ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rahuls

Re: Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Post by rahuls » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:23 am

Ali_87 wrote:,

Do i still need to fill in Payment details if applying using the premium service for settlement? Can you please explain how it works?
>>>Not necessary but it doesn't hurt to fill it. I was given this sheet back. However you must carry the payment sheet which you get when you make the online payment.
Is the ILR a paper attached to the passport or a card like BRP?
>>>I haven't received it but I would think that it would be a usual BRP card with ILR written on it, I think it also has a expiry date perhaps 10 years.

Turmeric
Newly Registered

Post by Turmeric » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:46 pm

Ali_87 wrote:Hi,

Can anyone help please?

Do i still need to fill in Payment details if applying using the premium service for settlement? Can you please explain how it works?

Is the ILR a paper attached to the passport or a card like BRP?

Thanks,

Ali
For PEO application printout of payment confirmation email is required.

You will received a BRP saying the following:

Type of Permit
SETTLEMENT

Remarks
INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN

rk_2011

Post by rk_2011 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:02 pm

Had a really pleasant experience at the Home office in Croydon, not just because my Tier-2 5-years ILR was granted in less than two hours total, but I found the staff quite friendly, contrary to what I had experienced all these years with UKBA agency. It's either the Home office revamp or the hefty premium fees service. A few pointers:

1. I booked my appointment in advance, not leaving it for later. Slots open approx. 42 days in advance. Don't leave it for later.
2. I applied exactly 28 days before my 5-year qualifying period.
3. I spent an entire week getting everything organised, collating all documents in a transparent folder, bookmarking them, so its easy on the caseworker to locate my documents. I think the time spent was well worth. Especially, since it gives you the confidence that everything is in place and you haven't missed anything.
4. I applied with my dependent wife leaving my UK-born daughter out of the application. Child should be UK-born and no urgency to travel (Check ILR FAQ).
5. Appointment was 10am, but (friendly) guards let us in at 945am. Don't forget to get your appointment confirmation email and payment sheet. Appt. email is the first thing they will check.
6. There were three counters we went to, from beginning to end, and all counters were calling our token number even before we had sat to wait! Treated like a VIP!

While I waited in the cafe, it was interesting when my caseworker called my mobile to confirm why I had excluded my daughter. I explained she was UK-born and that I would apply for her naturalisation following ILR success. Caseworker was satisfied with my answer.

BRP card came in the post in 2 days.

Ali_87
Newly Registered

Post by Ali_87 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:11 am

Rahuls and Turmeric many thanks guys. Very useful and best of luck!

vipul226968
Newly Registered

Re: Successful PEO ILR applications

Post by vipul226968 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:38 am

aragon wrote:Date: 12/08/2014

1. Category.
- Tier 1 General

2. Number of dependents.

3. Total cost.
- £5972

4. PEO branch.
- Croydon

5. Documents provided.
-Payment Sheet
-Appointment Confirmation Email
-Set O Form (Version 7/14)

Original & Photocopies of following:

-Passports
-Brps
-LIUK Test Certificates (Mine & Wifes)
-Bachelors Degree Certificate of Wife from Gujarat University
-Letter from Gujarat University confirming medium of instruction as English.
-Printout of Point Based Calculator confirming the points awarded to the above degree. 30 for Qualification and 10 for English language. I used Tier 2 in the point based calculator for her.
-Masters Degree Certificate from Andhra University for Me.
-Printout of Point Based Calculator confirming the points awarded to the above degree. 35 for qualification and 10 for English language. I used Tier 1 in point based calculator for me.
-12 month payslips
-12 month bank statements
-5 year p60s
-Letter from Employer confirming absenses and salary figure for last 1 year.

Cohabitation docs:

-Marriage Certificate
-Birth Certificates of kids
-3 year Barclays bank statement in joint name
-wife's credit card statement for last 3 years
-Tenancy agreements for past 2 years in joint name
-Council tax bills for past 4 years in joint name.
-Water Bill for past 3 years in joint name
- 1 doctor letter dated june 2011.

6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years. - No. Only 48 days out of UK. All on annual leaves.

7. Any Additional Comments.

Appointment Time was 8:30. Went there at 7:50. Was out at 10:30. Bio-meteric verification took the longest. Case consideration took 20 mins. Maybe cuz I had a straight forward case.

Note. I didn't got any naric certificates. Point base calculator printout worked fine for both of us.
Hi,
Could you advice me please?
Do we need to fill one form of SET_O or separate for all applicants?
I am applying with my wife for ILR on five years route on Tier 1 general.
Thank you.

