ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 ILR DOCS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gold2022002
Newly Registered

TIER 2 ILR DOCS

Post by gold2022002 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:55 pm

Hi,

I am due to apply for settlement after 5 years of Tier 2 (General), I am planning to in person around 15th October and planning to submit following docs

1. Letter from Employer (with details of salary and confirmation of requirement in foreseeable future)
2. 3 months pay slips
3. 1 month bank statement (I only want to submit 1 month as before that my balance went in over draft and also home office guidelines only states most recent bank statement)
4. Life in UK Certificate

I am confused about English requirement, do I still need to submit English requirement proof?

1. I was granted Post Study Work Visa based on my B1 Diploma from a UK Institute
2. I was granted Tier 2 (General) visa based (UK online calculator showing and granting me 10 points for my Indian Degree)

The following link on UKBA states

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t-koll.pdf

We will accept a range of English language qualifications as evidence that an applicant has met the requirement to hold a B1 level speaking and listening qualification. This will help ensure that all those needing to take a test will be able to find one suitable for their needs and, so far as possible, that no one who already has an English language qualification at B1 or above will be required to take another one. So,

for example, a person applying for settlement as a Tier 2 (General) migrant who has already demonstrated a knowledge of English equivalent to B1 level in order to qualify for entry clearance, will not have to take a further test at settlement stage

Gagan

Richard007
Barbados

Re: TIER 2 ILR DOCS

Post by Richard007 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:00 pm

Hi,

Have you applied?

Richard007
Barbados

Post by Richard007 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:41 am

gold2022002 wrote:Hi,

I am due to apply for settlement after 5 years of Tier 2 (General), I am planning to in person around 15th October and planning to submit following docs

1. Letter from Employer (with details of salary and confirmation of requirement in foreseeable future)
2. 3 months pay slips
3. 1 month bank statement (I only want to submit 1 month as before that my balance went in over draft and also home office guidelines only states most recent bank statement)
4. Life in UK Certificate

I am confused about English requirement, do I still need to submit English requirement proof?

1. I was granted Post Study Work Visa based on my B1 Diploma from a UK Institute
2. I was granted Tier 2 (General) visa based (UK online calculator showing and granting me 10 points for my Indian Degree)

The following link on UKBA states

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t-koll.pdf

We will accept a range of English language qualifications as evidence that an applicant has met the requirement to hold a B1 level speaking and listening qualification. This will help ensure that all those needing to take a test will be able to find one suitable for their needs and, so far as possible, that no one who already has an English language qualification at B1 or above will be required to take another one. So,

for example, a person applying for settlement as a Tier 2 (General) migrant who has already demonstrated a knowledge of English equivalent to B1 level in order to qualify for entry clearance, will not have to take a further test at settlement stage

Gagan
Hi,

Have you applied yet? I am about to apply and I am in a similar predicament.

avi

Post by avi » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:17 pm

Hi,
I am on the same situation with overdraft, so just planning to send 1 month bank statement as per the rule. Please let us know if you received your ILR.
Thanks
Avi