ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2014 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

saad786

Re: 2014 Citizenship Approvals

Post by saad786 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:36 pm

@banana07 surely I am going to do so ..... I can really understand that it might be of importance to some of the fellows here...

okdokie

Post by okdokie » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:27 pm

I m spouse of an Irish citizen and I got 2nd stage letter after they asked me for copy of my spouse's passport. JFYI.

saad786

Post by saad786 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:12 am

@okdokie.... Thanks for sharing the information with us......

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:56 am

okiedokie & saad - Im terribly sorry, I totally mixed and matched.. I re-filtered all topics on board to find the pattern of the applications.. its actually Minor (children) applications that have no 2nd stage (garda and rev).. am really sorry! genuine mistake.. hope that did not give anybody false hopes
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

johnnieboy

Post by johnnieboy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:55 am

@ banana 07

hey again!
I'm interested in the point you just mentioned to saad79 about what happens in each stage (it will also the answer the question I had in another thread). So from what I understand this is what happens in each stage :
stage 1 : Acknowledgement of receipt. No review of documents.
stage 2 : Review of documents. If all is ok, sent for approval.
stage 3 : approval of minister
stage 4 : receive certification fee and photos
stage 5 : ceremony

In which if these stages does the review of the Garda/Revenue documents is done? stage 2 or 3? (Again, I'm not 100% sure they review info from Revenue, first time I hear that, would love if you can explain more)

Thanks for your great help!

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:09 am

here you go

stage 2 : Review of documents. If all is ok, send a letter saying proceeded to 2nd stage (garda and rev reports). if not ok, send a letter asking for extra docs or rejection. on response, stage 2 is repeated again until all ok and then they proceed to garda checking

technically, the first / initial stage is when all first stage checks are done (documents + meeting the 5 years) - then second stage is garda checks and revenue.. then third stage waiting for minister to approve/reject..

laspo24

Post by laspo24 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:36 pm

johnnieboy wrote:@ banana 07

hey again!
I'm interested in the point you just mentioned to saad79 about what happens in each stage (it will also the answer the question I had in another thread). So from what I understand this is what happens in each stage :
stage 2 : Review of documents. If all is ok, sent for approval.

In which if these stages does the review of the Garda/Revenue documents is done? stage 2 or 3? (Again, I'm not 100% sure they review info from Revenue, first time I hear that, would love if you can explain more)

Thanks for your great help!
After 2nd stage then Garda/Police vetting... Judging from my own experience as they asked me to get criminal record check from NI police and send to them... Thats if you reside up North.

johnnieboy

Post by johnnieboy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:12 pm

@ laspo24

Thank you for replying back on this! I'd really really appreciate any more feedback as this issue is causing me great concern.

I'm very stressed now after what banana 07 wrote as I was not aware that INIS actually reviews information from the Revenue office.

I'm already after step 1 (first acknowledgement) and I'm supposed to transfer in two weeks to the US with the same company. Once I move, my company is obliged to send me P45, which means that the Revenue offices will be notified of the work termination.

So I expect to get the 2nd acknowledgement around the dates I'm supposed to be transferring. If the review with Revenue will happen after that (I was under the impression only the garda review happens after that stage), then it means Revenue might report to INIS on my un-employment. Big troubles.

Do I really have to be concerned here? I wasn't aware about Review with Revenue. I guess I can try to delay my transfer, but just want to make sure its a obligatory thing to do at this stage.

