ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 to ILR for Dependant - Public Fund Usage

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ram14esh

Tier-1 to ILR for Dependant - Public Fund Usage

Post by ram14esh » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:44 am

I am in the process of applying ILR for my dependants (spouse and kids). Just wanted to understand how to check if my spouse has used any public funds as this is against Tier-1/ILR policy. My spouse has NI number and looking for job but have not got a job yet. So will it create any problems as even though my spouse has NI number but not paying any taxes as not in the job yet. Also attending many training courses via other local non-profit organisations to get a job. will it be considered as usage of public funds? if any one can help us to understand it would be helpful for preparing necessary documents before applying ILR. For kids ILR it should not be a problem I guess.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier-1 to ILR for Dependant - Public Fund Usage

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:13 am

None of what you have stated is an issue or 'public funds'.

Unless she has claimed jobseekers allowance or child benefit etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:01 pm

thanks moderator I was concerned for the reason they often request NI number and they stress only if she has NI number then she can attend the training and even though we gave the copy of the visa which states 'no course to public funds' only recently they noticed and said that now she is not eligible for certain trainings but still eligible for other trainings as these are funded by European union funds so we were bit worried.From your response the understanding is that it should not be a problem as these trainings are not considered to be usage of public funds?is there a way we can check if any entry has gone against her NI number?if so which would be seen by UKBA during visa process so better pay off those amounts before applying?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:33 pm

Anyone can have an NI number. Many people have them and never work. I don't understand why you think this is an issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:41 am

yes that is my understanding but they cancelled other trainings stating that it might cause problem to her visa as those trainings are funded by UK gov so that is where I am confused.So it seems should not be a problem. Just to be on safe side is there any way we can check if any entry is gone against NI number or if we contact HMRC or any other govt body...can they verify and confirm us?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:59 am

Training courses are not normally considered as Public funds for immigration purposes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:09 am

perfect.Crystal clear now:)