ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

will the 10 years long residence be there in 2/3 years time?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ajek01

will the 10 years long residence be there in 2/3 years time?

Post by ajek01 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:36 am

Hi everybody

Just wondering about all the changes UKBA is making, they have almost chaged every route of VISA.

Im will be eligibile to apply for Ilr in 2 years time in 2014. Will I be in the safe side or it can also be changed.

Many says that it is part of EU law and is difficult to change.

I know it is difficult to say what would happen in the future but still if you could make comments on it...

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:33 am

It’s very hard to say what would happen to 10 years rule in future.

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:16 am

From what I know it will not be touched for at least next two years. You can check earlier posts on this subject. But if you are that worried, why not contact good immigration solicitors, for example the company which own this forum and pay for small consultation and then let us know their opinion. I paid 70 pounds several years ago and was told that it is highly unlikely to be changed, which we can see confirmed especially by new rules with limits for student visas. It simply won't be possible to live ten years by new rules, so why bother with it, I was told it is connected with eu wide human rights. But it was about five years ago. So why not someone do the same again and then enlighten us with the opinion Of professionals. I recOmmend Workpermit.com for it.

Cheers!

ajek01

Post by ajek01 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:04 pm

thanks JohnM, anybodyelse to make comments on this issue please...the Gurus/ Moderators please...