ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 PBS Dependent Extension For Wife Before April 2015

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zeeshah2013
Newly Registered

Tier 1 PBS Dependent Extension For Wife Before April 2015

Post by zeeshah2013 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 am

Hi There,

I switched from Tier 1 General Migrant visa in Dec 2014 to ILR successfully .(5 year route)

My wife is currently on Tier 1 dependent Visa which expires in Jun 2015 and was granted in Oct 2013.

I need to know if i would be applying for an extension for her Tier 1 Visa ?
Or do i have to change her Visa Category from Tier 1 to ILR Dependent (Given im now on ILR)?

Which forms i have to use in above mentioned cases?
Also if switching category, would her time on Tier 1 Dependent count towards 5 year continuous residence period to be able to be eligible for ILR ?

Please advise as to the best route

On top, just found out that tier 1 general visa will be closing down.

Does this also apply for Dependents as well ?

If she gets here extension, they normally will give you for 3 years so she wont be able to complete 5 years as she
would be short by few months? What to do then ? Apply again ?

Pleas advise whats the best way forwarded for this ?

Thanks,
Zee
Last edited by zeeshah2013 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zeeshah2013
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 PBS Dependent Extension For Wife Before April 201

Post by zeeshah2013 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:07 pm

would appreciate if someone can advise please regarding this matter

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:09 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zeeshah2013
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshah2013 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:47 am

Hey Vinny,

Thanks for the information. Cost is not an issue here as i can extend her on pbs if only she would be eligible for ILR in oct 2018. Given the new rules (no ilr after 2018 apr), do you think she would be ok ?

If it does not affect her as a PBS dependant, i can continue her on pbs route otherwise will switch category

Thanks,
Zee

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:53 pm

PBS dependants should be okay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

ASHA607

Post by ASHA607 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:15 pm

Really sorry to jumping in your post. Posting here because it will help both Zeshan and myself. Hi Vinny. I got ILR today successfully at Croydon Peo under 5 year economic tier 1 rule. It was a straight forward case . However many thanks to this forum as I got all help from here.specially you, CR001 and Amber. Now I have to extend my wife's visa which is exactly like Zee hah2013. My wife came UK on 9th September we 13th in pbs dependent visa. It will expire on 15th May 2015. I have to extend under pas dependent and I know it will cost more and I have to do 2 extension only for 5 months balancing for 5 years. Now VInny[quote][/quote] could you please tell me the procedure how to apply. I want to apply through post.
1. Can I apply through online and then print out or just print the form fill it up and apply
2. Could you please guide me the accurate guidance and form. It will be highly appreciated

m8madhav
Newly Registered

Post by m8madhav » Fri May 29, 2015 12:44 pm

ASHA607 wrote:Really sorry to jumping in your post. Posting here because it will help both Zeshan and myself. Hi Vinny. I got ILR today successfully at Croydon Peo under 5 year economic tier 1 rule. It was a straight forward case . However many thanks to this forum as I got all help from here.specially you, CR001 and Amber. Now I have to extend my wife's visa which is exactly like Zee hah2013. My wife came UK on 9th September we 13th in pbs dependent visa. It will expire on 15th May 2015. I have to extend under pas dependent and I know it will cost more and I have to do 2 extension only for 5 months balancing for 5 years. Now VInny
could you please tell me the procedure how to apply. I want to apply through post.
1. Can I apply through online and then print out or just print the form fill it up and apply
2. Could you please guide me the accurate guidance and form. It will be highly appreciated

Hi,

I dodnt think so, you can apply dependent VISA extension to your wife, but you can do FLR(M) which will reset the period of your previous staty, i m also facing same issue, because once you become ILR then you can not apply for your partnent and child as pbs dependent if i am correct, you should need to apply for FLR(M) both partener and child and then need to wait for another 5 years .

Here only one doubt is for me if he /she (partner ) already stayed some period as PBS dependednt will that period is countable for ILR or definately the counter is zero from swtiching extension from PBS dependednt to FLR?

Thanks
Madhava

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 30, 2015 1:00 am

m8madhav wrote:because once you become ILR then you can not apply for your partnent and child as pbs dependent if i am correct, you should need to apply for FLR(M) both partener and child and then need to wait for another 5 years .
That's incorrect, unless you were granted ILR under Long residence.