ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT --> ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

epremk
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT --> ILR

Post by epremk » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:15 pm

My Tier 2 ICT Visa was granted on 2nd April 2009 and the same was extended 3 time in the UK. The current extension expires 5th May 2014, also have got a CoS number ready for further extension till 30th Sep 2014.

I know that I had a valid visa for a continuous 5 year period i.e., April 2009 – 2014(CoS available for further extension), my first landing date on the parent Visa was 9th August 2009 (128 days after Visa grant).

If we calculate visa eligibility from the Landing date I.e., 9th Aug 2009, I can apply for ILR on 8th July 2014(4 yrs 11 months). Now I’m 65 days falling short for ILR eligibility i.e.,5th May 2014 – 8th July 2014 on the current visa.

One of the UKBA ILR eligibility - Calculation continuous period in UK rule states “The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be counted toward the qualifying period, as long as it does not exceed 90 days. This can occur if the applicant is delayed travelling to the UK. The period of delay will not be counted as an absence if it does not exceed 90 days”

Can the above rule be applied in my case where I was holding a visa for more than 5 years but falling short of 65 days which is less than 90 days.

1) Should I use last issued CoS and get my Tier 2 ICT extended till September and then go for ILR ?
2) Can I directly go for ILR with the new CoS ?

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 2 ICT --> ILR

Post by smartkhan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:20 pm

You know the answer very well. You cannot go for ILR as you entered UK after 90 days. Go for another extension.

susan0x

Post by susan0x » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:18 am

SmartKhan and you both are correct...
If you go directly for ILR without any further extension, HO will reject your application

epremk
Newly Registered

Post by epremk » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:28 pm

Thanks guys ... will then go for the ext ...