ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Post Study Work + Tier 2 General (5 years total)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MBel
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Post Study Work + Tier 2 General (5 years total)

Post by MBel » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:02 pm

Hello,

I have studied in the UK and graduated in 2011. I applied for the 2 year post-study work visa which used to be offered to international students. I was on this visa from 2011 to 2013.

When this visa expired the company I was working for then sponsored me and I switched to a Tier 2 visa from 2013.

I was working for the same company from 2011 until now. Can I apply for indefinite leave to remain on this basis (Tier 1 post-study work visa + Tier 2) as this period covers 5 years?

Thank you in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 Post Study Work + Tier 2 General (5 years total)

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:09 pm

No, you cannot apply for ILR using the PSW & Tier 2 combination to make up 5 years. PSW does not count or lead to ILR except for ILR based on 10 years long residence.

For ILR based on 5 years residence, you need 5 years on Tier 2 General.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.