mentioned this, otherwise I would leave blank in application , because even I've applied for Naturalization on MN1 for my son.
Surya

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:47 pm

Hi MSV

Congrats for ILR.

I also want to ask about 8.5 Does a relative or friend of you or
your partner, or both of you, regularly
give you money? if yes then how much each month?

My wife does not work and she rely on me financially. I believe I have to say yes to this question as she does not work. What should i say about how much each month???

Please advise.

Thanks
Kunal

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:05 pm

Is Dependent spending 26 months in the UK make them eligible for SET (M). Plus B1 and LIUK. ???? Or apart from 24 months in the UK dependent has done extension of the visa as well. I am asking pre July 2012 entry people.

Can you please pin point the rule where it is mentioned.
"Pray before you are Prayed upon"

knwkol
Newly Registered

Post by knwkol » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:21 pm

Hello all,

first of all thanks to all the contributors to this forum. I got lot of guidance for my and my wife's ILR. I will put my experience here in case it can help someone.

My Entry UK- 2003
Before ILR - Tier 2 company sponsored visa
ILR applied Nov 2013 on long residence basis ( i sent absolutely every single document I had in past 10 years)
Biomatric in Jan.
ILR letter received 2nd week March 2014.
Biomatric card received 3rd week March 2014

Wife entered UK as my dependent in 2005.
Wife's visa before ILR - Tier 2 dependent

I was confused and not sure to go for FLR or SET.

I called and my wife called Home office 3 times. Their responses over the phone
1- Apply FLR then apply SET on next appointment , pay both fee
2- Apply FLR then wait 2 years then SET (M)
3- Apply FLR then wait 5 years

We emailed twice in Feb 2014 to homeoffice to get confirmation in writing but no response at all till now.

I had no choice but to book FLR in person appointment for my wife. Paid FLR fee online.

Appointment last Saturday in Sheffield at 11AM. After reading as many forums as I could and reading all the rules I was still unclear.So took a gamble ,prepared both applications FLR and SET (M). Prepared a cover letter mentioning all details about UK entry , current visa, husband visa, also argued the case saying she qualify as per 287 ,transitional arrangement .

At 11am we gave SET(M) to the Visa window in sheffield offices with this cover letter. My wife also said she think she qualify for SET (M). The lady on the window consulted another lady and said give us the form and cover letter and we will see, come after 2 hours and leave mobile number if case worker needs to call you. She also said if she qualify for SET (M) then she needs to pay full SET fee and FLR fee will be refunded.

We did not get any calls and biomatric was done at around 1.30pm.

We never saw case worker as we only dealt with reception lady.

ILR sucessful letter received at around 2.30PM. All documents returned.

now waiting for Biomatric card . DX secure left a card today so it must have come.

Today FLR fee refund confirmation came in the email.

So thanks again all. Best of luck.

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:25 pm

knwkol wrote:Hello all,

first of all thanks to all the contributors to this forum. I got lot of guidance for my and my wife's ILR. I will put my experience here in case it can help someone.

My Entry UK- 2003
ILR applied Nov 2013 on long residence basis ( i sent absolutely every single document I had in past 10 years)
Biomatric in Jan.

We emailed twice in Feb 2014 to homeoffice to get confirmation in writing but no response at all till now.

I had no choice but to book FLR in person appointment for my wife. Paid FLR fee online.

Appointment last Saturday in Sheffield at 11AM. After reading as many forums as I could and reading all the rules I was still unclear.So took a gamble ,prepared both applications FLR and SET (M). Prepared a cover letter mentioning all details about UK entry , current visa, husband visa, also argued the case saying she qualify as per 287 ,transitional arrangement .

At 11am we gave SET(M) to the Visa window in sheffield offices with this cover letter. My wife also said she think she qualify for SET (M). The lady on the window consulted another lady and said give us the form and cover letter and we will see, come after 2 hours and leave mobile number if case worker needs to call you. She also said if she qualify for SET (M) then she needs to pay full SET fee and FLR fee will be refunded.

now waiting for Biomatric card . DX secure left a card today so it must have come.

hi knwkol,

congrats..! I'm also on your boat. Did you pay by cash or card for SET(M) there? And could you explain what did you write in covering letter.
Surya

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:45 pm

congratss..you guys are lucky..i took both forms at GLASGOW PEO on 14 march where they did not allow me to switch to SET M. they said I am elligble to apply for SET M but why did i pay for FLR M. they dont have any facility to take cash or card so they wont be able to switch my application...so we had to go for FLR M. now have booked another appointment for SET M...waste of money...time everything

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:26 am

suryavaddi wrote:
knwkol wrote:Hello all,

My Entry UK- 2003
Biomatric in Jan.

hi knwkol,

congrats..! I'm also on your boat. Did you pay by cash or card for SET(M) there? And could you explain what did you write in covering letter.
Hi knwkol,

If you don't mind, could you help me on SET(M) application filling for below.

Section 2A:
Has your partner previously been sponsored as a partner of a settled person?
Yes or No
Your partner’s Home Office reference (if they have one)
What shall I tick here? I've sponsored first time for my wife before she come to uk.

Section 3:Do I need fill this section?
Section 6: Questions 13, 14, 15, 16
Do I need to fill these questions in this section

Section 7:Do I need to fill all my previous address (Main Applicant) other than given at section 1.13 during past 2 years?
Section 9:
9.12. Please state what ties you have with;
Do wife need to fill this question?

Section 11B:Do I need to fill this section?
Surya