ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAT/CT receipts from HMRC?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Chase53

VAT/CT receipts from HMRC?

Post by Chase53 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:45 am

Hi all,

How do I request the receipts of VAT and Corporation Tax I paid during the last few years??

I couldn't find proper details how to request HMRC.

Could someone please shed some light on this?

thanks!

jayacpr
Member of Standing
India

Re: VAT/CT receipts from HMRC?

Post by jayacpr » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:57 am

I have the same question !!??

honey2008

Post by honey2008 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:59 am

HMRC does not issue CT Receipts BUT I requested them to send a confirmation that they have received the CT paid by my company.

I got the confirmation within 10 days of my written request, which I used for my ILR

So send them a letter requesting this confirmation.

My company was not VAT registered so I can't comment on VAT but you can use the same CT method here.

Hope this helps

Ta
Honey

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:25 pm

Who submits your VAT returns?

If you have an accountant who does that on your behalf, they ought to keep a copy of the VAT submission receipt for each quarter that they file the return for. If they haven't kept a copy ( which they are meant to ) then they can log into HMRC and print the submission receipts for the return for the last 5 quarters - this will have your business name or your name if you are a soletrader, registered office, VAT registration number and all relevant boxes figures which was filed.

Alternatively, if you file your VAT returns yourself, you can print the same by logging into
https://www.gov.uk/log-in-register-hmrc-online-services

Choosing VAT

Hope this helps!

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:32 pm

Oops just realised you said paid!

This should be out of the account you pay it from and you can match it against the VAT returns submitted.

HMRC doesn't provide a receipt for the amount you pay and unlike CT you can't see a statement of account for liabilities and payments online.

Worth a try calling HMRC.