Regards,
VP

dev1n
Newly Registered

Post by dev1n » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi,
I am applying at the PEO next week.
As far as I know you only need to fill the 1 form as there are areas to be filled for dependants.
Hope this helps.
If anybody knows otherwise please let us know

ukguyinlondon

Post by ukguyinlondon » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:29 am

Hi All,

I thought of providing my experience with the PEO appointment at Croydon yesterday (10th Jan 2014)

My case was straightforward and I submitted the least possible documents. No dependents as they are out of country currently. I will provide a brief overview in case that is of help to others.

My case: Tier 1 General ( worked for the current employer for the last 2.5 years) - Did my MSc in UK

I entered at 8am and left by 10am.

Documents submitted to caseworker after biometrics:

1) 12 month bank statement

Note: one of the statement was printout from a PC without stamp, also in last three months I didn't maintain a strict balance - at times it was below 900... ) - Also I didn't provide every single page for each month - for some months it was just the statement which showed the pay...

I don;t say this is the recommended practice but I just thought of sharing

2) 12 months pay-slips
3) Msc Degree certificate
4) Letter from my employer (I don;t think this is required... )
5) Life in UK Pass Letter

I was absent a total of around 160 days over 5 years (all paid annual leaves) - in 1 year my leave didn't go beyond 30 or 35 days - I didn't provide any letter from my current or previous employer

That's it - my case was approved in around 1hr...

It was simple and straightforward, so for those in similar situation it may help...

Otherwise it is always best to be equipped with the required paper work.. btw I did carry quite a lot of stuff with me as a backup (like p60's, previous years bank statements, ielts certificate, rental agreement, letters requesting proof of annual leaves etc etc... - None was asked. )

Lastly I would like to thank the admins of this excellent forum - it;s a true master piece and I have to say it is almost a virtual solicitor (provided you know how to search and find the right authors/post)

thanks!

Happy to answer any queries if required

regards,

leavetoremain

28 days rule and Tier 2 General documents

Post by leavetoremain » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:10 am

Hello Friends,

I am on Tier 2 General completing 5 years of continuous residence in the UK on 28-Feb-2014. Please can someone answer the folowing questions: :?:

1. I have been told that the ILR application window opens 28 days prior. So can I book for same day service starting 01-Feb-2014?

2. Can I postpone the scheduled ppointment date at no extra cost?

3. There are no bank statements or any other utility bills on my wife's name. However would council tax bills, NHS Registration card and tenancy agreement which has my wife's name on them suffice as cohabilitation proofs?

gr8
Newly Registered

Post by gr8 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:00 pm

1. Category: Tier 1 General
2. Number of dependents: 1
3. Tot. cost: £2986
4. PEO branch: Cardiff
5. Documents provided:
Old Passports
Current Passports (1+1)
BRP cards (1+1)
Application form (1)
Appointment letter
Payment letter
Photographs (2+2)
12 months payslips
12 months bank statement
Life in the UK test (1+1)
KOL (UKNAIRIC + letter from college + original degree certificate)
Marriage Certificate
Absence from UK: A letter from employer stating annual leave.
6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years: No
7. Cohabitation proof: 2yrs water bills, council tax letters.
8. Any Additional Comments: Keep the file as simple as possible. Applied 20 days before end of qualifying period.Went in 0910 hrs, out at 1055hrs. I think it's worth taking appointment than postal if you can afford.

desi1234
Newly Registered

Post by desi1234 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:37 pm

Approval date: 5-Jan-2015

2. Number of dependents: 0
3. Tot. cost: £1493
4. PEO branch: Croydon
5. Documents provided:
Passport
BRP Card
Application form
Appointment letter
Payment letter
Photographs - 2
12 months payslips
12 months bank statement
Life in the UK test
Degree certificate
5 year old IELTS result (as I did not know how to prove my degree is in English, this was a backup)
Absence from UK: A letter from current employer stating annual leave. Also a self written letter (I doubt they looked at it as total absense is 175 days in 5 years)

Went at 2pm but came out at 6pm. The last 1 hours was unbearable. Staff professional and polite. Probably got caught in monday rush.

Still waiting for BRP.

ILR4PVM

Post by ILR4PVM » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:02 pm

A silent reader of this forum for a year and this post is my thanks to the invaluable yet free advice available here !