Thanks very much, this is so helpful!

pyramid stone
Ireland

Post by pyramid stone » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:54 pm

Hello ,
I applied march 2014/ first acknowledgment letter first week in April second acknowledgment end of April/ stamp 5 .
Yesterday I called to see the progress on my application and was told still at the revenue and I can't tell you more than that.
To be honest I was shucked, Revenue !!!! I thought i misunderstood but now I understand but still don't know will I considered in the next ceremony or am still on longer process. I applied in 2010 and rejected my application cause there was a gap 3 weeks between renewal "they delay was from their side to respond to my visa renewal application" then I applied in 2011 then they came back to me REFUSED 2013 cause of few illegal parking tickets and court and fines "I moved my house and the fines came on my old address then court" any ways all the fines were paid before they came back to me on June last year to tell me my application was refused. However, I applied again this year and am at the revenue :).
MY hair turning gray over stress.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:19 pm

P45 is an obligation, but usually by Dec/Jan of the year.. so you can delay it easily if you are friends with the payroll team.. if not, my smart arse solution is to find an excuse like i need to renew my passport and take 2 months so i will work in ireland until renewed, or am on queue to visit consultant to check my nerves bla bla so your employer delays your move..

revenue checks is to see if you have accessed the dole in last 3 years, and if you are economically active (no pr45 etc).. usually if they come back with negative point about you, the MoJ at worst case defers your application until you show that you are working and self sufficient ... if the case is simple, they will have sympathy for you, especially if you contributed a lot to revenue.. a bit of juggling with MoJ when they send you a letter to justify your access to dole and showing an interest on being self sufficient (proofs that you are trying to find a job) will get you an approval (usually the minister judges not the processing team) but all get delayed (in defiance of you maybe!!)

chill out guys.. many ppl accessed the dole and got approved with this govt.. previous govt was very very serious about immigration (they were afraid of race cleansing!!!!! although 99% of their citizens are actually immigrants around the world and struggling - stupidity was a treasure in previous govt)

evajohnson
Newly Registered

Post by evajohnson » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:10 pm

There should be approval letters hopefully next week. Maybe from Wednesday I hope

mrciti

Post by mrciti » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:26 pm

evajohnson wrote:There should be approval letters hopefully next week. Maybe from Wednesday I hope
If we get approval next week then there will be a ceremony at the end of November I strongly believe so.what do u thinks guys

Slavuj
Newly Registered

Post by Slavuj » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:43 pm

mrciti wrote:
evajohnson wrote:There should be approval letters hopefully next week. Maybe from Wednesday I hope
If we get approval next week then there will be a ceremony at the end of November I strongly believe so.what do u thinks guys

I think: Dec or even January 2015.
But this is only guessing; my guessing.
I think that Nov is not possible - cause it is not enough time.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:00 pm

anybody told you about that? I can't man up and call INIS as I keep occupy them asking questions so we stop guessing..

evajohnson
Newly Registered

Post by evajohnson » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:33 am

I think December as well for another ceremony.Due to my last conversation with them. I was told to check back next week as some patch of vetting report just came in and will be processing them this week as they were busy with preparation for last ceremony. I think it kinda explain why some people got some responses back this week on their application for further documents while those whose application has gone through will move to the next stage.

saad786

Post by saad786 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:10 am

Anyone got more information or letters from Inis this week please share.....

emmanueljames
BANNED

Post by emmanueljames » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:09 pm

No update yet! We all are still waiting...... We pray for positive answers in Jesus name

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:58 pm

no approvals sent yet.. also not sure (someone correct me please) if they have sent ack letters (apart from 1st ack letter) as they are sent in batches too (they submit to garda and rev in batches)

okdokie

Post by okdokie » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:01 pm

Someone mention in another thread he/she a letter for further info...no approvals as of yet though..

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:32 am

no letters in mailbox today..

anybody received anything today?

saad786

Post by saad786 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:05 am

No not yet..... Anybody got ??

okdokie

Post by okdokie » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:03 am

nope...Wed & Thu this week and the next 2 week most likely letter days...Inshallah(God willing)!

Bibisha

Post by Bibisha » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:19 am

My mother is still waiting on her letter they requested further douccument documents from her last month and a copy of gnib then she sent them everything after 2 weeks they sent her an acknowledgement letter saying no further documents are requested and your application will be sent to the minster for decision but until this days she hasn't got a really yet :( she applied for naturalization march 2014 so hope to god she will hear something of them soon

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:57 am

.. and nothing for today

okdokie

Post by okdokie » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:06 pm

nope...fingers crossed.