ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

askhan

Re: Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Post by askhan » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:42 pm

Apologies I forgot you mention this before.

Your answer would be. NO and explain in covering letter.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

smanz0411
BANNED

Post by smanz0411 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:44 pm

Hi, Got my ILR approved today, my case is listed here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1205343
I applied 27 days before my 5th anniversary of EC date.
Category : Tier 2 (G)
Main Applicant - Full time salaried employee for all qualifying years same employer, but contracted (not permanent)
No. of dependants : 1
PSC : Solihull
Fees paid : 1900 + 1900 = £3800
No . of leaves in all 5 years : less than 180
Level of case complexity : None
Date of Appointment and time : 14th July 2015 at 10:00

Here is how it went.

945 - Reached Solihull PSC as appointment was at 10:00,
10:00 - Allowed inside using Airport security style checks
10:15 - Sent for Passport/BRP card and payment verification
10:30 - Case registered, All documents taken
10:35 - Sent for Biometrics
10:45 - Asked to go out and expect a call within 2 hours
10:45 - 12:30 Headed for breakfast/ lunch etc, Plenty of options around.
12:30 -Call received documents ready for collection
12:35 - Airport style entry again.
12:40 - Called to desk where approval letters and docs were asked to collect and sign on two pages with Name/Address/DOB verification. BRP to be sent within 7 to 10 working days.
12:45 - Left PSC

Notes: Stayed in Premier inn nearby the previous night as I live far from Solihull.
Keep documents simple. They kep all my photocopies. Asked about why I didnt include my child. The answer was he was UK born. overall experience is good, staff there are very friendly and welcoming.
Will be happy to help anyone with further info. Good luck!

tatetate

Post by tatetate » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

Can someone confirm exactly how long did it take you to get your ILR CARD in post after same day approval at peo.

Thanks in advance

WR1

Post by WR1 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:42 pm

tatetate wrote:Hi Everyone,

Can someone confirm exactly how long did it take you to get your ILR CARD in post after same day approval at peo.

Thanks in advance
Received mine in a couple of days (ILR appointment on Tuesday, BRP card arrived on Thursday).

Obviously, this will vary and officially it is stated it should arrive within 7 days and if not arrived in 10 days, then to contact UKVI.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

tatetate

Post by tatetate » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:04 am

WR1 wrote:

Thanks in advance
Received mine in a couple of days (ILR appointment on Tuesday, BRP card arrived on Thursday).

Obviously, this will vary and officially it is stated it should arrive within 7 days and if not arrived in 10 days, then to contact UKVI.
Thanks, Got ours in 48 hours!

jonbca

Post by jonbca » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:46 pm

1. Category.
Set (O) based on Tier 1 General
2. Number of dependents.[*]
None
3. Total cost.
£1900
4. PEO branch.
Glasgow
5. Documents provided.
  • Payslips (12)
  • Bank statements (12)
  • Employer references (2)
  • Employer absence letters (2)
  • Covering letter
  • LitUK pass letter
6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years.
No

I arrived for my Friday 1:30 appointment at 1:15. Got let into the building and arrived at security where I took out my wallet, keys, and phone. The guard motioned me through the metal detector (which he mentioned wasn't working anyway), and another guard ran a wand over me. He asked me if I had one of those new idiot-phone 6s because he was looking to buy a new phone (I don't).

Then I went in to the waiting area and spoke with the guy at the desk who asked me what application I was making, on what basis, and gave me a number (#109). After about 5 minutes, they called my number and I handed over my papers. The guy was friendly and professional, asked me if I had everything. I told him I didn't fill in the payment sheet, and he said that was fine. He told me that I should go take a seat, and he's going to create a case for me in the system and I'll be called up for biometrics shortly.

About ten minutes later my number was called. I went into the biometrics room, and had to fill in a short form again asking if I'd ever been known by any other names, and if/where I'd had my fingerprints done before for immigration. I did my finger prints, then turned around for the photo. He told me to "look at the Hello Kitty" which made me smile, then he told me not to smile, which made me laugh. There is a Hello Kitty doll on top of the camera, for some reason.

I walked back into the waiting room and perused the 2 month old copies of Look and Heat magazines. I watched the guy at the desk drink a pint of milk and eat cake. He appeared to get bored of BBC 1, so started changing the channel. He stopped on the golf for a bit, then switched to Countdown, and finally stopped on Spartacus. Nobody was paying attention, because the 6 other people in the waiting room were all on their phones. It was a huge waiting room, and totally empty. It looked like it had been freshly renovated, with new blue carpets and fancy lighting.

After about an hour, my number moved from "Awaiting biometric verification" to "Under consideration". I commented to my partner that "Oh, I've moved up!" And Desk Guy leaned in and said that it had been decided; they were just waiting for the caseworker to finish up.

