Tier 1 Post Study Work + Tier 2 General (5 years total)

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).

This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, sbrennan

Tier 1 Post Study Work + Tier 2 General (5 years total)

Postby MBel » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:02 pm


I have studied in the UK and graduated in 2011. I applied for the 2 year post-study work visa which used to be offered to international students. I was on this visa from 2011 to 2013.

When this visa expired the company I was working for then sponsored me and I switched to a Tier 2 visa from 2013.

I was working for the same company from 2011 until now. Can I apply for indefinite leave to remain on this basis (Tier 1 post-study work visa + Tier 2) as this period covers 5 years?

Thank you in advance
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:06 pm

Re: Tier 1 Post Study Work + Tier 2 General (5 years total)

Postby CR001 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:09 pm

No, you cannot apply for ILR using the PSW & Tier 2 combination to make up 5 years. PSW does not count or lead to ILR except for ILR based on 10 years long residence.

For ILR based on 5 years residence, you need 5 years on Tier 2 General.
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.
Posts: 21221
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London

Return to Indefinite Leave to Remain


  • Related topics
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bigben1982, Yahoo [Bot] and 21 guests