1. Category: Tier 2 ICT
Initial Visa stamp: 6 JAN 2010
Date of Entry: 6 FEB 2010
3 Extensions in the UK
Date of ILR eligibility: 6 DEC 2014
ILR PEO appointment: 14 JAN 2015

Initial Visa stamp and Entry: APR 2011
2 Extensions in the UK

3. Total cost: £2986

5. Documents provided:

Appointment confirmation email
Payment confirmation
SET O form (Payment sheet not filled)
2 X 2 photos with full name written behind and in an envelope pinned to Sec 1 of SET O form
3 passports + 2 BRPs
2 X LIUT Pass Originals
2 X Degree Certificates + 2 X PBS Calculator printout (Points for English page only - Page 4)
3 months Bank Statements with salary credit highlighted (Dec 2014 one was a printout from the branch in bank letter head paper with attestation seal and signature)
3 months Payslips
Employer letter with SOC code and absence details (Same employer for the entire duration)
18 Cohabitation documents (Some joint, some individual, random dates): Lease agreement, Council Tax, Electricity Bill, Water Bill, SKY Bill, NHS Letters.
Copies of all documents from Passport onwards

7. Any Additional Comments:

Had put all the above documents in individual clear file binders, document type written on top, one bundle of originals and one for copies --> Reached Lunar house at 8:45 am --> Showed appointment confirmation to the door man guy (?) --> Airport style security check --> Lift up to 3rd floor --> Reception lady checks set o form, appointment letter, payment confirmation, passports, brps and gives a token number --> 3 mins wait and gets called to counter --> Lady at counter enters details on to the system (quite keyboard challenged !), scans photos, Gives a folder where we put all originals and copies with my clear file binders and I keep it with me. This took 15 mins --> 1 min wait and token number called for biometrics --> Register biometrics and photos (a point and shoot style camera and not the contraption in post offices). Handed over the folder with all the documents. Informed that I have more documents if case worker needs any and she says she has no communication with the caseworkers, so wrote down on the folder about extra documents availability --> Went to cafeteria and then the token number was showing 'Biometrics verification' for 3 mins --> Status changes to 'Awaiting consideration' and stays for 10 mins --> Cafeteria has the usual snacks and hot drinks, lots of seating area, a small kids area, restroom etc --> Status changes to 'Ready for Collection' --> 'Collect from counter XX' comes up in 10 mins --> Person at counter hands over the same Folder back and says congrats approved, BRP will arrive by courier, asked if we would like to give a feedback which we denied --> I check the documents and all originals except BRP cards, all copies and one set of photos (!!!), SET O payment sheets are returned. Many file binders seem to untouched --> Takes stairs --> Out of the building at 10:30 am and took a deep breath - It tasted like FREEDOM after 5 years :lol: --> Waiting for the cards to arrive.

Happy to answer any queries.

dev1n
Newly Registered

Post by dev1n » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:46 am

3. Tot. cost: £2986
5. Documents provided:
Passports
BRP cards
Application form
Appointment letter
Payment letter
Photographs
12 months payslips
12 months bank statement
Life in the UK test

Marriage Certificate
Absence from UK: Letters from employers stating annual leave.
7. Cohabitation proof: 2yrs council tax letters + Additional 12 months joint bank statements

The whole process took nearly 3 hours on a Saturday when they clearly had limited staff. It was not bad at all really.

I was in fact very pleased with the service. You have big screens that keep you up to date with where your application is and if you start timing a ticket before you, then you could get an idea how long it might take.

I have seen a couple of people mentioning how the cohabilitation docs and absence from uk evidence seemed untouched and I cant say 100% they did not have a look but the paperwork seem intact compared to the statements and payslips who were in fact returned to me without the transparent sleeve I had put them in.

Staff friendly.

Don't expect refreshments from the cafe on Saturdays though. 1 thing I would say is that I thought it might be a lot busier on a Saturday but it was quieter than I expected.

Thanks to everybody who contribute to this forum. I keep saying to everybody that this forum saves gives you enough info and confidence rather than getting a sollicitor.

All the best

Kaolo
Newly Registered

Post by Kaolo » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:54 pm

By the grace of Allah, i was granted ILR today.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their inputs.

Here is my case and i hope it helps future applicants.

1. Category: SET M
3. Tot. cost: £1489
5. Documents provided:

Bundle one:

Application Form + passport photos.
2 passports (current and expired one) + Brp.
Sponsor's UK passport.
Life in the Uk test pass letter.
UK Degree certificate.

Bundle two: Finances

My last 6 months bank statements showing salary credited.
Sponsor's last 6 months bank statements showing salary credited.

My last 6 months payslips.
Sponsor's last 6 months payslips.

Bundle three: Cohabitation documents

I was granted Flr (M) in February 2013 ( applied before 9 June 2012, old rules apply), and i worked out that i can simply show one letter each or a joint name letter every quarter of 2013 and 2014. Therefore, i arranged this bundle by year.

For 2013:

-Water bill showing sponsors name.
-My Bank statements.
-Joint account statements.
-Sponsor's tv license
-My HMRC letter.

For 2014:

-My Bank statements
-Sponsor's staments
-Joint account statements
-Tv license showing sponsor's name.

I had photocopied all the above but it turns out, they don't need the photocopy of the application form (save your money !).

