ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traffic offence on ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

san333
Newly Registered

Traffic offence on ILR

Post by san333 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:50 am

Dear friends
I have a strange query.
I'm due for my ILR under long residency within 12 months.
I was caught by police for driving uninsured car in Dec 2013 and was given 6 points and £300 fine through court in June 2014.
I know this will be the ground for refusal of my ILR if applied before 24 months from date of conviction because it's been through court.
In court documents some of my details are wrong.
My title and first name are wrong: it should be Mr Suresh, but in the court documents it is Miss Sirish.
My address DOB and surname are all correct
Same details were on when they sent me letter mentioning about the date of hearing but I filled with all correct details and sent to court. But on the documents with fine and points, my name was Miss Sirish again.
I have requested for SAR through ACRO, and got the reply today saying there is no information held about me on PNC.
My questions are
1.Has my case been recorded as criminal record on PNC?
2.How long does it normally take to appear on PNC from the date of judgement?
3.In my ILR application, do I need to say yes for the offences question?
4.I have a ccj given in Sep 2013. Do ccj's normally appear in PNC?

Thank you for reading and your replies would be much appreciated.

abdulrafay
Newly Registered

Re: Traffic offence on ILR

Post by abdulrafay » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:11 pm

Driving on Provisional Licence
I was driving on Provisional Licence(without L Plate) when my international Licence was expired and my cousin left me in the middle of the journey as he had an appointment. I have full comprehensive insurance, MOT and Road Tax.
Now I was hit from the back by a lorry AFTER a junction on A road in London. My car got write off and Police had taken all details and officer warned me to face prosecution as I didn't have Full driving licence.
I have received 10 page Form 966 to complete from Metro Pol. What should I do as i am going to apply for ILR in 2 months time?

abdulrafay
Newly Registered

Post by abdulrafay » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:45 pm

san333 wrote:Dear friends
I have a strange query.
I'm due for my ILR under long residency within 12 months.
I was caught by police for driving uninsured car in Dec 2013 and was given 6 points and £300 fine through court in June 2014.
I know this will be the ground for refusal of my ILR if applied before 24 months from date of conviction because it's been through court.
In court documents some of my details are wrong.
My title and first name are wrong: it should be Mr Suresh, but in the court documents it is Miss Sirish.
My address DOB and surname are all correct
Same details were on when they sent me letter mentioning about the date of hearing but I filled with all correct details and sent to court. But on the documents with fine and points, my name was Miss Sirish again.
I have requested for SAR through ACRO, and got the reply today saying there is no information held about me on PNC.
My questions are
1.Has my case been recorded as criminal record on PNC?
2.How long does it normally take to appear on PNC from the date of judgement?
3.In my ILR application, do I need to say yes for the offences question?
4.I have a ccj given in Sep 2013. Do ccj's normally appear in PNC?

Thank you for reading and your replies would be much appreciated.
I think you might get away with it this time as you didn't had insurance when caught. You do not have any other offences in past. What is CCJ? But recommend you to mention this on your SET{O) form.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:45 pm

All convictions and CCJs need declaring. A CCJ will not be on the PNC as it's a civil wrong not criminal. If the driving offence is not recorded on the PNC (check with a SAR) then you should be ok.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

amiraziz
Newly Registered

Post by amiraziz » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:23 am

Hi everyone.
I just want to share my experience as i have recentely got my ILR despite of my driving conviction in jan 2013 convicted by court for driving without insurance winh fine of 300.
My advise to all of those who have driving convictions from court,needs to check their PNC report.
And if the conviction is not recorded there then you will get the ILR.
If any one need any info then can inbox me.
Wish you all the best