ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent to ILR Questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sonirulz

Tier 1 Dependent to ILR Questions

Post by sonirulz » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:43 pm

Hello Members,

My husband is on PBS Dependant under Tier 1 entrepreneur visa. He will be applying for ILR along with me.

I have the following questions:

1. Does he require english language test even though he has been staying here for last 3 years?

2. If yes, can we get his India qualification checked by NARIC for eligibility for english? Will that be eligible?

Thanks
Soni

Casa

Re: Depedant ILR visa

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:57 pm

sonirulz wrote:Hello Members,

My husband is on PBS Dependant under Tier 1 entrepreneur visa. He will be applying for ILR along with me.

1. Does he require english language test even though he has been staying here for last 3 years?

2. If yes, can we get his India qualification checked by NARIC for eligibility for english? Will that be eligible?

Thanks
Soni
You will both require the Life in the UK test + B1 level English or a NARIC ELA (RED ROUTE).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 Dependent to ILR Questions

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:00 pm

Are you applying for ILR on the Tier 1 Ent accelerated 3 year route?

When did partner come to the UK as a PBS Dependent? What UK visas has he held?

All ILR applicants must meet the B1 English requirement with either an HO approved test or NARIC ELA - the RED route application. Both routes cost the same.

Living in the UK for X number of years does not exempt anyone from the requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sonirulz

Post by sonirulz » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:42 pm

CR001 wrote:Are you applying for ILR on the Tier 1 Ent accelerated 3 year route?

When did partner come to the UK as a PBS Dependent? What UK visas has he held?

All ILR applicants must meet the B1 English requirement with either an HO approved test or NARIC ELA - the RED route application. Both routes cost the same.

Living in the UK for X number of years does not exempt anyone from the requirement.
I will be applying for ILR in 5 years route.

My partner came in the UK in 2013 before I applied for my initial Entrepreneur visa. So he initially cam in as PSW Dependent and then applied together as Tier 1 entrepreneur dependent.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:44 pm

Your partner requires 5 years residence to qualify for ILR. 3 years is not sufficient and it will be refused as he falls under the rules in place from 9th July 2012.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sonirulz

Post by sonirulz » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:49 pm

CR001 wrote:Your partner requires 5 years residence to qualify for ILR. 3 years is not sufficient and it will be refused as he falls under the rules in place from 9th July 2012.
Yes we are aware of that. We are due 2 more years. But he wants to start preparing fro it from now so that things are not being left fro the last minute. So on NARIC website can see few services:

1. Des he get his UK NARIC statements, custom-designed for immigration purposes, that confirm your academic qualification level and/or English language proficiency – as appropriate for your personal circumstances and immigration route. All the key information required by Home Office UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) case workers is presented clearly.

2. or have exam?

Bit confused. Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Soni

Casa

Re: Depedant ILR visa

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:55 pm

Casa wrote:
sonirulz wrote:Hello Members,

Thanks
Soni
You will both require the Life in the UK test + B1 level English or a NARIC ELA (RED ROUTE).
As in my post above. Either B1 level English OR a NARIC ELA - Red Route.

A great deal may change in the 2 years before your husband qualifies for ILR, including the English language requirements. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sonirulz

Post by sonirulz » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:04 pm

IELTS exam is accepted as B1 exam?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:12 pm

Yes if it's on the UKVI approved list of tests/test providers. Bear in mind that this is the current list which may change in the 2 years before ILR is applied for. Also bear in mind there are different levels of the IELTS test, not all are B1.

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications
(Casa, not CR001)

sonirulz

Post by sonirulz » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:15 pm

Thanks for your advice. How do I get SELT reference number.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:19 pm

sonirulz wrote:Thanks for your advice. How do I get SELT reference number.
Has your husband passed an IELTS B1 level test? Some tests have a 2 year expiry date.
(Casa, not CR001)

sonirulz

Post by sonirulz » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:20 pm

He did take IELTS few year back.

I have my qualification from UK university do I also require these exams?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:27 pm

sonirulz wrote:He did take IELTS few year back. Your husband may have taken the test before SELT references were issued.
What is the unique reference number?
From 6 April 2015 all candidates who pass a
SELT test will be issued with a unique
reference number. This number will be used to
identify the candidate and to verify their results

I have my qualification from UK university do I also require these exams? No. Just the Life in the UK test
(Casa, not CR001)