ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which PBS calculator printout for English language proof ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Simplyhuman

Which PBS calculator printout for English language proof ?

Post by Simplyhuman » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:45 am

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked/answered elsewhere but just wanted to confirm, hence asking here.

Could someone please advise/confirm which printout of the PBS calculator is required as the proof for English Language based on your degree?

The calculator I've found is available at the below link, is this the right one? And if yes, then which category should one choose from the list when getting a printout for applying for ILR? Choice is very limited and obviously no choice for ILR in there as such; would simply selecting TIER 1/2 be OK as the purpose of the calculator/printout will be to just prove the degree compatibility in order to get the English language proof?

https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... ment.faces

Thanks for looking and any advice in advance.

Malik44

Re: Which PBS calculator printout for English language proof

Post by Malik44 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:49 pm

If you are applying ILR through T 1G than used calculator as T1 G and if you are applying ILR through T 2 G than used T 2 G .

eddybaloch

Post by eddybaloch » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:18 am

Hi,

It depends on which category you are applying for and the purpose. For ILR you need the PBS to show at least 20 points for degree and 10 for language. However, it is not always simple. For example,when I was applying for ILR (3 weeks ago) from Tier 2 I decided to rely on PBS for my English language requirement. However, if you enter tier 2 it doesn't give you option for degree. I did a lot of research and even contacted home office. They confirmed that it doesn't matter which option you use or what dates you chose. As long as the detail for degree are correct and the system awards you points, you are okay

So for my English language requirement, I entered Tier 1 and selected first entry date as 2011 (although I came here in 2009;this is because the system doesn't recognize 2009 date for some reason). It gave me 30 points for degree and 10 for language

Eddy B.

rkshkv
Newly Registered

Post by rkshkv » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:44 am

Thanks Eddy,

I searched the whole forum to get this answer. Thanks very much!

Simplyhuman

Post by Simplyhuman » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:23 pm

Thanks everyone,

I thought that'd be the case but wanted to double check with others who might have used it too.

I have simply selected the T2G from the drop-down and opted for switching current category option, and continued with that, entered the information about the degrees and the calculator went to the screen where it showed the 10 points next to the degree info and asked to select the one (if more than one) which I liked to use for my 10 points for the language. So all good with that.

I just hope the same would be acceptable for a foreign degree where the calculator accepts it and assigns 10 points for it. (When it comes to the dependant application :))

Thanks

puneetdwd

Post by puneetdwd » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:35 pm

Hi
what option do you select for Tier1 G Depedant ?
P