ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General - ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Lee R-R
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General - ILR

Post by Lee R-R » Mon May 30, 2016 1:22 pm

Hi,

I am unable to answer the following question in SET(O) form:

"When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based."

1. I entered The UK on - 7th of October 2008 (student visa)

2. Switched to Tier 2 General - 12th August 2011

which date I should use for the above question?

Thanks you for your help....

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 General - ILR

Post by iworker » Tue May 31, 2016 11:30 am

if you look at the guidance, it says the question is in relation to your current leave. so enter the date the tire 2 was issued.

Lee R-R
Newly Registered

Post by Lee R-R » Tue May 31, 2016 1:34 pm

Thank you..... for your help....

Another quick question.....

The website says I can book the appointment 42 days in advance.... but I see as of date the appointments are only available for next 18days.... example: In Sheffield, Glasgow....

is it normal? I just need to wait for the appointments to be made available? or is there any other ways....

Booking your appointment

You can choose an appointment up to 42 days in the future. Appointment times will be based on availability. You must attend your appointment before your current visa or leave expires.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-booking

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue May 31, 2016 1:36 pm

Appointment slots are currently only being released onto the booking system 28 days in advance.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Lee R-R
Newly Registered

Post by Lee R-R » Tue May 31, 2016 1:41 pm

Thank you.... appreciate your time....

Lee R-R
Newly Registered

ILR - Tier 2 General Employer

Post by Lee R-R » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:23 am

Hi,

I am applying for ILR via Tier 2 General route,…. Can anyone help me with the format for Employer letter please? It would be great to see a submitted sample….

"Letter from your employer confirming employment over the last 5 years and that you are required to continue working in the UK"

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:44 pm

Topics merged. It is not necessary to start a new topic (in an unrelated sub forum) for each question on the same application. Please continue all your questions in this thread.

See Multiple Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:45 pm

There is no 'template' letter. The letter just needs to state the particulars of your employment, your start date, your salary and that you will be required in the position for the foreseeable future.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lee R-R
Newly Registered

Post by Lee R-R » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:09 pm

Hi,

question on SET(O) application Version - 04/16

I have answered NO to the below.... in that case I take it I don't have to fill question 4.5 right?

where as - I see - If you have answered yes to this question go to Section 5. (so - its a error in the application??? - or My understanding is wrong).....

Section 4 - Knowledge of language and life in the UK

4.4 If you and/or your partner have not obtained one of the relevant qualifications, are you
claiming exemption from this requirement because a physical or other condition prevents you
from taking the Life in the UK test or doing a speaking and listening qualification in English?
You Your partner

Yes No Yes No

If you and/or your partner are claiming exemption, you must provide a doctor’s letter or similar
evidence confirming that you and/or your partner are unable to take the test or obtain a speaking
and listening qualification. An exemption will only be agreed exceptionally. If you have
answered yes to this question go to Section 5.

4.5 Please provide details of your English language test:
Tick to confirm which body awarded your test:
IELTS SELT Consortium
Trinity College London
Provide the SELT unique electronic reference number provided by the awarding body...

Thank you for your help....