ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier (1) to FLR (M) and then to SET(M) or FLR (M) again?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gauravkukreja
Newly Registered

Tier (1) to FLR (M) and then to SET(M) or FLR (M) again?

Post by gauravkukreja » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:12 am

Hi,

need someone's help as really confused.

- Wife came on Tier 1 in Jun 2010
- We got married in Sep 2011
- We converted her visa to Spouse visa via FLR (M) in Apr'13 before expiry of her Tier 1 (I got settled and naturalised as British citizen by that time via Tier 1 route)

Her FLR (M) is expiring in Oct 2015 this year. I was thinking that we should be able to apply for ILR now (after 2 years on partner visa) but going through some forms to realize that I may need to go through 5 year route? Can someone confirm please as that doesn't seem to make sense as Tier 1 is not taken into consideration at all?

So what visa should I need to apply for her now? and when will she be eligible for ILR?

Thanks for your help in advance. will wait for responses.

Gaurav

vinny

Re: Tier (1) to FLR (M) and then to SET(M) or FLR (M) again?

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:04 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.