I had back up cohabitation letters if needed (Council tax, dvla, gp,tenancy agreement, and marriage certificate.). But they never asked for them.

As described above the process is quite simple: you get in there after an airport style security check (remove your belts :D ) you get a ticket number, they will take your details in the first counter asking if you have signed the form and if you have your passports.

Second step, you go to a desk where they will put your application in the system (10 mins). Here you will take all your documents out and the person will give you a folder where you can put them in. If you have many documents, they will give you a second file. You then go and wait for you number to be called for the third step (took 2 mins for me. 12PM appointment, they were not busy).

Third step is the biometrics, they will explain to you what it is about and show you where to sign. They will take your fingerprints, and a picture. He then toldto me that i could wait in their cafeteria/waiting area or give my phone number and exit the building if i wished to. I chose to wait in the cafeteria (Obviously :P) He also mentioned that it will take anything between 60 to 90 minutes. It did !

Once in the cafeteria, there was a nice ambiance with many people from different backgrounds playing on their tablets, with their kids, on the phone, chatting etc. Most people did something to pass time. Some were sleeping :D.

I overheard a man talking on the phone with case worker giving further details.

The screens there will show the stage of your application ( Biometric verification, Awaiting for consideration, under consideration, and ready for collection). Once its ready for collection, you ticket will appear on the screen indicating what counter to go and collect.

Got to that counter, and a friendly man told me my application was successful, ILR biometric card will follow within 7 days.

They will give you a 'decision' letter. They have returned all my original documents except biometric card, no photocopied documents were returned.

Some of my documents appeared untouched.

I went with my wife, they did not ask her anything.

Good luck to everyone applying.

rk616
Newly Registered

Post by rk616 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:47 pm

Hi, I have been a silent reader of posts and experiences posted in this forum. Thanks a lot to everyone which has contributed to this forum as this immensely helped me to prepare my case. So, it is time to payback with my experience

2. Number of dependants: 2
3. Tot. cost: £4479
4. PEO branch: Solihull
5. Form : Set(O)
6. Documents provided:

- Payment Sheet
- Duly Filled Application form SET (O) With Photographs (Single Set(O) form for Main and Dependants)
- Passport (Current and Previous) - Main Applicant
- Biometric Residence Permit - Main Applicant
- Passports – Dependants
- Biometric Residence Permit – Dependants
- Life in the UK Test Certificate - Main Applicant
- Life in the UK Test Certificate – Dependent
- Original Degree Certificate - Main Applicant
- Points Based Calculator Summary Sheet for English medium - Main Applicant (Tier 2 General PBS)
- Original Degree Certificate – Dependent
- Points Based Calculator Summary Sheet for English medium – Dependent (Tier 2 General PBS)
– Letter from Employer (SOC Code, Salary, Absences from the UK)
- Last 3 months Bank Statements (Original)
– Last 3 month Payslips (Signed and Stamped)
- Last 5 Years P60s (print of e-Copy)
– Marriage Certificate
– Child birth Certificate
– Council Tax Bills (3 Years)
- Water Bills(2 Years)
– Gas and Electricity Bills (2 Years)
- Bank Statements on Joint names (2 Years)
– Dependent Credit Card Bills (2 Years)
– Tenancy Agreement
– NHS Medical Cards

Had my appointment at 1:00 PM so entered UKBA office around 12:40 after parking at John Lewis. Was allocated a token number after going through security check. After waiting for around 20 mins I was called to the counter where a friendly lady asked me about application category and asked me if I want to handover all documents(along with the folder carrying them) with the application which I was not prepared for as I expected her to ask me for individual documents. To avoid handing over entire binder(which included some backup documents) I handed over her index page with list of documents and again she called out all documents from the list on the page which I submitted. No photocopies were submitted even though I was carrying them.
We were asked to wait for biometrics to be taken which took another 30 mins to complete. After biometrics, at around 2 PM we were told that we can go out as it will take around 2 hrs to process the application and they will call when application is processed. After around 2 hrs 10 mins I received a call mentioning I can collect the documents from counter number ?. We went in and were told that our application(s) has been approved. What a relief!!! :lol: and we came out around 4:30 checking my originals which were there except BRPs as new BRPs were expected to arrive within 7 days. Application approval letter was provided.

Received my BRPs on 20th i.e. with in 3 days(excluding weekend).

askhan

Post by askhan » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi Mate,

First of all congrats, looking at the fees amount you paid it mean you have applied the ILR for your kid.
Was he/she born in UK ?

If yes what was the reason of applying ILR as I believe you can apply for MN1,

Please help, Sitting in same boat.

Thanks
A
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

rk616
Newly Registered

Post by rk616 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:29 pm

Hi AsKhan,

Yes, I applied ILR for my daughter as she was born in India. Don't think I was eligible to apply for MN1 for her unless I am missing something.

