ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10weeks+ for accompany EU spouse visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Hassan mostafa
Newly Registered

Re: 10weeks+ for accompany EU spouse visa

Post by Hassan mostafa » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:01 pm

11 weeks still waiting for decision we try to contact Irish visa in Dublin and solvit but no reply ,does any one know what's wrong and what can I do?
Thanks

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:32 am

BAD NEWS VISA REFUSED

i received the email on friday saying that the visa decision letter was issued on 17/07/15 waooooo i was like
whattt.after that i quickly call the irish visa office the lady operator on the phone was extremly rude she said it was our mistake by email.your visa decision letter was issued on 19/08/15.before that when i emailed them
in the past on 27/07/15 the visa office replied my email on 30/07/15 stating that my visa application is wating for examination.today i got call from gerrys the visa center in islamabad to collect my passport and documents.so it means my application was returned from ireland in 1 working day hahahhahah i cant beleive
i waited for my decision for 3 months and in last wasting all that time they came back to me with a refusal.
well i am in contact with solveit to really solve this mystrey happend to my case.
You May see me struggling but you will never see me quitting

Pti2323

Post by Pti2323 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:49 am

khanmzk wrote:BAD NEWS VISA REFUSED

i received the email on friday saying that the visa decision letter was issued on 17/07/15 waooooo i was like
whattt.after that i quickly call the irish visa office the lady operator on the phone was extremly rude she said it was our mistake by email.your visa decision letter was issued on 19/08/15.before that when i emailed them
in the past on 27/07/15 the visa office replied my email on 30/07/15 stating that my visa application is wating for examination.today i got call from gerrys the visa center in islamabad to collect my passport and documents.so it means my application was returned from ireland in 1 working day hahahhahah i cant beleive
i waited for my decision for 3 months and in last wasting all that time they came back to me with a refusal.
well i am in contact with solveit to really solve this mystrey happend to my case.
What the reason for refusal ?? Please share it here. It's very rare that they wed refuse the visa on basis of the EU directive

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:57 am

pit2323 like i said Gerrys office in Islamabad where i submitted my application called me today asking me
to pick my documents and passport tommrow so thats why i dont know what is the reason yet.but i will definitely share it here as soon i get my documents tommrow..

Pti2323

Post by Pti2323 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:05 pm

khanmzk wrote:pit2323 like i said Gerrys office in Islamabad where i submitted my application called me today asking me
to pick my documents and passport tommrow so thats why i dont know what is the reason yet.but i will definitely share it here as soon i get my documents tommrow..
Well I hope it's some minor mistake on their part and they overturn the decision Asap

Also could you pls share if u applied for JOIN or ACCOMPANIED visa ?

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:07 pm

join/accompany is same either ways..one or the other

Pti2323

Post by Pti2323 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:12 pm

Yea it is same but then again the docs u wud need to submit for join visa are dfrnt as that wud mean the EU citizen is already in Ireland exceeding their treaty rights.

I am planning to apply for accompany visa in this next or so. I'm a bit confused abt something - if you can help me with that pls.

The dual UK national has Pakistani NICOP too which always wud have Pakistani address as their permanent add. In our Urdu nikkah it's both the addresses. (UK and pak) but In the NADRA marriage certificate it's the Pakistani add only.

You think it wud be a prob ???

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:26 pm

where your wife is from? i mean she is pakistani?

Pti2323

Post by Pti2323 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:27 pm

Yes british citizen pakistani roots KPK

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:47 pm

it seems like you will be having no problems.but let me clear you something join/accompany visa under the eu
treaty rights directive 2004/38/ec does not state that you have to be in the state if your joining your spouse/partner.to exercise your free movement rights under article 2 its clearly written that a EU/EEA citizen can freely move within
the EU without any hesitation with no such requirements.also under ARTICLE 5
Equality between spouses
Spouses shall enjoy equality of rights and responsibilities of a
private law character between them, and in their relations with
their children, as to marriage, during marriage and in the event
of its dissolution. This Article shall not prevent States from taking
such measures as are necessary in the interests of the children.

if you are applying under directive 2004/38/ec then you can easily join or accompany your wife for a trip toireland on a "c" CATEGORY VISA which will be granted on port of entry in ireland where you will arrival most
of the time people get 3 months visa easily on arrival then the rules are simple and clear if your wife want to exercise her treaty rights by working/studying/self sufficent and living in ireland then you can apply for
a residence card i will really recommend you to search about surinder singh route.below is the link for you to learn
and apply through this route best of luck...

Pti2323

Post by Pti2323 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:50 pm

Thank u so much for the detailed info. Appreciated.

Ive looked into this route for a month now. As I'm in Pakistan id need a visa to board the plane. Thats y I'd go for C visit visa under the EU directive. The time its taking from Pakistan is insane 3 plus months

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:36 am

just got my refusal letter the reason was absolutely ridiculous.they stated in the refusal that i am not qualifying family member of the EU citizen.becuase the directive 2004/38/ec was transposed into irish law
by way of statutory instrument no 656 of 2006 european communities free movement of persons no 2 regulations 2006 regulation 2(1) defines a permitted family member and a qualifying family member as fallows

1.the spouse of the EU citizen
2.the partner of the EU citizen where the state recognises the registered partnership as equivalent to marriage
3.sons of daughters of the eu citizen and/or their spouse or partner under 21 years of age
4.sons of daughters of the eu citizen and/or their spouse or partner ,over 21 years of age where they are dependent on the eu citizen and /or their spouse or partner
5.parents and grandparents of the eu citizen and the spouse or partner where they are dependent on the eu
citizen and/or their spouse or partner

permitted family member

1 other family members who in the ountry from which they have come are dependents or members of the household of the eu citizen
2.the partner with whom the eu citizen has a duly attested durable relationship.

could somebody please help me to launch a appeal on the basis of this refusal.many thanks

Pti2323

Post by Pti2323 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:59 am

Can i ask what marriage docs u sent to show your marriage. Coz the refusal is primarily based on the non recognistion of your relationship.

