ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Vary FLR(FP) to Set (LR) @ PEO, Deferred - Approved !

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

UK007
Mood:

Vary FLR(FP) to Set (LR) @ PEO, Deferred - Approved !

Post by UK007 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:37 pm

Alhamdulillah, got my approval letter today, dated 03/12/2015. My PEO appointment was on 25/11/2015.

I had 1 month 22 days gap for 10 years, never got refused any visa last 10 years.

FLR (FP) application posted Next day special delivery on 12/10/2015
Money deducted by HO for my application on 16/10/2015
Acknowledgement letter received on 28/10/2015
Biometric letter received on 21/11/2015
Biometric enrolled on 25/11/2015
PEO appointment @ Croydon on 25/11/2015, decision not given as no passport.
Got my approval letter today 07/12/2015, date 03/12/2015.

I haven't received any refund for FLR(FP) fee or IHS yet !

Thanks a lot to the helpful members and staffs who helped me with their advice, really appreciate it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Vary FLR(FP) to Set (LR) @ PEO, Deferred - Approved !

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:41 pm

Congrats UK007, glad it all worked out for you in such a short space of time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UK007
Mood:

Post by UK007 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:17 pm

CR001 wrote:Congrats UK007, glad it all worked out for you in such a short space of time.
Yeah, really happy ! Credit goes the hard work from you guys to build this amazing forum.

Anyway, just a cheeky question - As my ILR has been approved, do u think I will get a refund for FLR(FP) form & IHS charge, I requested refund for them on bottom of my cover letter for SET (LR) !

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:27 pm

You should hopefully. If you log into the IHS site, there is a refund option. It might take a while though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Survivor07
Newly Registered

Post by Survivor07 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:57 am

Congrats UK007

When did you book your appointment at PEO for 25th Nov.

Well planned and well executed .

Enjoy your freedom

Regards

S

UK007
Mood:

Post by UK007 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:23 am

Survivor07 wrote:Congrats UK007

When did you book your appointment at PEO for 25th Nov.

Well planned and well executed .

Enjoy your freedom

Regards

S

Thanks Survivor07, I booked it a month ago, end of October, don't remember the exact date though !

tajammul77

Post by tajammul77 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:06 am

HI Uk007

I m going to apply for ILR 10 Years at PEO Croydon next week. What documents u submitted with ur application. Do we need to show proof for whole 10 years residency. or the following documents enough

1. uk master degree
2. life in the uk
3. passports with home office
4. photocopies of visas

UK007
Mood:

Post by UK007 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:56 am

tajammul77 wrote:HI Uk007

I m going to apply for ILR 10 Years at PEO Croydon next week. What documents u submitted with ur application. Do we need to show proof for whole 10 years residency. or the following documents enough

1. uk master degree
2. life in the uk
4. photocopies of visas

Hey, documents are enough, but as you don't have passport with you, they will probably not give you decision on the same day. I didn't show proof for whole 10 years residency, I don't think it's needed. Just write a cover letter explaining why you don't have the passports with you & why they should give you ILR, reasons like you have private life here, job, family, friends....

Good luck buddy.

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:15 pm

UK007 wrote:
tajammul77 wrote:HI Uk007

1. uk master degree
2. life in the uk
4. photocopies of visas

Hey, documents are enough, but as you don't have passport with you, they will probably not give you decision on the same day. I didn't show proof for whole 10 years residency, I don't think it's needed. Just write a cover letter explaining why you don't have the passports with you & why they should give you ILR, reasons like you have private life here, job, family, friends....

Good luck buddy.
Hi UK007,

How r u mate? I also went for PEO on the 21st Jan at Croydon and was not given the decision the same day. I am still waiting for my decision . Did you get your refund for FLR (FP) ? I was told by the caseworker to write to the same address where I posted mine application and request the refund. I have written them a Letter but until today received no response.

Please let me know if you have received your money back and I will update you with the outcome of my application once I receive it .

Regards

UK007
Mood:

Post by UK007 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:45 pm

gameover_786 wrote: Hi UK007,

How r u mate? I also went for PEO on the 21st Jan at Croydon and was not given the decision the same day. I am still waiting for my decision . Did you get your refund for FLR (FP) ? I was told by the caseworker to write to the same address where I posted mine application and request the refund. I have written them a Letter but until today received no response.

Please let me know if you have received your money back and I will update you with the outcome of my application once I receive it .

Regards
Hey gameover_786, I am fine, thanks. How r u buddy ?
I haven't received any refunds yet ! Not FLR(FP) fees, nor the IHS. When I login to IHS site, there is no option for refund. Apparently it can take upto 90 days, so I am still waiting, considering to write a letter to FLR(FP) department soon. Let me know if you get any response from FLR(FP) department. Cheers !
I think you might get your ILR next week.