Thanks
RK

mramay

Post by mramay » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:53 pm

1. Category: Set O Tier 1 (General) Route
3. Total cost: £4479
5. Documents provided:

1 Application Form - Set (O) Version 10/14
2 New Passport (Recently issued Passport from High Commission) and Old Passport
3 Biometric Card
4 Recent Photographs
5 Visa Fees (Paid Online for PEO Appointment)
6 Printed Point Based Calculator Self-Assessment Summary
7 Qualification : UK Masters Degree
8 Previous Earnings and UK Experience: a.  Original 12 months’ Salary Slips
9 Previous Earnings and UK Experience: b. Original 12 months’ Salary Account Bank Statement
10 4 Years P60
11 Previous Earnings and UK Experience: c. Letter from HR
12 Maintenance Fund: b. Original 12 months Saving Account Bank Statement
13 Other Names: Birth Certificate
14 Other Names: Marriage Certificate (Matrimonial Bond in Urdu with its original English Translation)
15 Life in UK Pass Certificate

For Dependants:
1 Dependants's Passports (old + New)
2 Dependants's Resident Permit Cards
3 Recent Photographs
4 Visa Fees (Paid Online for PEO Appointment)
5 Daughter: Dependant Birth Certificate
6 Husband: Marriage Certificate (Matrimonial Bond in Urdu with its original English Translation)
7 Subsistence Relationship: Council Tax Statement
8 Subsistence Relationship: Tenancy Agreement
9 Subsistence Relationship : Joint Account Bank Statement
10 Life in UK Pass Certificate
11 English Language Test

6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years: None
7. Any Additional Comments: My case was pretty straight forward. After biometrics we were called within 20 minutes to collect approval letter an documents :). I had to go for 2 extensions to cover 4 months gap but relieved now.

LivingLondon
Newly Registered

Post by LivingLondon » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:00 pm

I have used this board to glean useful information on my ILR application which was just approved on Friday 23/01/2015. I wanted to post this to return the favor to people in a similar situation, and to help drive exorbitantly-priced lawyers out of business.

Mine was a straightforward application. I come from New York and have been in London eight (8) years: three (3) on student visas and five (5) on a Tier 1 (General) visa. My application was based on the Tier 1. I have maintained continuous employment among three employers, barring the one or two week gap between them. I claimed 45 points in the income category, and 35 for an MSc completed in London. As this exceeded 75 points, I did not claim any age or "UK experience" points. If your profile resembles mine, I would suggest preparing the application yourself.

Summary

1. Category: ILR (Tier 1 General)
3. Total cost: £1,493
4. PEO branch: Lunar House, Croydon
5. Documents provided:
  • a cover letter explaining my case
  • 12 months of payslips
  • 14 months of bank statements
  • Life in the UK Pass Certificate
  • current and previous passports, and BRP card
  • two (2) passport photos with name written on back
  • three (3) employer reference letters on firm letterhead, signed, explaining
    • dates of employment
    • annual leave entitlement
    • any business trips with dates and destinations
  • a table of all trips outside the UK showing
    • page on passport of relevant stamp (if found)
    • purpose of trip: business or leisure
    • sum of days spent on trip outside the UK
    • any intermediary cities on trip
    • the employer at the time
    • dates of trip (entry and exit from UK)
6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years: none

Notes on Prep Time and Activities
  • The immigration lawyer I had used twice before (for Tier 1 and renewal) wanted to charge me £1,500 + VAT.
  • The total time spent, and timing (in days, where T = 23/01/2015) when I began each activity is shown below. For example, the first bullet indicates that I began registering for the exam and appointments 40 days before 23/01/2015 and the activity took 1 hour in total.
    • Registering for the Life in the UK test and the PEO appointment: 1 hour, T - 40
    • Filling out the application and researching guidance from the Internet: 5 hours, T - 40
    • Studying for and taking the Life in the UK test [Note A]: 20 hours, T - 14
    • Chasing bank and employers [Notes B, C]: 5 hours, T - 14
    • Compiling the table of trips outside the UK and checking against passports [Note D]: 20 hours, T - 21
    • Finding and printing out emails of travel bookings as supporting evidence of travel (not submitted) [Note D]: 6 hours, T - 1
    • Checking, compiling, and copying all documents for submission (two copies: one for me, one for PEO): 5 hours, T - 1
I brought my original MSc Certificate, Transcript and two extra photos (from Snappy Snaps) in case they asked for them, but they didn't.

In sum, I spent 62 hours on this, of which I reckon a lawyer could have helped with the (easiest) last two steps comprising 10 hours. So, if your profile looks similar, consider doing it yourself.

