ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) accelerated ILR queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jpsakhrani
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) accelerated ILR queries

Post by jpsakhrani » Tue May 03, 2016 12:44 pm

Hi,
I am on a Tier 1 entrepreneur visa since may 2013 and started a company being a director. I am eligible for fast track ILR application as my turnover filed in first 2 years of operation was 5mn and 6mn GBP respectively. I also have more than 10 employees who are UK resident. I have following questions if anyone can help me please (thanks in advance)
1) Do i need to give an IELTS for applying for my ILR? I have already appeared and passed IESTS in 2013 before applying for my Tier 1?
2) My wife also came with me as an entrepreneur dependent. Can she apply for ILR or she will just be eligible just for extension?
3) My daughter was born in London in Sept 2014. Can she apply for a British passport once i get my ILR? Or will she too need an extension only for the time being and apply for passport once my wife gets an ILR?
4) Time taken for fast track Tier 1 to ILR application?

Any help on the above questions from anyone would be appreciated

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Is IELTS necessary for Tier 1 extention?

Post by zimba » Tue May 03, 2016 12:56 pm

I assume here that you want to apply for accelerated ILR.
1) Do i need to give an IELTS for applying for my ILR? I have already appeared and passed IESTS in 2013 before applying for my Tier 1?
2) My wife also came with me as an entrepreneur dependent. Can she apply for ILR or she will just be eligible just for extension?
You need to demonstrate that you meet language criteria for ILR. This is covered in detail on ILR forums English language FAQ here; http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 93792.html
3) My daughter was born in London in Sept 2014. Can she apply for a British passport once i get my ILR? Or will she too need an extension only for the time being and apply for passport once my wife gets an ILR?
Yes. She will be eligible for British citizenship when you get your ILR.
No specific time frame on this. It could be few weeks to several months.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jpsakhrani
Newly Registered

Re: Is IELTS necessary for Tier 1 extention?

Post by jpsakhrani » Tue May 03, 2016 1:17 pm

Thanks for your reply

Yes my application is for accelerated ILR but i was just wondering whether i would need to give my IELTS again as i had already given it before and cleared as well before applying my initial TIER 1 extention

Your information has been of great help to me. Thanks once again
zimba88 wrote:I assume here that you want to apply for accelerated ILR.
You need to demonstrate that you meet language criteria for ILR. This is covered in detail on ILR forums English language FAQ here; http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 93792.html
Yes. She will be eligible for British citizenship when you get your ILR.
No specific time frame on this. It could be few weeks to several months.

geriatrix

Re: Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) accelerated ILR queries

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 03, 2016 1:31 pm

1. As suggested above, read through the FAQs.
2. She will qualify after having lived in the UK for 5 years as your dependant. She should continue to extend PBS dependant leave until such time that she becomes eligible for settlement.
3. Only British citizens can apply for British passport. See Q33 - Q36.
4. As already suggested above.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Wed May 04, 2016 5:04 pm

I believe if your wife came as your dependant when you initially entered this route then she will be eligible for ilr right along with you.
My spouse, kids and I all received our ilr via entrepreneur accelerated route in 3 years.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 04, 2016 6:40 pm

sajjuz wrote:I believe if your wife came as your dependant when you initially entered this route then she will be eligible for ilr right along with you.
My spouse, kids and I all received our ilr via entrepreneur accelerated route in 3 years.
Looking at your previous posts, your dependent(s) came to the UK before the rules changed in July 2012 where only 2 years residence was required for PBS Dependents. The OP and dependents in this thread have Tier 1 Ent since 2013, so the 5 year rule applies to the dependents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.