I collected my papers, chatted with the caseworker briefly, he invited me to join the Registered Traveller programme, and sent me on my way. I was out by 3:00, so a total of 1.5 hours.

eugeneclh
Newly Registered

Post by eugeneclh » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:30 pm

1. Category.
None
3. Total cost.
£1900
4. PEO branch.
Croydon
5. Documents provided.

Accountants Letter & Summary of Earnings
Payslips & Dividend Vouchers
Personal Bank statements
Business Bank statements
Buiness Invoices for the period claimed
LitUK pass letter
Letter of Absences (personally written with pages of the passport indicating relevant entry/exit stamps) including count of full days away and split of absences across the 5 years
Passports (covering the whole 5 years) and BRP

None

Appointment Booked: 830am
Entered UKBA Office: 8am
Case Registration Complete: 845am
Biometrics Complete: 910am
Biometric check Complete and Case Allocated: 922am
Case Decision Made: 10am
Decision Letter Received: 1012am and out!

Awaiting BRP now.

never

Post by never » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:34 pm

eugeneclh wrote:1. Category.
None
3. Total cost.
£1900
4. PEO branch.
Croydon
5. Documents provided.

Personal Bank statements
Business Bank statements
LitUK pass letter
Letter of Absences (personally written with pages of the passport indicating relevant entry/exit stamps) including count of full days away and split of absences across the 5 years

None

Awaiting BRP now.
Hi congratulation

have HO demand any tax returns or any documents From HMRC awaiting ur reply

FayEng

Post by FayEng » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:46 pm

Hi

They do not ask any such document.

Fay

usbukhari

Post by usbukhari » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:32 am

Hi eugeneclh

congrats on your ILR,
I am applying for my ILR on 28th July on Tier 1 (G) Aug2010 - Aug2015 (5 years basis)

can you please share Letter of Absences Format or send me a sample to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks
Syed

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

silk route

Post by silk route » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:35 pm

eugeneclh wrote:1. Category.
None
3. Total cost.
£1900
4. PEO branch.
Croydon
5. Documents provided.

Personal Bank statements
Business Bank statements
LitUK pass letter

None

Awaiting BRP now.
Hi eugeneclh,

Congratulation !!!
A quick question. How easy to get an appointment in Croydon? I mean, how many days in advance should i start searching for an appointment ?

Chase53

Post by Chase53 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:08 pm

Now a days its very easy to get appointments, you can even get the date just 2 days before. Normally the dates are released 42 days prior to each date.

silk route

Post by silk route » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:28 pm

Chase53 wrote:Now a days its very easy to get appointments, you can even get the date just 2 days before. Normally the dates are released 42 days prior to each date.
Thank you Chase53

usbukhari

Post by usbukhari » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi Everyone,

We got ILR yesterday Alhamdullilah

Here is the info:

2. Number of dependent > [1]
3. Total cost > £3800
4. PEO branch. > Croydon
5. Documents provided.
Payslips (12)
Personal Bank statements (12)
Business Bank statements (12)
Accountant Letter
Dividend Vouchers
Covering letter
LitUK pass letter
IELTS (expired, the same I used for initial application)
No

Appointment Booked: 10:15am
Entered UKBA Office: 9:30am
Case Registration Complete: 9:45am
Biometrics Complete: 10:00am
Biometric check Complete and Case Allocated: 10:15am
Case Decision Made: 12:00
Decision Letter Received: 12:15 and m out 12:30

Happy to assist anyone who is going to apply soon.

vvvveeee
Newly Registered

Post by vvvveeee » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:23 pm

Can you please tell me how many points you got for ur age? is the points same as the age points you got when u apply for the first grant, even tough your current age does not give any points. I am asking this as for confirmation as I claimed 5 points for my age when I first applied( my age that time 35), even for extension same 5(my age 37 that time), now my age is 40 I will not get any points for my age now, but I came to know thr. the forum and the guidelines document, I can claim the same points for age when I first grated Tier 1 G, i.e 5 points at the time of ILR in coming November.

silk route

Post by silk route » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:39 am

vvvveeee wrote:Can you please tell me how many points you got for ur age? is the points same as the age points you got when u apply for the first grant, even tough your current age does not give any points. I am asking this as for confirmation as I claimed 5 points for my age when I first applied( my age that time 35), even for extension same 5(my age 37 that time), now my age is 40 I will not get any points for my age now, but I came to know thr. the forum and the guidelines document, I can claim the same points for age when I first grated Tier 1 G, i.e 5 points at the time of ILR in coming November.
vvveeee,

Yes, you are correct. You will get the points for your age at the time of first grant.

silk route

c3p0
Newly Registered

Post by c3p0 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:32 am

rootcause1984 wrote:1.
*Absences letter-No proof attached-total absence in these 5 years are only 86 days-all are for my personal purpose only.
Did you provide employers' letters as evidence of absences?