Pti2323

Post by Pti2323 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:01 am

Also it would be a good idea to make a new thread with your refusal as a topic so moderators/experienced people can see it and advise accordingly

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:28 am

pti2323 there is no need to open a new thread.as the mods of this site itself recommended not to open a new thread while a thread is running so i respect the rules of this site.anyway these were the docs i submitted

1.imigration history UK
2.personal statement
3.mp letter from house of commons
4.bank statements on same address
5.diffrent bank and phone company letters on same address
5.marriage certificate original
6.brochers from the hotels to get inquiry to get married in uk
7.passport copies
8.my wifes pakistani visa copy as she is with me in pakistan
9.cover letters
10.refusal from home office uk on the case i submitted on the basis of human rights article 8

aligo
Ireland

Post by aligo » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:00 pm

it seems that they are now getting strict a bit. I don't think you needed to submit this many documents. you should have just stuck to what they needed. Remember that the more you provide the more they are going to dig deep into your case. anyways good luck

fsa

Post by fsa » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:42 pm

khanmzk wrote:pti2323 there is no need to open a new thread.as the mods of this site itself recommended not to open a new thread while a thread is running so i respect the rules of this site.anyway these were the docs i submitted

1.imigration history UK
2.personal statement
3.mp letter from house of commons
4.bank statements on same address
5.diffrent bank and phone company letters on same address
5.marriage certificate original
6.brochers from the hotels to get inquiry to get married in uk
7.passport copies
8.my wifes pakistani visa copy as she is with me in pakistan
9.cover letters
10.refusal from home office uk on the case i submitted on the basis of human rights article 8

Im sorry to hear of the refusal. We still haven't heard anything. The last correspondence was an email from INIS stating they received the application in Dublin office and that all applications are dealt with in order they are received...
Did you marry in UK or Pakistan? you did submit alot of documents with your application

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:26 pm

fsa the fact of the matter is they refused me stating that i am not the qualifying family member of EU citizen
which is ridiculously wrong its a very biased and unfair decision i proved on all grounds that i am living with.my wife since i got married in 2013 which is more then 2 years now.and also i got married in UK ISLAMIC way but they said in the letter the EU citizen whom you married to must hold a UK registrar certified marriage certificate of his/her origin country which is utterly wrong and against the directive in itself the treaty rights says
you can get marry in any country and any religion there is no boundaries as far as you can prove your relationship durable and long lasting.but they said that treaty rights were amended in 2006 statutory instrument 656 of 2006 european communities free movement of persons NO2 regulations 2006 regulation 2(1)
NOW STOP HERE AND CHECK THIS STATUTORY IN THE BELOW LINK IT EXPLAINS EXACTLY THE SAME LAWS
AS DIRECTIVE 2004/38/EC DO.......

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2006/en/si/0656.html

THIS MEANS THEY ARE MAKING PEOPLE FOOLS BY WASTING THERE PRECIOUS TIME.I WAITED 03 MONTHS TO GET THE RESULT WHICH IS A LONG TIME ITSELF

FSA i will recommend you to contact them by phone not by email to get straight forward answer because when i emailed them for the first time on 27/07/15 they replied me on 30/07/15 stating that my application is waiting for examination.i again emailed them on 10/08/15 asking them about the status of my application they replied me on 21/08/15 that my decision letter was issued on 17/07/15 i got mad that why they are keeping my application then i called the visa dublin office they said the decision was not issued on 17/07/15 sorry i forgot to tell you the email that i received on 17/07/15 was from eu treaty rights unit not from visa office dublin anyway they said eu treaty rights unit made a mistake the letter was issued on 20/08/15.and you will get your docs back soon and today i got it back.so it means all that time i was waiting was a waste they just took the decision in less then 2 weeks time wasting my 10 weeks.know my case is with solveit i hope they will do something about this messed up situation..

fsa

Post by fsa » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:39 pm

khanmzk - what telephone number did you call them on?

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:41 pm

fsa call on this number +353 1 666 9100 and ask for the visa section do not remember the exact number..
but please do not waste time do call asap. because if you applied 12 weeks ago its 03 months straight away tell them you need information...

Jane20231
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Jane20231 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:58 am

hi all , sorry about your visa refusal (khanmzk), that's very rear in EU directive law,
I applied for accompany Eu spouse from pakistan exactly 10 week ago, today I recived an email saying that the application is awaiting examination.
I have no idea why it's taking so long, on the guideline its state that application will be process with in four week once it's recived by Irish Consulate. I am confused whether to contact Solvit or just wait further more weeks.

@fsa do let us know what answer they gave you over the phone regarding your application.

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:49 am

i am sure they take decision and then being lazy they never send it back to karachi consulate try to push them
to get the answer....there is no other way.and as far as solveit is concern do involve them aswell

Jane20231
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Jane20231 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:56 pm

I am thinking to send an email to Solvit, this is insane!!!!
I have contacted Karachi consulate few times,all they say that application are taking longer now a days and advice me to send an email to visamail@justice.ie

@khanmzk did they told you the outcome of your application over the phone????

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:38 pm

+353 1 666 9100 call this number and they will give you direct line number for visa office.yes they
give me info on phone

davenjoy

Post by davenjoy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:57 pm

Hi, I have the same issue.I submitted my accompany/join spouse visa last June 5, 2015 at
Irish Consulate in Manila.Until now I'm still waiting for the decision, every Tuesday I'm checking the decision online.It is my 12th week already this week.