Note A: Do not underestimate the content on the test. The book contains 55 pages of British history and is peppered with trivia ranging from the interesting to the ridiculous. The actual test I took did not feature much history which was disappointing as I was prepared to nail these questions. I read the book, took quizzes, took notes, reread the book, reread my notes and took more quizzes. I had someone quiz me and listen to my narratives on British history.

Note B: Employers are prepared to vouch for (i) your dates of employ, (ii) any business trips, and (iii) annual leave leave entitlement. I originally interpreted the guidance as requesting them to vouch for my leisure trips which none of the employers were prepared to do. Evidently, this did not matter in the end.

Note C: Bank statements created a minor scare due to timing. I ordered RBS statements online and they came, but too soon. I then reordered by phone, and they came in a different format. They had the required logo, addresses (mine and theirs) and balances, but the begin and end dates were not explicit and "DUPLICATE" was written near the top. However, the PEO evidently accepted them.

The second statement also arrived two days before the PEO appointment--cutting it very fine. If I ordered them too soon, they would have fallen outside the "calendar month" required. If I ordered them too late, they would not have arrived on time.

If you decide to go to an RBS branch, they will admit that they can see--and thus print out or vouch for--only four months of history. So even if you printed out online statements for the required 12-15 months, they could not supply a letter or stamps certifying any of its content.

I have had this problem every time I have applied for a visa. Unfortunately I don't know a solution. I was simply very lucky the second statement arrived (just) before the PEO appointment.

Note D: I could have perhaps foregone the detail on the travel history, but the bulk of the work would have still fallen on me. I wanted to err on the side of safe as the ILR guidance makes a big deal about accounting for time outside the UK. I summed up the days of annual leave taken (removing weekends and holidays) and demonstrated that it fell within the employers' entitled amounts (25 - 27 days annually).

PEO Experience
  • 08:30: arrive in Croydon for 09:40 appointment, grab a coffee and Egg McMuffin, then make way to Lunar House
  • 09:15: arrive at Lunar House, show appointment confirmation on email, pass through security
  • 09:20: registration desk requests printout of online (WorldPay) confirmation email but accepts the email shown on my phone
  • 09:30: my number is called and I proceed to the nice chap who takes all the originals and one copy; I return to my seat
  • 09:45: my number is called for fingerprinting; I give my fingerprints and the nice woman takes a photo; I return to my seat, and I am then herded to the cafe area
  • 10:45: my number is called (but does not appear on the monitor) and I proceed to the nice Application Inspector who hands me back my originals and gives me the good news; they keep the BRP and a new one is to arrive in 7-10 working days
  • 11:00: I breathe a massive sigh of relief that I'd been holding in for eight years
I had not been asked to explain any aspect of my application. I tried to ply the Inspector for information, beginning with accept/reject stats, but he was firmly opaque. I wanted to review my application for the needed/unneeded pieces (to help in this write-up before you), but he was motioning to get to his next case.

In sum, the staff were very friendly and nice and quick. Processing took under an hour, and I was in and out within three hours. Even a shouting asylum-seeker did not faze security. Also, the whole office had had a revamp since I was last there five years ago, so it's a fairly pleasant place for a wait.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

REQUEST1

Post by REQUEST1 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:11 am

rk616 wrote:Hi, I have been a silent reader of posts and experiences posted in this forum. Thanks a lot to everyone which has contributed to this forum as this immensely helped me to prepare my case. So, it is time to payback with my experience

6. Documents provided:

- Payment Sheet
- Duly Filled Application form SET (O) With Photographs (Single Set(O) form for Main and Dependants)
- Passports – Dependants
- Points Based Calculator Summary Sheet for English medium - Main Applicant (Tier 2 General PBS)
- Points Based Calculator Summary Sheet for English medium – Dependent (Tier 2 General PBS)
– Marriage Certificate
- Water Bills(2 Years)
– Tenancy Agreement
– NHS Medical Cards

Had my appointment at 1:00 PM so entered UKBA office around 12:40 after parking at John Lewis. Was allocated a token number after going through security check. After waiting for around 20 mins I was called to the counter where a friendly lady asked me about application category and asked me if I want to handover all documents(along with the folder carrying them) with the application which I was not prepared for as I expected her to ask me for individual documents. To avoid handing over entire binder(which included some backup documents) I handed over her index page with list of documents and again she called out all documents from the list on the page which I submitted. No photocopies were submitted even though I was carrying them.
We were asked to wait for biometrics to be taken which took another 30 mins to complete. After biometrics, at around 2 PM we were told that we can go out as it will take around 2 hrs to process the application and they will call when application is processed. After around 2 hrs 10 mins I received a call mentioning I can collect the documents from counter number ?. We went in and were told that our application(s) has been approved. What a relief!!! :lol: and we came out around 4:30 checking my originals which were there except BRPs as new BRPs were expected to arrive within 7 days. Application approval letter was provided.