Guildfordman1
Newly Registered

Post by Guildfordman1 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:43 pm

WR1 wrote:

Thanks in advance

Anyone you know of who applied on 10 years long residency basis 28 days prior to 10 years qualifying period on Premium service? I am not asking about postal application :)

uk-ilr
Newly Registered

Post by uk-ilr » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:38 pm

Hello All

I am a silent reader of this forum and I have a good news to share! I got my ILR approved yesterday at Croydon PEO/PSC. My experience was a great one, very smooth and no questions asked! Staff were very helpful and key is to hold the nerves and wear a smile where possible if not share a joke/ light words i.e. remain positive!

My back ground/ case details are as follows:

Type: Long residence (10 years), First entered UK 20.08.2005 (so an individual can apply at PEO 28 days before 10 years same as postal application)

Immigration History: Student, PSW, Tier 1 (General)

Documents submitted:
1. Form SET (LR) - Typed in PDF to make case worker's life easy and in return mine :D
2. 2 Passports
3. BRP
4. BSc Degree Certifiacte and associated letters from University
5. LIUK certificate
6. Spreadsheet showing passport stamps and yearly breakdown of absences from UK (well within allowed limits but to make case workers life easy)
7. Travel itineraries as some stamps on the passports were not clearly visible

I did NOT submit covering letter as my case was a straightforward and clean one.

Any questions, please ask and I will try to answer them. All the best to those yet to apply.

Cheers

H

Guildfordman1
Newly Registered

Post by Guildfordman1 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:19 pm

uk-ilr wrote:Hello All

I am a silent reader of this forum and I have a good news to share! I got my ILR approved yesterday at Croydon PEO/PSC. My experience was a great one, very smooth and no questions asked! Staff were very helpful and key is to hold the nerves and wear a smile where possible if not share a joke/ light words i.e. remain positive!

Type: Long residence (10 years), First entered UK 20.08.2005 (so an individual can apply at PEO 28 days before 10 years same as postal application)

Documents submitted:
1. Form SET (LR) - Typed in PDF to make case worker's life easy and in return mine :D
2. 2 Passports
3. BRP
5. LIUK certificate
6. Spreadsheet showing passport stamps and yearly breakdown of absences from UK (well within allowed limits but to make case workers life easy)

I did NOT submit covering letter as my case was a straightforward and clean one.

Any questions, please ask and I will try to answer them. All the best to those yet to apply.

Cheers

H
First off, Congratulations for getting settlement visa!!

Secondly, I was bit worried whether or not you can apply 28 days prior to 10 years qualifying period. So in your case you also applied almost 15 days prior to qualify the 10 years period using premium service and got yours. So I can safely apply 28 days prior to 10 years qualifying period using premium service?

How you typed in PDF version of the application please ?

Thanks and congratulations again

kashiuk1
Newly Registered

Post by kashiuk1 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:27 pm

first of all congratulations for ilr,i just want to ask what questions were asked ,i have same case like you but have one allowed appeal as well

Documents submitted:
2. 2 Passports
3. BRP
5. LIUK certificate

Cheers

H[/quote]

Secondly, I was bit worried whether or not you can apply 28 days prior to 10 years qualifying period. So in your case you also applied almost 15 days prior to qualify the 10 years period using premium service and got yours. So I can safely apply 28 days prior to 10 years qualifying period using premium service?

Thanks and congratulations again[/quote]

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:53 pm

Hello uk-ilr,

Thanks for sharing your positive experience with us.

I have my appointment soon. My simple question is the following:
In the paper SET(LR) application form, did you simply ignore the payment section? There is nowhere to say that you have already paid your fee online?

Regards,
S

kashiuk1
Newly Registered

Post by kashiuk1 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:55 pm

yes mate you dont need to fill if you paid onilne

In the paper SET(LR) application form, did you simply ignore the payment section? There is nowhere to say that you have already paid your fee online?

Regards,
S[/quote]

uk-ilr
Newly Registered

Post by uk-ilr » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:30 pm

sussexguy wrote:Hello uk-ilr,

Regards,
S
Thanks. Yes I ignored it as I had clarified that with Home Office beforehand. Included a copy of online payment sheet before the payment page.

uk-ilr
Newly Registered

Post by uk-ilr » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:34 pm

kashiuk1 wrote:first of all congratulations for ilr,i just want to ask what questions were asked ,i have same case like you but have one allowed appeal as well

No questions asked to me!! I didn't have any appeal or visa problems at all. You may want to wait to hear from other experts but I believe every case is different and no body knows whether you will be asked questions or not.

Documents submitted:
2. 2 Passports
3. BRP
5. LIUK certificate

Cheers

H

Thanks and congratulations again[/quote][/quote]