ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visited PEO no decision made still waiting

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Holisi2000
Newly Registered

Visited PEO no decision made still waiting

Post by Holisi2000 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:42 pm

Hi, went for ILR on same day appointment but no result given. would appreciate if someone that has gone through the same situation help me on this. Had an appointment with the HO on the 19th of January, presented all the document after a long wait I was called by my case worker requesting for additional documents. I was given 14 day to send previous self assessment submitted within the 5 years I have been in the UK.. I work full time in a reputable company here in the UK, also registered as self employed about 4 years ago. I actually presented my employment earnings of £39,000 and in addition to that another foreign income of £14,000. The foreign income was actually taxed from source and the income was unremittable foreign income. The £14,000 made was left behind for charity sponsorship to help the needy in my own country where the project was carried out.

Could it be that the case worker want to know if I actually paid tax from the foreign income? The tax has already been deducted at source with an evidence of a detailed confirmation letter from the company stating what I have been paid and what tax has been deducted from the total money paid. And this foreign income was also paid to my personal foreign bank account not even my UK bank account.

Please someone should help me out on this..

HarryJones

Re: Visited PEO no decision made still waiting

Post by HarryJones » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:18 pm

You said the 14k was left behind for charity in that country.
You also said you presented the same 14k to HO as your earnings for ILR.
This is rather Confusing.
Did you submit your SA302? Was 39k not enough for your point earnings? Have you now submitted the SAs for the past 5 years?
Well I think it's 3 weeks now....there could be good news soonest.
Be positive and optimistic.

martinstroke

Post by martinstroke » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:46 pm

Hello Holis,

From your post, you said that the home office requested that you send your self assessments for the previous 5 years. I understand that you have said that you were self employed in your post but did you at any point get interviewed by the case worker and did you disclose to them that your self employed in the UK.

From what people who have been to peo have said in previous posts, particularly the self employed ones have been asked at the PEO if they were self employed and if so, they were handed out forms to fill. Was this the situation in your case?

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:57 pm

If you earned the 14k (in whatever country) while in UK it's liable for UK tax, under DTA if one exists.

Whatever - it needed to be declared to HMRC and if you haven't......
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Holisi2000
Newly Registered

Post by Holisi2000 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:37 pm

HarryJones wrote:You said the 14k was left behind for charity in that country.
You also said you presented the same 14k to HO as your earnings for ILR.
This is rather Confusing.
Did you submit your SA302? Was 39k not enough for your point earnings? Have you now submitted the SAs for the past 5 years?
Well I think it's 3 weeks now....there could be good news soonest.
Be positive and optimistic.
Yes I did submitted the SA302 but my foreign earnings was not included except my UK income. On page TR 7 of the online assessment I actually stated where they asked for any other Information. I gave details of all income made and total tax deducted. I only did that because the money was an unremittable foreign income. Was paid in my foreign bank account and wasn't transferred to the UK.

Holisi2000
Newly Registered

Post by Holisi2000 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:53 pm

martinstroke wrote:Hello Holis,

From your post, you said that the home office requested that you send your self assessments for the previous 5 years. I understand that you have said that you were self employed in your post but did you at any point get interviewed by the case worker and did you disclose to them that your self employed in the UK.

From what people who have been to peo have said in previous posts, particularly the self employed ones have been asked at the PEO if they were self employed and if so, they were handed out forms to fill. Was this the situation in your case?

Thanks
Thanks for your response. I was never interviewed by the case worker. She only called me as requested I send previous self assessment tax return submitted. I was able to go online to print out records of previous self Assessments submitted and send to the case worker the following day with a recorded delivery. I've tracked it and saw it was delivered. Actually I was given a form to fill as self employed . Yes I am registered as self employed in the UK but haven't involved my self yet with any particular business in the UK. On few occasions I get very sort contracts overseas whereby I was given a contractual agreement to sign. And in this contract agreement all indications were written there how I will be paid and taxed. ALL payments actually went into my foreign bank account and the money was never transferred to the UK.

Even on the self Assessment form while I was filling my tax returns on page TR 7 of that form there is a black space that says any other information you wish to let HMRC know.. On that page I declared my total income paid and total tax that was deducted from my foreign income and the same time made it known that the money was unremitted to the UK. How I wish I was interviewed I would have explained all this.

Holisi2000
Newly Registered

Post by Holisi2000 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:06 pm

Wanderer wrote:If you earned the 14k (in whatever country) while in UK it's liable for UK tax, under DTA if one exists.

Whatever - it needed to be declared to HMRC and if you haven't......

On the self Assessment form while I was filling my tax returns on page TR 7 of that form there is a black space that says any other information you wish to let HMRC know.. On that page I declared my total income paid and total tax that was deducted from my foreign income and the same time made it known that the money was unremitted to the UK. How I wish I was interviewed I would have explained all this.

If I was also given the opportunity I would have opened on the page TR 7 of the self assessment form and show them where I actually stated it. At least that shows I wasn't trying to hide anything about me foreign income. But the case work never interviewed me and I know she wouldn't have the time to flip on each pages of that self assessment form to see all my information's. I'm very sure I stated it on that form.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:25 pm

Case workers don't interview the applicants during the PSC appointment as they are only of a junior level. Any applications which require further investigation are passed to a higher level of authority for verification and generally join the postal queue at the premium fee. This is why applicants are advised only to apply in person if the application is straightforward.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Holisi2000
Newly Registered

Post by Holisi2000 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:33 pm

Casa wrote:Case workers don't interview the applicants during the PSC appointment as they are only of a junior level. Any applications which require further investigation are passed to a higher level of authority for verification and generally join the postal queue at the premium fee. This is why applicants are advised only to apply in person if the application is straightforward.
Thanks Casa, I just have to wait for them to decide on my application. I hope all will be fine. Thanks once again.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:34 pm

I hope so too. Keep us updated.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Holisi2000
Newly Registered

Post by Holisi2000 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Casa wrote:I hope so too. Keep us updated.
All went well..

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:44 pm

Very pleased to hear it. :)
(Casa, not CR001)