ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ILR query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SHILPA123

Tier 2 ILR query

Post by SHILPA123 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:23 am

Hello,

I am a Tier 2 general visa holder and I will be eligible for ILR in March 2015. I have 2 queries:

1) When I was granted my Tier 2, it included 10 points for my qualification from India. So, do I need to take an English language test in order to prove my language capability before applying for ILR
2) I entered the UK on 5 April 2010 after my visa was granted. What is the earliest date when I can apply for ILR
3) Will 12months payslips and bank statements be sufficient or do I need to provide P60 for all 5 years

Many thanks for all your help in advance.

Regards

SHILPA123

Re: Tier 2 ILR query

Post by SHILPA123 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:29 pm

Hello,
Can someone please respond to my query.

With regards to the English language requirements, I get 10 points on the points calculator. However, I have read some contrasting views.

Would appreciate your advice on the english requirement and the other questions.

Regards

rahuls

Re: Tier 2 ILR query

Post by rahuls » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:26 am

SHILPA123 wrote:
1) When I was granted my Tier 2, it included 10 points for my qualification from India. So, do I need to take an English language test in order to prove my language capability before applying for ILR
>>>No, you should show at least 20 points for degree and 10 points for English on Points based calculator
2) I entered the UK on 5 April 2010 after my visa was granted. What is the earliest date when I can apply for ILR
>>>28 days before you complete 5 years from date of entry
3) Will 12months payslips and bank statements be sufficient or do I need to provide P60 for all 5 years
>>>Yes but caseworker may ask for P60, if you don't have them get the 5 year employment history from HMRC