congratulations to you.
kindly let me know if degree certificate and PBS calculator showing 10 points for english is ok to prove for english language test for ILR... iam applying shortly.iam confused about english language test.is degree certificate and pbs calculator summary enough. kindly let me know.much appreciate for your response.
many thanks.
RJ

rk616
Newly Registered

Post by rk616 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:53 am

REQUEST1 wrote:
rk616 wrote:Hi, I have been a silent reader of posts and experiences posted in this forum. Thanks a lot to everyone which has contributed to this forum as this immensely helped me to prepare my case. So, it is time to payback with my experience

6. Documents provided:

- Payment Sheet
- Passports – Dependants
– Marriage Certificate
- Water Bills(2 Years)
– Tenancy Agreement
– NHS Medical Cards

congratulations to you.
kindly let me know if degree certificate and PBS calculator showing 10 points for english is ok to prove for english language test for ILR... iam applying shortly.iam confused about english language test.is degree certificate and pbs calculator summary enough. kindly let me know.much appreciate for your response.
many thanks.
RJ
Yes RJ, that should be fine. As mentioned above these were the only documents I submitted for english language and had no issues.

t1guk
Newly Registered

Post by t1guk » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:13 pm

1. Category: Set O Tier 1 (General) Route
2. Number of dependents: 3
3. Total cost: £5972
5. Documents provided: Application Form: Set (O) Version 10/14
7. Passport(Current and expired)
8. Biometric Cards
9. Photographs
10. Visa Fees(Paid Online for PEO Appointment)
11. Earnings Source 1: Accountant Letter
12. Earnings Source 2: Dividend + Pay slips
13. Earnings Source 3: Personal Bank statements
14. Earnings Source 4: Business Bank statements
15. Self-assessment + P60
16. Corporation Tax returns
17. Invoices, Timesheets and contracts
18. Life in the UK Pass (2)
19. GESE Trinity College for my spouse + Medium of instruction letter for me
20. Birth certificate for children + Marriage certificate
21. Subsistence Relationship: Council Tax Statement, Water, Electricity, Lease
22. Summary letter
23. Evidence of absence from country – Itinerary print out from email. Also, referred to passport stamp in summary letter.

At Croydon PEO
  1. Biggest change is attitude of staff – much more polite this time around!
  2. Entered Croydon PEO at 11.20 – 15 minutes early.
  3. First check at door, then security check, then taken to 3rd floor via lift.
  4. (10 minutes)At reception, they check if you have paid, filled in form, and signed at appropriate places and give you a token number
  5. (10 minutes wait)- Got called at counter 22(?)
  6. (15 minutes) – All documents taken in their own folders. Passports checked. Dependents can be seated in the chairs behind. Then on to biometrics
  7. (10 minutes) – Went smoothly. Photos and fingerprints taken. Adults have to sign with a thick pen and check their details. Then they ask you to wait in the cafe or give your number and you can leave the building and they will call you.
  8. (70 minutes) – Awaiting Biometric verification. Seems their system was down. They admitted as such.
  9. (1 minute) – Awaiting consideration
  10. (50-60 minutes) – Under consideration
  11. Token called out at counter 44. Application approved. Checked and collected documents and left the building. Around 2.20 or so.
  12. I don't recommend sitting in the cafe area. People are quite tensed and it is quite crowded. Better to go for a walk or visit shops on the high street which is next door. Especially if you don't have children. The only thing is you'll have to go through the security check again.
Waiting for Biometric card

There are so many who have helped with their answers to people's questions. Thanks to all!

rudolfmelissa0821
Newly Registered

Post by rudolfmelissa0821 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:51 pm

Hi, I Just want to share my husband's application today and i am very thankful for this forum and the moderators who are very helpful and those who replied on my messages. God bless! I hope this would help everyone!

1. Category: PBS Dependant Tier 2
2. Number of dependants: 0
3. Tot. cost: £1493
6. Documents provided:

- Payment Sheet
- Application form SET (O) With Photographs
- Passport (Current and Previous) - Husband
- Biometric Residence Permit - Husband and My ILR
- Life in the UK Test Certificate
- B1 English Qualification
- Last 3 months Bank Statements (Joint Statment)
-temporary bank statement from HsBC with cover letter
– Last 4 month Payslips
– Marriage Certificate
– Council Tax Bills (5 Years)
– Tenancy Agreements for the last 5 years
- husband's P60s
– NHS Letters, appointments, immunization records from employer
-certificates of employment( both)
-drivers license, uknaric comparability, hmrc docs

leavetoremain

Post by leavetoremain » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:20 pm

Successful application and nearly kicked out of the building :)

1. Category: Tier 2 Migrant to ILR (applied 23 days before 5 years completion)
2. Number of dependants: 1
3. Total Cost: £2986 only :shock:
6. Documents provided:

Don't go through Solicitor unless your case is.complicated. Don't listen to anyone who says you must apply ILR for child if born in the UK and has a foreign passport. Don't worry about working for your previous employer during notice period under new CoS.

