ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to Pakistan with ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fahim777
Newly Registered

Travelling to Pakistan with ILR

Post by fahim777 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:48 pm

I am a British Citizen and my wife who was granted ILR last month will be travelling to Pakistan later this year with me on 4th Nov 2014. She will be back on 30th Dec 2014 to resume her residency. I will come back on the 2nd Dec 2014. She will be going to Pakistan for 8 weeks (56 Days). This will be the only trip she will be making and then she will apply for British Citizenship next year. I would just like to ask that is my wife allowed to travel for this amount of time? And will she encounter problems at immigration when re-entering the UK? Your replies will be greatly appreciated.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Re: Travelling to Pakistan with ILR

Post by Universal soldier » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:21 pm

why such doubt generate in your mind? she hold ILR which make the holder free from immigration control then why she has problem to enter back?