ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Threshold income for dependent- Please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nisha125
Newly Registered

Threshold income for dependent- Please help

Post by nisha125 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:01 am

I have to start by saying a massive thank you to people on this board who are ever do helpful.

I have recently applied for ILR 10 route. I was on T2 visa when I made application but unfortunately my work has gone bust since then.

I was told that it shouldn't be a problem for my application as I had applied when I had a valid visa and the decision would be made accordingly, if approved I will get the ILR if not then 60 days curtailment.

Now my problem is I will not be able to legally work for almost 6 months or until I hear from Home Office which means no income for me. In case my ILR application is approved, can we apply for his ILR Dependent application if he is the sole earner and earns above the minimum income requirement? He came to UK after the new rule came in to affect.
or
Will I have to wait to find a job and earn the required income to process his application?

I know it is a long shot but just wanted to know my options please advice.

Many Thanks
Nisha

Obie
Ireland

Re: Threshold income for dependent- Please help

Post by Obie » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:03 pm

His income will be counted, provided it is derived from lawful means. If he was dependent on your tier 2 , then perhaps his right to employment may not be lawful.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

nisha125
Newly Registered

Re: Threshold income for dependent- Please help

Post by nisha125 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:01 am

Hi Obie,

Thank you for your help.