- Print out of the appointment email
- Payment Sheet
- Application form SET (O) With Photographs (45 mm x 35 mm)
- Passports (Current and Previous)
- Biometric Residence Permit
- Life in the UK Test Certificates
- Degree Certificates
-Marriage Certificate
- Last 6 months Bank Statements (Dependent)
-Council Tax Statements
-NHS Registration Cards
–12 months Payslips
–12 months Bank Statement
- P60s
-certificates of employment

Check-in - 13:50
Reception - 14:00
Registration - 14:15
Biometrics - 14:30
Awaiting consideration - 14:35 - 16:45
Caseworker calls me asking where the employment docs are - which were in the file :shock:
Under consideration - 16:50
Pick up call - 17:45
Checkout - 18:00 :)

ToneGen

Post by ToneGen » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:14 am

sunny1982 wrote:Hi All
We received our ILR on 12/12/2014 at Solihull PSC . Here are our details
• Category - Tier 1 General
1. Date of First Visa approval – 06/01/2010 (Date of Expiry – 06/01/2013)
2. Date of Arrival to UK – 16/01/2010
3. Date of Extension – 19/12/2012 (Date of Expiry – 06/01/2015)
4. Date of ILR application – 12/12/2014
• Number of Dependants – 1
• Total Cost - £2986
• PSC branch – Solihull
• Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years – No
• Documents submitted
1. Form Set O version 10/14
2. Online payment Sheet
3. Photographs – 2 each (Applicant & Dependant with full name written on back of each)
4. Passport – 3 ( 2 Applicant (Current & Expired) + 1 Dependant)
5. BRP Cards (Applicant + Dependant)
6. LIUK Test Pass Certificate (Applicant + Dependant)
7. IELTS Certificate (Applicant + Dependant)
8. Master Degree Certificate (Applicant)
9. PBS Summary Sheet (Applicant)
10. Bachelor Degree Certificate (Dependant)
11. PBS Summary Sheet (Dependant – to prove degree was taught in English)
12. Mortgage Statements from Halifax
13. Salary Slips (12 months)
14. Corresponding bank Statements
15. Employer Letter (stating employed currently with no unpaid leave absences)
16. Absences from UK (Self letter as I changed 4 jobs not able to get letter – 63 days in 5 years)
17. Home office Tier 1 Extension letter (Applicant + Dependant)
18. Marriage Certificate
19. NHS Registration and Cards
20. Joint Bank Statements (last 3 years)
21. HMRC Letter (Applicant + Dependant)
22. Voter Cards (Applicant + Dependant)
23. License & Counterpart (Applicant + Dependant)
• Additional Comments
1. Appointment Time - 9:10 am
2. Time of Arrival at PSC – 8:00 am
3. Time of Visa approval - 11:00 am
Hi Sunny please help me with a simple question,I have my application next week at Solihull.

How to take the recognized degree print out from PBS page for my dependent? I mean Do I need to go through steps like Tier1 category/date of 1st application/HSMP yes or no/applying to extend etc?
please share a print out you produced with blurring your personal details from it..
I hope its all fresh in your mind and will help me with my application greatly..

Thankuu

sam_tier1
Newly Registered

Post by sam_tier1 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:43 pm

1. Category: ILR (Tier 1 General)
3. Total cost: £1,493
4. PEO branch: Lunar House, Croydon

5. Documents provided:
a. Cover Letter, explaining absences over past 5 years and salary earned in last 12 months.
b. Application form + photograph
c. 12 months salary slips
d. 12 months bank statements
e. Life in the UK Pass Certificate
f. Current + Previous passports
g. Tier 1 BRP
g. Employer reference letters from current and past employer, with annual leave and business trip dates, salary and date of employment.

Appointment was scheduled for 9:10AM and I arrived early around 8:45. Was allowed inside even though I was a bit early and was promptly directed by security to reception desk. Then went to submit my application form and documents, followed by Biometrics. Waited in the cafeteria with a coffee for a short while before being called back in. The documents were handled back to me with the approval letter and I was outside the building by 9:45AM!! The BRP was delivered by DX Secure a few days later.

Thank you everyone for the great and very useful forum! It has been very helpful over the past 5 years, right from the time I applied for my Tier-1 till now :)