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:12 pm

Hi Guys,

Just to give you an update on my case. I am still waiting for a decision on my SET (LR) application which I varied at PSC on the 21st Jan but today I have received a refund for my FLR (FP) application. The cheque came in the post today for £1298.00 as I applied with a dependant for FLR (FP) . Yet to receive a refund for IHS and obviously a decision on my ILR.

Will update you all again once I get any news from HO.

Many Thanks

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:21 pm

Hi guys,

Another update on my case, I have received my BRP today with issue date of 17/02/2016. I have not received any letter from HO informing me of the decision yet but who needs it now.

It was almost one month since my PSC appointment but thanks God it is all over now.

I would like to thank you all the members and readers of this forum for there advise and help. It has been a great platform for information and guidance.

I will let you all know once I received the rest of my documents and my IHS refund.

Regrads

sukosukkyboie

Post by sukosukkyboie » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:19 pm

congrats guys, I will be doing the same in April.

Can you please provide a format of the Variation letter? or where can i get one
Also i will apply for FLR O or FLR FP for my spouse and Vary to FLR M, does anyone have a format for a Variation letter for this as well

jaykhan2016
Newly Registered

Post by jaykhan2016 » Tue May 17, 2016 5:11 pm

Hiya in the morning Recieved a Call From HO The Rep Said we have Receieved Your Passport and We have made a Decision on Your Case So They Ask me to Collect it From Croydon PEO tomorrow Finger Crossed
Submit My Application on 10th May 2016 at Croydon PEO for SET LR ..... Application Withhold for further checks and Today Recieved a Call for Collection of Documents Quick Service coz i have No Passport When i went for my PEO Appoinment....Let see What Will be the Outcome Thanks

kirankhalil75

Post by kirankhalil75 » Wed May 18, 2016 11:28 am

HI jaykhan2016

Any update ?

sukosukkyboie

Post by sukosukkyboie » Thu May 19, 2016 8:05 pm

gameover_786 wrote:Hi Guys,

Just to give you an update on my case. I am still waiting for a decision on my SET (LR) application which I varied at PSC on the 21st Jan but today I have received a refund for my FLR (FP) application. The cheque came in the post today for £1298.00 as I applied with a dependant for FLR (FP) . Yet to receive a refund for IHS and obviously a decision on my ILR.

Will update you all again once I get any news from HO.

Many Thanks

Hi Gameover,

please when you sent a letter requesting for your refund, was the letter addressed to the same address you sent the FLR FP too or a different address,

Please if it was a different address could you please send this address to me if you still have it.

Have you got the IHS refund too

Thanks

sukosukkyboie

Post by sukosukkyboie » Thu May 19, 2016 8:12 pm

UK007 wrote:
Yeah, really happy ! Credit goes the hard work from you guys to build this amazing forum.

Anyway, just a cheeky question - As my ILR has been approved, do u think I will get a refund for FLR(FP) form & IHS charge, I requested refund for them on bottom of my cover letter for SET (LR) !
Hi UK007,

Please did you get a refund for the FLR FP and IHS?

Thanks

psw2009
Member of Standing

Post by psw2009 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:48 am

My case is similar to some of the cases discussed above. I attended same day service but decision was not made because my passport was with other department. Is it worth calling them for update?

knucks

Post by knucks » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:07 am

Dear psw2009,

I have been following your thread and believe it's too early to ask them for an update.

If I were you, I would have waited for at least 2 weeks.

Regards

psw2009
Member of Standing

Post by psw2009 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:13 am

Thank You knucks

tanju
Newly Registered

Post by tanju » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:46 am

Hi Guys

I had varied my Tier 2 (General) to SET LR on 28th July at Sheffield PSC.

Within 45 minutes of submission they enrolled me for Biometric and asked us to wait for the decision. Around 3 hours later case worker handed a letter to my lawyer that stated mine ILR application is valid but as my current passport is pending with Tier 2 (General) application they can't make any decision on ILR in the same day. They need further inquiry....The case worker also verbally assured us that she needs couple of days to find my passport to make decision.

However after 4 days later (2nd August) they refused my Tier 2 application though I had already varied it with SET LR on 28th July. On 5th August my lawyer sent couple letters to the Tier 2 and ILR department to remind them about the earlier variation and ILR application submission and also requested the case worker to make a decision on my ILR application but there were no response at all. Then he sent the 2nd letter on 22nd August and the 3rd on 16th September and requested over again to let us know a update about the ILR application but never hear any thing so far form the case worker even after 64 days of the premium service appointment.

What can I do now?

If anyone came across similar situation then please feel free to give me some ideas and suggestions.

Thanks and Regards
tanju0726